CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What do you do for deep conditioning?

+16
WalkingInDestiny
QuietButterfly
mommydiva
LaToya28
Lynnieluve
JasLuv
Lilith_Eve
Poundcake921
BajanPrincess82
Karyn
jlowman1
LadyMika
Erica5417
cutephantasm
awalliso
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What do you do for deep conditioning? Empty What do you do for deep conditioning?

Post by awalliso 5th April 2010, 8:30 am

Hello CN ladies,
So I have only been doing the natural thing a very short time I have had a relaxer since October but I was a weaveeeeeeee head spending about $250 a month on hair that is not mines but with the sew INS my hair still was damaged and breaking off so feb 28 I did the BC and now I'm rocking the twa and I love it. I have use wett! Ohhh no super dry out. And Miss Jessie I do like hair buttercream I am hearing good and bad about her line. I co- wash with totally twisted and loveeeeeeee my curls I Esh I could leave it in alllll day.. But ladies pleaseeee help me with deep conditioning what do you do, what do you mix, what do you buy, and what's something that is truely needed in deep conditioning? I think I have a lot down pack but my deep conditioning sucks.. HELP!
awalliso
awalliso

https://facebook.com/amberwhitnee

Back to top Go down

What do you do for deep conditioning? Empty Re: What do you do for deep conditioning?

Post by ... 5th April 2010, 8:55 am

Well, I don't use a deep conditioner specifically. I usually just take whatever rinse-out conditioner I have around (which is usually Trader Joe's Nourish Spa) and mix it with honey and some natural oils (like olive, castor, sweet almond...it doesn't really matter). I'll leave that in for however long I want, maybe 30 minutes to an hour while wearing a plastic cap, rinse it out, apply my moisturizer (which is Alba Botanica Leave-In), and seal (with coconut oil).

Back to top Go down

What do you do for deep conditioning? Empty Re: What do you do for deep conditioning?

Post by cutephantasm 5th April 2010, 5:40 pm

i just started deep conditioning on dry hair... saturate the dry hair with DC, and let it sit as you normally would, then rinse out. It's GREAT for my hair so far
cutephantasm
cutephantasm

Back to top Go down

Post by Erica5417 5th April 2010, 6:11 pm

I use Carol's Daughter Tuo Smoothie applied to wet hair, sit under a plastic cap for an hour.
Erica5417
Erica5417

http://ericathurman.ennoir.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 5th April 2010, 6:17 pm

I use Organic Root Stimulator Replenishing Conditioner, cover with a plastic cap, wrap a towel around my head, sit for an hour and then rinse.
LadyMika
LadyMika

http://metalkink.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 5th April 2010, 6:30 pm

I have been using Pantene Relaxed and Natural's Breakage Defense Deep Conditioning Mask but before then I was just mixing my regular rinse out conditioner (usually Aussie Moist or Suave Naturals Tropical Coconut Conditioner) with honey and olive oil/coconut oil. Works like a charm!
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by Karyn 5th April 2010, 8:50 pm

jlowman1 wrote:I have been using Pantene Relaxed and Natural's Breakage Defense Deep Conditioning Mask but before then I was just mixing my regular rinse out conditioner (usually Aussie Moist or Suave Naturals Tropical Coconut Conditioner) with honey and olive oil/coconut oil. Works like a charm!

Is that good?

I've been mixing: Organix Coconut Milk Conditioner, Herbal Essences Hello Hydration, EVOO, EVCO, and Honey. I love Carol's Daughter's Tui Hair Smoothie though, but my mom's wallet does not.
Karyn
Karyn

Back to top Go down

Post by BajanPrincess82 5th April 2010, 9:20 pm

I mix Pantene Relaxed and Natural Deep Conditioning Mask with olive oil and cover it with a plastic cap for about an hour. I love the results. You should try it out!
BajanPrincess82
BajanPrincess82

Back to top Go down

Post by Poundcake921 5th April 2010, 9:32 pm

@bajanprincess - I do the same exact thing! The results are amazing! Sometimes I mix a lili bit of CD's tui smoothie hair conditioner in there too....
Poundcake921
Poundcake921

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilith_Eve 5th April 2010, 10:27 pm

How much olive oil are you all mixing with your deep conditioners? I've tried mixing Suave with honey and my hair was still dry after wards (of course that was literally post bc)
Lilith_Eve
Lilith_Eve

Back to top Go down

Post by Poundcake921 5th April 2010, 10:31 pm

I usually use about 2 capfuls and run it thru my hair with my fingers.....
Poundcake921
Poundcake921

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 6th April 2010, 12:02 am

Karyn wrote:
jlowman1 wrote:I have been using Pantene Relaxed and Natural's Breakage Defense Deep Conditioning Mask but before then I was just mixing my regular rinse out conditioner (usually Aussie Moist or Suave Naturals Tropical Coconut Conditioner) with honey and olive oil/coconut oil. Works like a charm!

