CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Erykah Badu on Tour

4 posters

Go down

Erykah Badu on Tour Empty Erykah Badu on Tour

Post by Neems 8th June 2010, 10:29 am

OMG, I saw Erykah Badu and Janelle Monae in concert last night at the Roseland Ballroom in NYC. If any of you have the opportunity to see them perform, DO IT. The show was a good 3 hours long. Erykah was just amazing. Granted I know some people were upset that her intro that took forever but I loved it anyway. The arrangement of songs, her backup singers, the band, eveything was just fantastic. So I think I got my money's worth. And it felt so intimate. She did mostly need songs, but at the same time she worked in some classics. I didn't know she had the vocal range that she does.

And Janelle was just as good. Her set wasn't that long but her performance of "Smile" and "Tightrope" were energetic to say the least. Well I should get back to doing work...
Neems
Neems

http://neemsnthings.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Erykah Badu on Tour Empty Re: Erykah Badu on Tour

Post by tiashaunteé 8th June 2010, 10:47 am

Those "upset" people must not pay attention to Erykah....Her intro and outro's always take forever. I would expect nothing less from her.

I'm glad you enjoyed the show!! Sounds like it was fun.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Neems 8th June 2010, 10:53 am

Tiashauntee, you couldn't have said it better. The show was lots of fun!!
Neems
Neems

Back to top Go down

Post by goombagirl 8th June 2010, 5:21 pm

Don't sleep on Janelle Monae. She is the bomb diggety.
goombagirl
goombagirl

Back to top Go down

Post by natural83 8th June 2010, 6:14 pm

She will be in Houston this coming up Sunday, and Im really trying to go see her because I loooooove her new album, and I've never seen her live! Im trying to see if my budget will allow me to go (LOL), because Im going to be super hurt if I miss out....especially since you've said that its a bomb show! And I surely wouldn't mind seeing Janelle Monae either!
natural83
natural83

Back to top Go down

Post by natural83 16th June 2010, 2:49 am

Okay, I'm back and guess what? I went to the concert...Yayyy! The tour came to Houston this past Sunday, June 13th at the Verizon Wireless Theater! OMG @Neems, you were so right, that show was the bomb! I enjoyed myself from beginning to end! The show started at 8p.m. and I didn't make it back to my car til 12a.m. (LOL) So trust me, I got my money's worth! First, Janelle Monae...such a doll! That girl is amazing and has true talent! I enjoyed the few songs she did! Her "Tightrope" performance was awesome! I went and got her album today and I can't wait to listen to it! I was totally sold on her performance and now i'm an official fan! She's so unique and I love that about her!

Erykah Badu totally rocked her show from beginning to end! I was so excited because I had floor seats near the stage so I could see really good! Badu kept it real..... in her sweat pants, baby tee, patten leather booty heels, a nappy weave (LOL), and a top hat (which she eventually took off along with a black trench coat). She did some ol school songs along with the new stuff. Her new cd stays in rotation on a daily, so I couldn't wait to hear her perform my favorites! She even did like a lil rap/be-bop session... it was off the chain! I was on krunk level the whole time! LOL! Im sooooo happy I went ahead and decided to go! It was so worth it!

If the tour is coming to a town near you, and you're a Badu/Janelle Monae fan...get your tickets asap! You will not be disappointed!
natural83
natural83

Back to top Go down

Post by Neems 16th June 2010, 1:19 pm

I'm so glad you had a great time!! I wrote about the show in by blog since I was so impressed. Check it out neemsnthings.blogspot.com.
On a sidenote Erykah was wearing a long strawberry blonde weave at the show I went to, but she was rocking the sweats and baby tee. Soo cute!!
Neems
Neems

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down