CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Darcy's Botanicals

+7
Tmochava
traveljunkie08
mechuono
CurlyMo
bella gee
CurlySpeechTherapist
ChrsLvsBks
11 posters

Go down

Darcy's Botanicals Empty Darcy's Botanicals

Post by ChrsLvsBks 20th November 2009, 5:44 pm

I have two of her products, the transitioning creme and Madagascar vanilla styling creme. I have used the transitioning creme to moisturize my hair, and it worked well. Last night, I tried the styling creme after reading more reviews. From her etsy.com page, here is a description of the styling creme.

Healthy Hair Conditioning Butter

...EXCELLENT for type 3-4 natural hair types:)

Our Madagascar Vanilla Styling Creme is a highly moisturizing hair butter that will give your natural curls the extra conditioning and moisture they need. It has a butter-like, thick & creamy consistency with a vanilla aroma that is just heavenly. You only need to use a small amount since a little goes a long way.

Apply just a nickel size amount to wet or dry hair to give your afro, twists, braids, locs, waves, and coils the extra moisture and healthy conditioning it needs.

Since this is a hair butter, please use sparingly so it will not make hair too heavy or too greasy:)

----------------------------------------------------------
We use organic palm oil to help soften & add sheen to your natural curls.

Aloe vera to help strengthen & prevent hair fall out. Aloe vera contains enzymes that help to stimulate the scalp to promote healthy hair growth.

Our natural hair butter also contains natural humectants that help to lock in moisture along with other nourishing oils that condition,soften & make hair more manageable.

8 oz. jar

Ingredients: organic palm oil, organic aloe vera, organic madagascar vanilla, vegetable emulsifying wax, candelilla wax, organic castor oil, organic jojoba oil, rice bran oil and potassium sorbate

This product did everything it states. My hair is moisturized, not greasy, and soft. Although it does not state it has hold, my hair has a light hold. I applied the styling creme to my deep conditioned hair over Carol's Daughter's hair milk. I used about a dime size on 10 sections of my hair and twisted. I sealed with KBB's jojoba oil.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Darcy's Botanicals Empty Re: Darcy's Botanicals

Post by CurlySpeechTherapist 20th November 2009, 5:49 pm

My BF loves what she got!! I need to check with her and report back....
CurlySpeechTherapist
CurlySpeechTherapist

Back to top Go down

Darcy's Botanicals Empty Deep Conditioning Mask

Post by ChrsLvsBks 13th December 2009, 4:46 pm

Deep Conditioning Mask[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
(Information below from website)

HOW DOES THIS WORK?
Use as a weekly or monthly deep conditioning treatment to help protect and nourish your natural curls.

WHAT'S IN IT?
Distilled Water, Lavender Water, Vegetable Glycerin, BTMS ( a mild emulsifying conditioner), Manketti Oil, Organic Virgin Coconut Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, Marula Oil, Cocoa Butter, & Shea Butter, Panthenol, Yarrow, Sage, Nettle & Lavender Extracts, Bentonite Clay, Organic Kelp, Hydrolyzed Oats, Guar Gum, Ylang Ylang, Sweet Orange, Vanilla, & Patchouli Essential Oils and a paraben-free preservative.

HOW DO I USE IT?
Saturate throughout clean wet hair for healthy conditioning and moisture. Let it sit on hair for 20-30 minutes and rinse thoroughly.

Use to deep condition, nourish and protect your natural coils, waves and locs.

8 oz. PET Jar

*Over 99% Natural
*100% Vegan

************************************************************************************************

I can say I never had HIH disease before using this product. My hair is oh so soft and silky to the touch. It is amazing. I wish there was feel-a-vision over the 'net so I could charge folks to feel my hair (would ask to see hand washing/sanitizing of course) [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.].

