CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MellowOne "Coil pics"

+44
nattyblog
Fabulousat50
Mom2KurlyT
CocoEuro
Naturally Zee
priceless
mslys09
QuietButterfly
TheRYL1
krazy coils
LadyMika
TMS
CurlsGalore
poeticlyspkng
tiashaunteƩ
SisterBoyd
missmoriah
curly+kinky+fierce
Cherry: extraordinary!
EllaMomi2002
Mz. Thang
Nikcoils
DvaAuNaturel
neethair
jcanalena79
sunbaby
Vee
LaToya28
KinkyNappyHappy
FemmeFox
CrissyQ
BlondeByDesire
NubieNatty
truet
mstokes2008
sweetdrk1
BlakButterfli
SheeTacular
MahoganyCurls
Intelligentbeauty
bholmes87
Juices-n-Berries
Lynnieluve
MellowOne
48 posters

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

MellowOne "Coil pics" - Page 19 Empty Re: MellowOne "Coil pics"

Post by CrissyQ 15th August 2010, 1:25 pm

I have some hawaiian silky 14 in 1? I think thas what its called. i forgot i had it, lol. Glad you had great results, post pics soon.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 15th August 2010, 1:30 pm

just requested your friendship
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 15th August 2010, 1:36 pm

MellowOne wrote:

When I was getting relaxers my hair always grew longer on the right side. I have noticed that it is still growing longer on that side. I sleep on my left side so I have been trying to see if this will help. So far I keep waking up on my left side lol.

That may just be the texture over there, I know it used to seem like it was growing faster on the left for me, but thicker on the right. Since I've BC'd I've discovered that my left side just has a MUCH looser curl than the right side (which is coil crazy ~lol~), so while they were growing at the same rate the left seemed to be growing longer than the right. Your hair is progressing nicely!
Muz
Muz

http://muzikalhairjournal.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 18th August 2010, 8:32 am

hey mel...stoppin to see how u doin! i cant wait to see pics.
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by MellowOne 19th August 2010, 7:58 am

CrissyQ wrote:I have some hawaiian silky 14 in 1? I think thas what its called. i forgot i had it, lol. Glad you had great results, post pics soon.

I take it you didn't like the 14 in 1, lol. I aloe vera gel when my hair was shorter and didn't care to much for it and now that its a little longer it's one of my staple gels. Maybe I didn't know how to use them then lol

Muz wrote:
MellowOne wrote:

When I was getting relaxers my hair always grew longer on the right side. I have noticed that it is still growing longer on that side. I sleep on my left side so I have been trying to see if this will help. So far I keep waking up on my left side lol.

That may just be the texture over there, I know it used to seem like it was growing faster on the left for me, but thicker on the right. Since I've BC'd I've discovered that my left side just has a MUCH looser curl than the right side (which is coil crazy ~lol~), so while they were growing at the same rate the left seemed to be growing longer than the right. Your hair is progressing nicely!

They are definitely two different textures lol. I measured my hair last night and they are pretty much the same length so your prob right. Its amazing how we can have so many different textures on one head.

NubieNatty wrote:hey mel...stoppin to see how u doin! i cant wait to see pics.

Thanks for stoppin by Nubie Very Happy
MellowOne
MellowOne

Back to top Go down

Post by MellowOne 19th August 2010, 8:22 am

I did flat coils on the front of my hair and coils in the back. The last time I did coils I didn't use anything but conditioner and oil to seal so this time I used eco styler to see if there is a difference. Here are the pics.

Next time I won't go so far back with the twist. I tried to a zig zag pattern but it didn't come out as clear but thats what practice is for.
MellowOne "Coil pics" - Page 19 08160010

I started on the left this time and it went so much easier. I was parting down and coiling from the bottom to the top on the left and for some reason by the time I got to the right I parted sideways and coiled from right to left. I like parting sideways better because you can't see the parts as well and I didn't do a very neat job with my parting lol
MellowOne "Coil pics" - Page 19 08160011

Overall I was happy with my results. I wore this style for three days and did a coil out today. My coil out results I'm not feeling so much because it is a little on the hard side. So as far as wearing coils eco styler is a must for me because they last longer than not using anything (I didn't have any frizz after three days). As far as coil outs if that's all I want to do I won't use any gels or maybe I will try the hawaiian silky and see how that works.