Is that good?

I've been mixing: Organix Coconut Milk Conditioner, Herbal Essences Hello Hydration, EVOO, EVCO, and Honey. I love Carol's Daughter's Tui Hair Smoothie though, but my mom's wallet does not.

I love it! At first, I didn't like it but tried it again and left it on longer and it's been working great ever since. I just wish they made it in a bigger jar. I definitely think you should give it a try!
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by awalliso 6th April 2010, 12:30 am

thanks a bunch ladies I have a question does anyone use cholesterol I know I used it during the time I was getting relaxers but I dont hear much about it now. is that good or bad?
awalliso
awalliso

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 6th April 2010, 12:34 am

I use the LeKair Cholesterol and add an egg for my protein treatments. I started using it after watching ChiselleCouture's Youtube videos. It's been working very well for my hair. The only thing I hate is that the cholesterol contains mineral oil. I'm currently looking for one with better ingredients to replace it with.
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by awalliso 6th April 2010, 12:57 am

Ms. Jlowman thanks sooo much for the you tub info i love her omg
awalliso
awalliso

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 6th April 2010, 1:14 am

You are very welcome, Chiselle's vids are great and her hair is gorgeous! Loving your twa, it is FIERCE! Hope all this info helps on your journey to finding a DC... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilith_Eve 6th April 2010, 8:15 pm

Thanks Poundcake!
Lilith_Eve
Lilith_Eve

Back to top Go down

Post by JasLuv 13th April 2010, 8:44 pm

cutephantasm wrote:i just started deep conditioning on dry hair... saturate the dry hair with DC, and let it sit as you normally would, then rinse out. It's GREAT for my hair so far

I would like to vote for DC on dry hair! It is the bomb!
JasLuv
JasLuv

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 13th April 2010, 9:17 pm

I use Karen's Body Beautiful Luscious locks Hair mask.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 14th April 2010, 11:23 am

For the ladies who DC on dry hair, do you shampoo afterward? I've actually heard of someone doing it this way. (DC, shampoo, condition)

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by JasLuv 14th April 2010, 11:52 am

LaToya28 wrote:For the ladies who DC on dry hair, do you shampoo afterward? I've actually heard of someone doing it this way. (DC, shampoo, condition)

That is exactly what I do! This has become my standard routine.
JasLuv
JasLuv

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 14th April 2010, 11:59 am

So you don't feel like you're washing away the effects of the DC? I'm just trying to understand the process and maybe pick up some tips for my nonexistent regimen.

LaToya28

Back to top Go down

Post by JasLuv 14th April 2010, 1:06 pm

LaToya28 wrote:So you don't feel like you're washing away the effects of the DC? I'm just trying to understand the process and maybe pick up some tips for my nonexistent regimen.

At first when I heard about this technique I felt the same way. But once I tried it, my hair felt soft and silky, even after I shampooed. Also, when I shampoo I ALWAYS use a sulfate-free shampoo, so this may make a difference. But my hair is so soft and easier to manage. Before trying this, I would DREAD doing my hair, once I tried this I am Dc'ing and co-washing all the time!

Just try it...what do you have to lose! Smile
JasLuv
JasLuv

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 14th April 2010, 3:14 pm

Thanks for explaining that JasLuv. I'll give it a try.

LaToya28

Back to top Go down

Post by JasLuv 14th April 2010, 10:11 pm

LaToya28 wrote:Thanks for explaining that JasLuv. I'll give it a try.

You are so welcome. Please keep me informed on your results! BTw, when I do it, I make sure I am using a conditioner that is made for deep conditioning, something that is really thick. For example, Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose, Aubrey Organics Jojoba and Aloe, or Jessicurl Weekly Deep Treatment.
JasLuv
JasLuv

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next