This is what I did yesterday. I pre-pooed my hair (two week old twists) overnight with EVOO. I cleansed my scalp with Suave's coconut conditioner and rinsed with warm water. I did an ACV rinse (3T of ACV to 2C of water) to smooth frizzies. I applied about a nickel size of the mask to 6 - 7 sections of hair. I applied a plastic bag then hot flannel pillowcase another plastic bag and towel for an hour. Rinsed hair in cold water and squeezed out conditioner. My hair was so moisturized many of my bands slipped off my twists. I then sealed hair with castor oil from length to tip.

Today, I cannot stopping touching my hair. Thank goodness it is dry.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by bella gee 13th December 2009, 5:43 pm

mmmmm the butter and the deep conditioner sound yummy....there is a long thread on NaturallyCurly about Darcy's....ill add it to my growing wish list
bella gee
bella gee

http://public.fotki.com/BellaGee/

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyMo 13th December 2009, 6:02 pm

I used the Transitioning Cream yesterday before putting my rollers in for my set and it was HEAVY!!! It was nice though it made my hair feel really soft and smells great i just need to remember not to use so much the next time...
CurlyMo
CurlyMo

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyMo 13th December 2009, 6:08 pm

@ChresLvsBks~
You are serious girl!! I love your post's sooo informative..Thanks for taking the time
CurlyMo
CurlyMo

Back to top Go down

Post by mechuono 13th December 2009, 7:52 pm

yes, i love darcys botanicals and cant wait to try more of her products. right now, i'm using the coconut and hibiscus conditoning oil. alone, this oil works excellently in leaving your hair moisturized without being heavy or greasy. my hair stays shiny. for more of an umph, i actually combine this oil with oyin's honey hemp conditioner. my other staple product from darcy's is her coconut and aloe moisture pudding. i use this for my locks and the hold is excellent and it leaves no flakes. i encourage everyone to try any product from this line, you'll definitely fall in love.

mechuono

Back to top Go down

Post by traveljunkie08 13th December 2009, 8:24 pm

I ordered some of her products and tried them yesterday. I tried the pumpkin conditioner, transitioning creme, coconut and aloe moisture pudding, and madagascar vanilla styling creme on my ends. I'd read that her products could leave hair greasy, so I used very little of them...way less than the nickle sized amount recommended. My hair was still greasy. I had to wash with shampoo today to eliminate the greasy feeling. I'll continue to use the conditioner. I'll probably try the pudding again. I'll use the transitioning creme and styling creme as body moisturizers.

Oh well. I really wanted to like the products. Maybe I'll still give the DC a try one of these days.
traveljunkie08
traveljunkie08

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyMo 13th December 2009, 9:19 pm

@Traveljunkie08~
Im with you on that im still trying to work it out to get just the right amount without the grease maybe its my hair idk...
CurlyMo
CurlyMo

Back to top Go down

Post by Tmochava 13th December 2009, 9:27 pm

I use the Daily Leave In Conditioner on my daughter's hair and I probably won't buy it again, but I absolutely love her body oils. The Juicy Peach Kernel Nectar body oil smells soooo good and prompted my to buy the Cocoa Bean Natural Hair and Body Oil. I wanted to try the Watermelon body oil but she's not selling it anymore or at least I no longer see it on her site. I also bought the Madagascar Vanilla Styling Creme, but haven't tried it yet. So far I'll continue to purchase from her, if not anything else definitely the body oils.
Tmochava
Tmochava

Back to top Go down

Post by traveljunkie08 13th December 2009, 11:51 pm

@Chrslvsbks: Did you use a dime sized amount on your whole head or on each section?

@Curlymo: I think I'm going to give it a try on dry hair instead of damp. Maybe I'll smooth a little bit on my twists before I take them out tomorrow. I'll try that and see what happens.
traveljunkie08
traveljunkie08

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 21st December 2009, 3:34 pm

traveljunkie08 wrote:@Chrslvsbks: Did you use a dime sized amount on your whole head or on each section?