Oh and I measured my hair in the back it is 3 inches and I didn't even bother with the front but I would say 1 inch and not much more that that ( Evil or Very Mad @ the lady that braided my hair)...smh but it will grow.

Everybody have a lovely day!
MellowOne
MellowOne

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 19th August 2010, 8:56 am

Cute style I like this! Did you put a creamy leave-in under the eco-styler? Maybe that can help with the hard feeling.
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by MellowOne 19th August 2010, 9:01 am

Thanks KC, I used a little bit of Infusium. I used cantu shea leave in before with the eco and got a white mess result. I will have to find another creamy leave in and try it because I really like the results just not the crunchy. Have any suggestions?
MellowOne
MellowOne

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 19th August 2010, 9:17 am

Love the coils! I am gonna do some next week.

Have you tried the ecocustard (ecostyler gel, evoo, avocado oil and castor oil)? You mix oils in the eco styler. It give hold without the crunchies.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 19th August 2010, 9:34 am

love the coils and i like how u aint gotta be perfect wit the parts too! in doin the coil out i put oil on my fingers to coil out each piece and lynnie's suggestion is a good one too!

have u tried giovanni's direct leave-in?
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by MellowOne 19th August 2010, 9:46 am

Thanks Lynnie! I tried something close to that with my daughter and loved the results. I have to get stocked back up on products...I don't have anything. I'm even running low on eco styler. School starts Monday and my daughter in going to the big K so I have been busy with that. Getting school supplies and all of this is brand new to me. I'm used to preschool where you just send the kids lol. Between supplies, work, shoes and clothes, meet the teacher, registration, a transfer and a whole other list of things I have to do one day I hope to get to the store for myself lol.

@ Nubie Thank you! I haven't tried the Giovanni leave in which I don't understand being that I use the shampoo. I have a list of things I want to try hopefully when I go hair shopping I wont get too crazy bounce

Thanks for the advice ladies Very Happy
MellowOne
MellowOne

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 19th August 2010, 1:30 pm

I was also thinking of the eco-custard since the oils could help soften the gel.
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 19th August 2010, 1:48 pm

Hey Mellow One!

I like the coils...you did a wonderful job! :-)
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by Buttercup76 19th August 2010, 1:57 pm

Great looking coils.... <> HI!!!!
Buttercup76
Buttercup76

http://www.thegeminiexperience.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 19th August 2010, 4:47 pm

Hey Mel...

Girl you did a great job with your coils. Boy...everybody is getting all coiled up, and I'm just mastering the twists...ROTFL.

I was just going to ask for pictures, but I got down to your last post and I was like yay PICTURES!!! LOL

Looking good I love you

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by MellowOne 21st August 2010, 8:56 am

Thank you everybody Very Happy

@KNH lol, I do that all the time Very Happy
MellowOne
MellowOne

Back to top Go down

Post by MellowOne 21st August 2010, 9:35 am

I finally found yes to cucumber's at meijers. It was like 10 bucks which is not a bad thing but it said for color treated hair so I didn't know if that was the right one because yes to carrots didn't say that. I opted for the cheaper HEHH lol. I used it last night and my hair was really soft this morning. I will stick with this for a month and see how it goes. Well I will try to stick with it for a month anyway lol.

I also did a deep treatment with egg and coconut oil that went all the way wrong. I am guessing that because I usually use egg yolk, evoo, and honey that the evoo and honey mellow (no pun intended) out the egg yolk so I won't miss these ingredients in my next treatment. I have gone to the store I don't know how many times and keep forgetting these two items...ugh.

I am finally done with school shopping and I am off work for four days so I think I will do some flat twist if I'm lazy I will do coils. I will post pics Very Happy

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. We have rain but it has cooled off so I can't complain flower
MellowOne
MellowOne

Back to top Go down

Post by nattyblog 21st August 2010, 1:39 pm

Hello Mellow! I like your coils and how you designed the front of your hair. Looks great!
nattyblog
nattyblog

http://naturalgeek.onsugar.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 21st August 2010, 11:47 pm

yea pass on spending $10 for the YTCucumbers n wait til u find it at ross or something for $3.
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 22nd August 2010, 11:17 am

your coils look great. your hair has grown so much.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by MellowOne 23rd August 2010, 2:57 pm

nattyblog wrote:Hello Mellow! I like your coils and how you designed the front of your hair. Looks great!
Thank you!

NubieNatty wrote:yea pass on spending $10 for the YTCucumbers n wait til u find it at ross or something for $3.
I know that's right. We don't have ross but we tj maxx and they never have anything but I will keep checking. I like the hehh but it's not doing anything special for me I have use it twice to cowash.

DvaAuNaturel wrote:your coils look great. your hair has grown so much.
Thank You!
MellowOne
MellowOne

Back to top Go down

Post by MellowOne 29th August 2010, 10:34 am

Morning Ladies!

Haven't been on in min mainly because I am super frustrated with my hair right now and I have been working so every time I get on after I read something I have to do something for work. I also haven't had time to style my hair because I have been working everyday and I am at work now and won't have a off day until wed Rolling Eyes then go back thurs.

So back to my frustration...I got the Hehh last week and have been using it for co-washes not everyday but maybe every other day or so. My hair has been dry lately. I was in walmart looking for some kind of moisturizer and of course I couldn't find one because everything has mineral oil in it. I ended up buying Creme of Nature lemon grass and rosemary leave in. Ugh I put this stuff in my hair and it just felt horrible so I knew that it wasn't going to work but I have continued to use it just to make sure (today was the last day though). I have been looking for natural or close to natural products in store with no luck but I would hate to order something online and pay for shipping and then get the product and not like it. I guess I will have to give in after I do more research.

I have had thoughts of relaxing but I won't go there because I know that the benefits will pour and I will again have fun and love my hair...one day...hopefully sooner than later lol

Hope that wasn't too much. You curlies have a great day.

PS: isn't that great that Nikki is or maybe by now has had the baby Yay!
MellowOne
MellowOne

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 29th August 2010, 10:45 am

Hey Mel...

I know how you feel. Penny has been a little dry, but I contribute that to my schedule and not being about to co-wash. It took me a minute to realize this, but co-washing is my friend. It allows me to really pack the moisture into my hair and Penny is happy and so and I!!

Have you tried bagging? I'm going to do a little more research on it and see what I can find out about it. I've read that a lot of curlies get the moister their hair craves and it supposes to make your curls pop!

I wondered if the baby had or has arrived yet. Yes that is going to be a beautiful thing as Nikki embraces her bundle of joy!! I can't wait to see the pictures.

Have a great week...knh

KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by MellowOne 29th August 2010, 12:44 pm

@KNH I have done the baggy method before...it was ok. I do it every once in awhile. Looking back on my journal I have ventured off course a bit in search of products. I think I will go back to my old routine. I stopped deep conditioning like I used to and everything so I will see if that helps once I do that.

thanks for stopping by ttyl
MellowOne
MellowOne

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 29th August 2010, 12:59 pm

MellowOne wrote:@KNH I have done the baggy method before...it was ok. I do it every once in awhile. Looking back on my journal I have ventured off course a bit in search of products. I think I will go back to my old routine. I stopped deep conditioning like I used to and everything so I will see if that helps once I do that.

thanks for stopping by ttyl

I know what you mean...I think I'm going back to basics. I tried a couple of different styling products, and a new DC so out with the new and back to what I know works!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next