CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prenatal Vitamins....

+6
BrownSkinDiva
Tempertink
LaToya28
DreamMerchant
luvinlife225
missartistic
10 posters

Go down

Prenatal Vitamins.... Empty Prenatal Vitamins....

Post by missartistic 28th March 2010, 2:02 am

HI!!! I heard that prenatal vitamins make hair grow like crazy! I was wondering if it was true, or if anyone had any hair growth tips or advice (by the way I'm a newbie to the site)! Any tips would be greatly appreciated!
missartistic
missartistic

Back to top Go down

Prenatal Vitamins.... Empty Re: Prenatal Vitamins....

Post by luvinlife225 3rd April 2010, 3:38 pm

It's actually pregnancy that makes your hair grow like crazy, but a good multi can support hair growth... Something with biotin should be right up your ally.

Happy Growing Very Happy
luvinlife225
luvinlife225

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamMerchant 11th April 2010, 11:36 pm

I did not take take prenatals when I was pregnant and my hair still grew like crazy. I cannot take pills that big and the chewable prenatals were 75 dollars a bottle (prescription) and made me gag and feel like garbage. My doc said that Flintstone Vits would be just fine.
DreamMerchant
DreamMerchant

http://public.fotki.com/DreamMerchant/

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 14th April 2010, 10:55 am

Yeah I agree with the other ladies, it's not the prenatals it's pregnancy that does it. I was advised not to take them unless pregnant because they supply way more nutrients than the average woman needs.

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by Tempertink 16th April 2010, 4:52 pm

Sorry I guess Im on the otherside. I started talking prenatal pills in feb and my hair has grown alot considering I had a shaved head. Everything doesn't work for everybody. Just know that hair production is everywhere , not just your head when you take hormones to for hair growth LOL
Tempertink
Tempertink

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 16th April 2010, 9:04 pm

Tempertink wrote:Sorry I guess Im on the otherside. I started talking prenatal pills in feb and my hair has grown alot considering I had a shaved head. Everything doesn't work for everybody. Just know that hair production is everywhere , not just your head when you take hormones to for hair growth LOL

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Your hair is too cute Tempertink! So you had a shaved head in February and now your hair is the length of your picture???

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by BrownSkinDiva 19th April 2010, 12:26 pm

i hear prenatal vitamins do help with hair growth....
BrownSkinDiva
BrownSkinDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Tempertink 20th April 2010, 12:04 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Your hair is too cute Tempertink! So you had a shaved head in February and now your hair is the length of your picture???[/quote] THANKS!!!!!!

I had a shave short cut in November and from Nov - Jan , it just wouldn't seem to grow. I start taking the vitamins and its grown to what you see in the photo which was beginning of April. So I take those vitamins, I drink water, and take care of my hair. So when I blow dry it straight its right below my ears.
Tempertink
Tempertink

Back to top Go down

Prenatal Vitamins.... Empty Prenatal Vitiamins

Post by sweetty_me99 27th April 2010, 1:23 pm

It's pregnancy that makes your hair really grow I couldn't swallow those huge pills and my doctor told me I could take two Flintstones instead too.

sweetty_me99

Back to top Go down

Post by Tempertink 28th April 2010, 9:50 am

Since all these people want to tell you otherwise. Just go buy some Biotin from GNC or your local drugstore. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Tempertink
Tempertink

Back to top Go down

Post by Mzbush 28th April 2010, 12:06 pm

I just had a baby and my hair grew like crazy during my preganancy. I did take prenatal vitamins and I've heard that the extra folic acid helps but also, your hair doesn't shed as much during pregnancy so it's going to grow longer and thicker either way. I don't think it would hurt to try taking them but taking biotin and/or folic acid might work just as well.
Mzbush
Mzbush

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 13th May 2010, 9:47 pm

My hair grew like crazy during pregnancy. But I couldn't do the prenatal pills due to gaging on them. So I would say it was more the increased hormones while pregnant.
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by Born2BeMe 14th May 2010, 4:00 am

I would say...consult your physician before you start taking any vitamins. Most OTC vitamins that claim to do this or that have no FDA support. Although, there is some evidence that certain minerals/vitamins do certain things, they don't always work the same with everyone. People have a tendency to over-supplement and that is often more detrimental than not taking vitamins at all. The best source for nutrients is food...Nothing beats the real thing. So your best bet is always to talk to your doctor. Sorry, Nurse here lol
Born2BeMe
Born2BeMe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down