I am sorry for the late response. I applied a dime size to each twist.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 21st December 2009, 3:36 pm

I tried the hair milk Saturday. I will have to use it a couple of more times to give a review. I do love the smell--peach. It smells good enough to eat. I LOVE peach cobbler.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by Divinebeauty87 21st December 2009, 4:03 pm

I think this will be the next product line I try
Divinebeauty87
Divinebeauty87

Back to top Go down

Post by traveljunkie08 21st December 2009, 9:34 pm

ChrsLvsBks wrote:
traveljunkie08 wrote:@Chrslvsbks: Did you use a dime sized amount on your whole head or on each section?

I am sorry for the late response. I applied a dime size to each twist.

No problem! I actually gave up on trying to figure out how to use it since I have other stuff that does work. Still thinking about trying the DC though...
traveljunkie08
traveljunkie08

Back to top Go down

Darcy's Botanicals Empty Darcy's Botanicals Peach Kernel Hydrating Milk (Can be purchased with or without glycerin)

Post by ChrsLvsBks 30th December 2009, 2:29 pm

Peach Kernel Hydrating Milk (Glycerin free, may be ordered with glycerin)

From the website:

HOW DOES THIS WORK?
An excellent moisturizer and leave-in conditioner for parched curls. Use daily or weekly to hydrate your natural hair styles.

WHAT'S IN IT?
Dstilled Water, Organic Aloe Juice, Peach Kernel Oil, Organic Coconut Oil, Organic Jojoba, Emulsifying Wax, Vegetable Glycerin, Yarrow, Sage, Horsetail, Nettle, & Lavender Extracts, MSM, a paraben-free preservative and fragrance

HOW DO I USE IT?
Apply just a small amount throughout wet or dry hair for healthy conditioning and moisture.
*Use to gently soften and detangle new growth while transitioning to natural hair .
*Use it as a daily or weekly leave-in to naturally condition dry curls & waves.
*Use to add much needed moisture to parched curls.
*Can use to do comb coils.
*Can also double as a body lotion!

8 oz. PET bottle

*Over 98% Natural
==========================================================================
I like the product. It smells peachy. The scent is light. I have used it at least three times in the last couple of weeks. I apply about a quarter size dollop to my hair (two sections) by smoothing it in from root to tip then section hair a bit with fingers and smooth it into smaller sections. I apply a little more to my ends and hair above my ears (moisture lovin' area). My hair feels supple and moist after apply it.

I have not had any problems with it reacting badly with other non-DB products.

It is not a keeper but if I see it on a swap board for $10 or less (retails for $12) I will purchase it.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalkitty'10 26th February 2010, 3:03 am

wow, these reviews are so helpful. I'm really interested in trying these products. Can anyone tell me how it works compared to kbb?
naturalkitty'10
naturalkitty'10

http://naturalkitty.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 27th February 2010, 1:04 am

I love both!
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalkitty'10 27th February 2010, 1:21 am

great, more excuses for me to buy more products! Laughing
naturalkitty'10
naturalkitty'10

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs.ATLien 27th February 2010, 5:38 pm

This thread is soooo tempting. I was looking at this line just the other day. I am trying to find a product for my braidouts that will moisturize but more importantly give me hold. . .I was looking at the Madagascar Vanilla Styling Creme. . .but I wasn't sure if this was a good pick. . .Now I am very tempted to buy this. . .
Mrs.ATLien
Mrs.ATLien

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalkitty'10 27th February 2010, 10:55 pm

that one does look good, thats the 1 i was thinking about ordering too if i don't order the kbb hair butter first. hmm...... Rolling Eyes
naturalkitty'10
naturalkitty'10

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifullyFree 19th August 2010, 1:18 pm

Cool looks like i might've found another line to replace kbb..Now i LUV Kbb of course but since her recent price hike an smaller package shenanigans i have to find something more reasonable...this stuff sounds comparable to Qhemet Biologics maybe which is a line i also LUV, so i think i'll give a few of Darcy's Botanacals products a try...i luv readin yall reviews they're so helpful!
BeautifullyFree
BeautifullyFree

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 19th August 2010, 2:01 pm

I've come close to finding a DC that matches DB's but it is still my first love. I cannot wait to try her other products. It will be many months before I run out of what I have yet to try and use up.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum