CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suave Tropical Coconut Conditioner and Trader Joe's Nourishing Spa

4 posters

Go down

Suave Tropical Coconut Conditioner and Trader Joe's Nourishing Spa Empty Suave Tropical Coconut Conditioner and Trader Joe's Nourishing Spa

Post by Emartini04 28th October 2010, 4:55 pm

Hello ladies. I have a quick question for you all. For the past two weeks I've been using TD Nourish Spa for my co wash and just yesterday I purchased Suave Tropical Coconut conditioner (left my TD at a friends house) to do my quick wash. I was going over some of the ingrediants on the back of the Suave bottle and was unfamiliar with some of the ingrediants. Is that conditioner safe for a cowash? I just purchased it yesterday for emergency purposes but just wanted to know if its safe to continue using.

Also is it safe to assume TD Nourishing Spa ingrediants r safe? (I love this conditioner!!!)
Emartini04
Emartini04

Back to top Go down

Suave Tropical Coconut Conditioner and Trader Joe's Nourishing Spa Empty Re: Suave Tropical Coconut Conditioner and Trader Joe's Nourishing Spa

Post by FalconTress 28th October 2010, 5:39 pm

TD Nourishing Spa
contains parabens

From Wikipedia:
Parabens are a class of chemicals widely used as preservatives in the cosmetic and pharmaceutical industries. Parabens are effective preservatives in many types of formulas. These compounds, and their salts, are used primarily for their bactericidal and fungicidal properties. They can be found in shampoos, commercial moisturizers, shaving gels, personal lubricants, topical/parenteral pharmaceuticals, spray tanning solution and toothpaste. They are also used as food additives.

Their efficacy as preservatives, in combination with their low cost, the long history of their use, and the inefficacy of natural alternatives like grapefruit seed extract (GSE),[1] probably explains why parabens are so commonplace. They are becoming increasingly controversial, however, because they have been found in extremely low concentrations in breast cancer tumors (an average of 20 nanograms/g of tissue). [2] Parabens have also displayed the ability to weakly mimic estrogen (a hormone known to play a role in the development of breast cancer).[2] No causal link between parabens and cancer has been established, however.[3]

FalconTress

Back to top Go down

Suave Tropical Coconut Conditioner and Trader Joe's Nourishing Spa Empty Re: Suave Tropical Coconut Conditioner and Trader Joe's Nourishing Spa

Post by kinksncurls 28th October 2010, 6:34 pm

I use suave all the time. I think its fine, I always add a little coconut oil to it for extra umph Smile It's up to you what type of ingredients you are comfortable with using, and how much of the curly girl regimen you plan to follow. Parabeans are in most of my products so I don't have a problem with them
kinksncurls
kinksncurls

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 28th October 2010, 8:49 pm

I used the Suave. I like it. I've never tried Trader Joes.
Renny
Renny

http://www.rhondamcknight.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Emartini04 28th October 2010, 9:49 pm

ok cool. just wanted to make sure the ingrediants were safe. i love the smell of suave but TD gives my hair more definition and makes it feel softer.
Emartini04
Emartini04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down