CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Erykah Badu's "Window Seat" video

+5
jlowman1
popsbaby
tiashaunteé
Nikcoils
natural83
9 posters

Go down

Erykah Badu's "Window Seat" video Empty Erykah Badu's "Window Seat" video

Post by natural83 30th March 2010, 12:15 am

So if you haven't heard by now, Im sure you will be hearing soon because there's been a lot of buzz about Erykah Badu's new video for "Window Seat". I watched it today for the first time and found it to be quite interesting....the whole scene took place in downtown Dallas, and is a guerilla-style video shoot. Badu takes the Dallas streets and literally strips from all of her clothes! Yeah, I know....LOL, a tripp! Apparently the video is supossed to be about liberating yourself, which I guess explains the whole idea and video! If you haven't seen it, take a look and share your thoughts!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hVp47f5YZg

Last edited by natural83 on 5th April 2010, 6:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
natural83
natural83

Back to top Go down

Erykah Badu's "Window Seat" video Empty Re: Erykah Badu's "Window Seat" video

Post by Nikcoils 5th April 2010, 4:43 pm

Just watched it. I loved that video and especially the poem at the end. Ms Badu has always been an artist that does things out of the box. I definately understand the artist point she was trying to prove in the video...even with the fine she got from the Dallas PD.
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 5th April 2010, 4:45 pm

Oh yeah the link you posted is no longer valid it is here now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hVp47f5YZg
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Erykah Badu's "Window Seat" video Empty And here's the spoof by Wanda Sykes

Post by tiashaunteé 5th April 2010, 4:46 pm

tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 5th April 2010, 5:00 pm

Wanda sykes is crazy...lol
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by popsbaby 5th April 2010, 5:04 pm

Gotta love Wanda!! Erykah was trying to be all artistic and creative with her response at first but all she could come up with was, "That was funny as hell!" Exactly what I was thinking, that was funny as hell.
popsbaby
popsbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by natural83 5th April 2010, 5:59 pm

OMG...that Wanda Sykes spoof was funny as hell! LOL! I bought the Erykah Badu cd over the weekend, and I love it! She has some really nice beats on this cd! I bought New Amerykah part 1 when it first released, so I knew I was going to get part 2...and I must say, I like it better than the first one! It has more up tempo beats....really nice & smooth tunes!

As far as the video, I thought it was very interesting! But like someone stated above, Erykah is always thinking outside of the box....that's just the type of artist she is, and you gotta love her for that! After reading up on why she did it, I totally understood her point of view! She had to be super brave to do that because lord knows I couldn't have pulled a stunt like that! LOL! Big ups to her for being BRAVE!!!!!
natural83
natural83

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 5th April 2010, 6:26 pm

Loved Erykah's video... I thought it had a wonderful meaning behind it. I showed it to my Mom and she didnt agree with me, she said she should not have done it around children. I dont have kids so I guess I just didnt look at it that way but I told her kids these days have seen faaaaar worse than a naked body. Either way I still think it was an interesting video and Erykah's always pushed the envelope so I would expect nothing less from her...

Wanda Sykes is hilarious! Loved her spoof as well!
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 5th April 2010, 6:31 pm

The thing people done seem to understand is that kids nowadays get into way worse on their own - parents just don't know about it all. Kids are great at hiding things. I am still revealing stuff to my mom that she didn't know about when I was younger. It's funny now because I can't get a whopping - she can't catch me, LOL

If I had to choose I would rather my child watch "Window Seat" over "Video Phone" any day.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 7th April 2010, 5:38 pm

tiashauntee wrote:

If I had to choose I would rather my child watch "Window Seat" over "Video Phone" any day.

I agree I have a 4yr old I would prefer Window Seat over most of the videos shown on BET or You Tube or on television.
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by ktoliver5303 17th April 2010, 2:07 pm

Wanda is a born fool!! I love her show and that spoof. I refuse to watch Video phone because the whole album she has only has her and two other girls dancing. It was ok with single ladies but now it is gettin old. But all I can say is FINALLY!! ERYKAH IS BACK!

Her whole CD is WONDERFUL!! I have not gotten that from her since MaMa's Gun (I went through it with that album, she had something for every situation.. Green Eye is long but one of my all time joints from her). It is constant play on the Ipod.
ktoliver5303
ktoliver5303

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 19th April 2010, 10:00 am

ktoliver5303 wrote:Wanda is a born fool!! I love her show and that spoof. I refuse to watch Video phone because the whole album she has only has her and two other girls dancing. It was ok with single ladies but now it is gettin old. But all I can say is FINALLY!! ERYKAH IS BACK!

Her whole CD is WONDERFUL!! I have not gotten that from her since MaMa's Gun (I went through it with that album, she had something for every situation.. Green Eye is long but one of my all time joints from her). It is constant play on the Ipod.

I think Mama's Gun should be added to that list of classic albums and must have albums. That entire album was just hot - I still have it on rotation.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by ktoliver5303 19th April 2010, 1:05 pm

tiashauntee wrote:
ktoliver5303 wrote:Wanda is a born fool!! I love her show and that spoof. I refuse to watch Video phone because the whole album she has only has her and two other girls dancing. It was ok with single ladies but now it is gettin old. But all I can say is FINALLY!! ERYKAH IS BACK!

I think Mama's Gun should be added to that list of classic albums and must have albums. That entire album was just hot - I still have it on rotation.

I mean that came out right on time to for me. I just found out my boyfriend at the time was cheating on me wit a girl I TOLD him he was sus for... My voice mail played Green eyes in the back ground!! lmao! man o man... He just tried to add me to FB and got IGNORED!
ktoliver5303
ktoliver5303

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly_Aquarius 19th April 2010, 1:10 pm

I loooooove Green Eyes, The way the song is broken down 3 parts she is truly an artist, I also Love didn't cha know, But girl I jam Green Eyes allll the time, has poetry and jazz both of my favorite things plus it is TRUTH!
Curly_Aquarius
Curly_Aquarius

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly_Aquarius 19th April 2010, 1:13 pm

ktoliver5303 wrote:
tiashauntee wrote:

I mean that came out right on time to for me. I just found out my boyfriend at the time was cheating on me wit a girl I TOLD him he was sus for... My voice mail played Green eyes in the back ground!! lmao! man o man... He just tried to add me to FB and got IGNORED!
Haha for the LOSER *** Doing my L on the forehead virtually*** But yeah so glad Erykah is bringin it! Been a fan since 1994 ***Runnin and hiding from me telling my age***

Last edited by Curly_Aquarius on 21st April 2010, 1:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Curly_Aquarius
Curly_Aquarius

Back to top Go down

Post by BajanPrincess82 20th April 2010, 9:12 pm

I love Wanda! She is a fool for real. Her hair is fiyah too!
BajanPrincess82
BajanPrincess82

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 22nd April 2010, 4:56 pm

OMG!! LOVE MAMA's GUN Green Eyes is my favorite song I used to play it on Repeat...I am mad I can't find my cd.
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherry: extraordinary! 26th April 2010, 2:07 am

I get the point and think its a great video but it just gets awkward being around people when a lady is stripping [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] and I couldnt stop laughing at the guy picking up her clothes lol [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] aparently the people were real bystanders so they didnt know what was going on
Cherry: extraordinary!
Cherry: extraordinary!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down