CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hey! I really NEED a Natural Big Sis =)

4 posters

Go down

Hey!  I really NEED a Natural Big Sis =) Empty Hey! I really NEED a Natural Big Sis =)

Post by hopefulcurls 25th March 2010, 2:56 pm

Hi! I have been transitioning for almost 7 months now (Mar. 27th makes 7 mos!) and I feel like I have ran into a brick wall. I was fine transitioning as long as I was using my Chi iron, but when I discovered CN--of course the "heat thing" was a wrap! The only problem is now, I feel like I can't do anything with my hair! The two different textures are killing me. I know the BC may be a simple cure, but I am not ready yet. I keep saying I may as well just give in & relax it, but that's definitely not what I want! Can someone please help me out. I need a little guidance through this journey of mine. Thanks a bunch in advance!

-HC
hopefulcurls
hopefulcurls

Back to top Go down

Hey!  I really NEED a Natural Big Sis =) Empty Re: Hey! I really NEED a Natural Big Sis =)

Post by avyishi 1st April 2010, 10:56 am

Hello, don't get discouraged.

have you tried twist outs, braid outs? those styles can look very lovely while you are transitioning from what i have seen.

You can also braid your hair and every time you re-braid you can clip a little off the ends of your hair. there's also the braid extensions if you don't mind those it can hide you hair for a month and all you have to do is wash and moisturize.
avyishi
avyishi

http://public.fotki.com/beautywithcurls/

Back to top Go down

Hey!  I really NEED a Natural Big Sis =) Empty Re: Hey! I really NEED a Natural Big Sis =)

Post by ladykay6 9th April 2010, 1:37 am

-Hello HC,

I am in the same situation as you. I have been post-relaxer since June of '09. I felt pretty good until recently, the two textures have begun to make me feel a little low at this point. I have had a few thoughts of getting a relaxer, but the natural hair coming in is too exciting to get rid of.

I have resorted to washing and bunning.. I wash it and detangle..and put it up. I can't seem to do anything else with it and be happy. *hmph*

-KZ
ladykay6
ladykay6

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinkpearls 9th April 2010, 8:57 pm

Hello Ladies! I am also in the same situation. I am dealing with three different textures and I have to treat them all differently. Yesterday, I used this new product and it didn't turn out so well. Then I tried to make it look better by using a different product. Well, the result was a poofy, sticky mess. So, I decided to co-wash, make a ponytail and roller set the ends. When my ponytail was 70% dry, I made four large braids and put satin rollers on the ends. This morning, the result was good and I felt much better.
Pinkpearls
Pinkpearls

Back to top Go down

Post by ladykay6 9th April 2010, 9:14 pm

I am often faced with the issue of my hair being dry.. I'm still in search of a great moisturizer.. My hair tends to be very dry and at times brittle in the back of my hair. Ugh.. oh so discouraging ... can't be cute with a nappy patch in the back lol .

-KZ
ladykay6
ladykay6

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinkpearls 9th April 2010, 10:09 pm

ladykay6 wrote:I am often faced with the issue of my hair being dry.. I'm still in search of a great moisturizer.. My hair tends to be very dry and at times brittle in the back of my hair. Ugh.. oh so discouraging ... can't be cute with a nappy patch in the back lol .

-KZ

Pureology Hydrate Conditioner works for me. I usually apply the Pureology and detangle under the shower stream. Pureology allows me to detangle with my wide tooth comb and then my denman in a few minutes. It works for me, but I'm sure you can find less expensive conditioners that will work. I've also used Giovanni Smooth as Silk Conditioner and it's good also (much less expensive), but Pureology works better for me.
Pinkpearls
Pinkpearls

Back to top Go down

Post by ladykay6 10th April 2010, 12:55 am

Thanks PinkPearls, I will most definitely keep an eye out for those products !
ladykay6
ladykay6

Back to top Go down

Post by hopefulcurls 10th April 2010, 6:23 pm

Yeah, the two textures were driving me sooooooo crazy! Fortunately, over the Easter holiday...I BC'ed--after 7 months of transitioning! I am so ecstatic about my TWA! I so love being natural! Near the end of my transition I did rock the flat twists and a few twist out bantu knots, but I was so ready to get rid of my relaxed ends! I am now getting to know my natural texture and I am loving every moment of it (it's been 1 week and 1 day)! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Lovingly Natural,
-HC
hopefulcurls
hopefulcurls

Back to top Go down

Post by ladykay6 10th April 2010, 6:31 pm

Congrats on your BC !!! You should post pics ! I haven't gotten to the point of a BC yet, but I will eventually !
ladykay6
ladykay6

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down