CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle Conditioner

+21
CarlaAR
TLog77
justicenga
Emartini04
Butterfly125
misskris
CarlsM
Pinkrage
curly+kinky+fierce
svrbrownsuga
AfrikanLatina
Libra0808
AfroButtafly
im!SETFREE
mrsrenaissance
traveljunkie08
Intelligentbeauty
tamtam7
dajewel
Lynnieluve
*CurlyNikki*
25 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle Conditioner - Page 2 Empty Re: Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle Conditioner

Post by misskris 2nd December 2010, 10:54 am

@ butterfly125, we left actually cuz we both lost our jobs and then consequently lost our house Sad but it's all good now. well we still don't have our own house yet but we'll get to it soon enough.

And I'm actually not into the beauty salon thing but I have heard there are some good places to go for natural hair. I just don't have the money for that. Maybe one day after i find a job I can treat myself to something. But I think I do ok doing my own hair!! Smile What school do you work at? My girls were in K at Thiriot.
misskris
misskris

http://www.earthdust.com

Back to top Go down

Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle Conditioner - Page 2 Empty Re: Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle Conditioner

Post by Butterfly125 2nd December 2010, 12:39 pm

Misskris, my hubby and I have been a little beat up by this economy as well, so I feel ya. He lost his job, and we lost our home, too. I'm forturnate to have kept my job, though, so we'll be okay. I work in the administrative offices for the board of school trustees.

I feel that now that I'm going natural and learning so much about my hair, I don't trust anyone else to do it. I have my girl, thought, that I've been going to for a long time for cuts, and I will continue to trust her to do that. She always does exactly what I ask, which I think is rare in a hair stylist...lol! But I would like to be able to go to a natural salon or someone who knows how to do natural hairstyles for a special occasion if I want to.
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 2nd December 2010, 12:54 pm

We were only out there for 2 yrs. We moved literally the day after the girls' last day of school. We probably could have stayed out there (my hubby loved Vegas) but I didn't want to. We had 3 kids then (4 now) and NO family. We left in 2008.

Yeah, I have a girlfriend who will cornrow my hair for the Christmas holiday. We were roomies in college and I remembered she used to cornrow her own hair and others. I was thinking about having this other girl who works in the salon at Walmart (she braids on the side at her home) to do it but then all of a sudden one night it came to me that my girl does cornrows. So I called her up and she said she won't even charge me cuz I'm like family!!! woot! So that's awesome. I am hoping that I can go to her regularly so I can keep a protective style in.
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 2nd December 2010, 1:18 pm

Yeah, that would awesome if you could go to your friend whenever you needed. I've been braiding my own hair for years, but I am getting tired of doing myself, and I just thought it would be nice if I could find someone else to do it for me. I never really liked doing it, but I did it to save money.

I went back to TJ's yesterday and bought some aloe vera gel and some vitamin E oil. I've been reading some wonderful things about avg, so I had to get some. Any ol' excuse to go to TJs...lol.
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 2nd December 2010, 1:35 pm

HAHA!!! Don't you just LOVE that place!!??? I'm actually on my way out now and that will be my 2nd stop!!!! Smile
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 2nd December 2010, 1:46 pm

Yep! Have fun...don't go too crazy!
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 3rd December 2010, 12:48 am

Ok, got my TTT today. Have no idea when I'll use it though since I have all this other stuff. I guess I'll just be swapping every few weeks!! Very Happy
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 3rd December 2010, 3:33 pm

Ahhh, yes, the "more products than you can use at any one time" dilemma...lol. It is so hard for me not to run out and get the latest product I hear people raving about. I have MJ's cream cleanser and my TTT so I decided not to buy anymore cleansers until at least one of those is used up. That's how I keep my inner PJ under control...lol.
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 3rd December 2010, 3:47 pm

HAhaha!!! @ Butterfly. AND I just bought some more Giovanni shampoo yesterday. The Tea Tree Triple Treat. I need it like I need another hole in my head!!!! LOL I bought it cuz it had a little free sample of the Nutrafix Hair Reconstructor!! I suppose I can use the Giovanni shampoo and then the TJs TTT condish. LOL I shouldn't be buying anything else for a while. Laughing
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 3rd December 2010, 4:02 pm

I know that's right, misskris! I have been really, really wanting to buy some Herbal Essence Hello Hydration. It's less than $3 at Walmart so I'm probably going to cave in this weekend. Man, you are a bad influence...HAHAHA Wink
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 3rd December 2010, 4:07 pm

LMAO!!!! That's one I wanna try too. That, HE TT and Aussie Moist. I think I have used that one before though. It was either the Moist of the, what is it? 3 minute deeeep conditioner? Or something like that. which ever it was I was using it a couple yrs ago and I was mostly rockin WnGs.

And if I'M a bad influence then everyone ine here is!!!! LMAO!!!!
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 3rd December 2010, 4:20 pm

LOL, that's true! There are lots of products, though, that I can't try right now because I'm transitioning. You know, the products that would make my natural hair curl and my permed ends straight? The ones with curling agents like curling pudding and curl milk or whatever. It does me no good to buy products like that yet. I guess I could use them if I rolled my hair or did a twist style, but my hair is too short for twists (for my taste) and I already do a rod set with Lottabody setting lotion, which works like a charm. So that also saves me a little bit right now from buying everything I see.
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 3rd December 2010, 4:43 pm

yeah. I hear ya. AND I am still waiting on my oils that I got from vitacost.com. I ordered jojoba, castor and rosemary essential. got an email today that said it's just been shipped (kinda slow - I ordered on the 30th...??? I guess they get lots of orders.) anyway, LOL catchya later. About to go mix my henna!!!! YIPPEE!!!!! run
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by justicenga 4th December 2010, 1:10 pm

I tried the shampoo and conditioner about a year ago. I didn't like it though. However, I didn't like the tingle.
justicenga
justicenga

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 4th December 2010, 1:20 pm

@ justicenga....this is such a random question but by any chance were you in a store the other day called Kid to Kid (or something like that)? It's a consignment store on 78 where the TJMaxx and Marshalls is. I saw someone in there whose hair was JUST like yours in your avatar pic.

On the subject, I tried the TTT last night and I LOVE it. I love the tingle. I have always liked the tingly feeling with hair products.
AND, I tried the detangling method of combing thru the conditioner UNDER the running water and OMG, it REALLY makes a difference when getting those durn tangles out!!!! WHERE HAVE I BEEN????? I have been natural for dang near 15 yrs and NEVER did it this way!!! I used to just comb it while IN the shower but not under the running water!!!! If you don't detangle this was you MUST try it and see what I mean!!!!

I swear I love this website!!! Thanks to whoever suggested the running water method (I think it was something I saw Nikki write about!!). I will never do it the other way again!!!!! dance
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 4th December 2010, 1:21 pm

Oh and @ justicenga, I LOVE your hair in the avatar. Is it a mohawk or just all to the side?
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by justicenga 4th December 2010, 2:11 pm

@misskris Thanks honey. It's just one side in this pic. Sometimes I do both. I haven't been in Kid to Kid in awhile so no it wasn't me.

I haven't tried combing under the running water either. I'm going to try it too.
justicenga
justicenga

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 4th December 2010, 3:27 pm

OMG you will be amazed at how much easier it is to comb thru your hair. I was blown away and just still can't believe I haven't been doing this all along!!! SMH Laughing No more yanking on my hair to try to get those knots out!!! dance

and, I knew it was a long shot about that being you in the store. But I guess it wasn't that long of a shot since you HAVE been there before!! Smile
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by TLog77 5th December 2010, 8:17 pm

I saw it at Trader Joe's today. 16oz for 3.99. Not bad.
TLog77
TLog77

http://www.purplefabric.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 5th December 2010, 10:28 pm

Not bad at all.....everything IN that place is reasonably priced, I think!!! I love that place!!! Smile
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by TLog77 3rd January 2011, 5:13 pm

I got it yesterday and used it today. I love it too! I'm using it as a Leave -in too and my hair feels soft and moisturized.
TLog77
TLog77

Back to top Go down

Post by TLog77 4th January 2011, 12:01 am

I used this as a Leave-in today. I'm sold! Soft, defined curls.
TLog77
TLog77

Back to top Go down

Post by CarlaAR 6th January 2011, 2:37 pm

I will pick some up next week since I'm running out. There are several TJs in my area; I just don't like to go because in the past, TJ was my junk food mecca for me! Chocolate, chips, truffles, frozen convenience food (that actually taste good!), sugar, sugar, sugar, etc. It was hard to shop there because I'm more of a bulk, non-packaged shopper (co-op, WFs, etc). I haven't been in years actually since I've been keeping the weight off.

I will go in, get the conditioner and a few other non-junk items and get out! LOL
CarlaAR
CarlaAR

Back to top Go down

Post by TLog77 7th January 2011, 3:12 am

Funny. Getting ur sugar fix at a health food store.

Yeah. Just go in with blinders on and get ur poo!
TLog77
TLog77

Back to top Go down

Post by CarlaAR 7th January 2011, 4:10 am

TLog77 wrote:Funny. Getting ur sugar fix at a health food store.

Yeah. Just go in with blinders on and get ur poo!

LOL! I actually don't consider TJs a health food store, though it is better than Safeway...
CarlaAR
CarlaAR

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next