CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ChrsLvsBks

+24
Natural-In_Me
NaptownCurls
Lynnieluve
Takeya
jamaicacurl
Mz. Thang
CSI
KinkyNappyHappy
Kea::curls
jcanalena79
savvybrown
SheeTacular
Juices-n-Berries
BlondeByDesire
ChrsLvsBks
Intelligentbeauty
MahoganyCurls
TMS
dajewel
Cherry: extraordinary!
CocaColaCutie
NhappyJackie
sweetdrk1
*CurlyNikki*
28 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

ChrsLvsBks - Page 4 Empty Re: ChrsLvsBks

Post by Lynnieluve 11th October 2010, 10:09 pm

I check this thread and I dont see where anyone has asked about the black tea rinse. I heard it helps with shedding. I would like to hear what you have to say about it.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 17th October 2010, 12:54 am

Hey Chrs...

Just wanted to say for the last 2 weeks, I've been using a green tea spritz (green tea, aloe vera gel, tea trea oil, water). It has really helped my moisture issue!

I was looking for info on tea...came here...and got what I needed! Thank you! cheers
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 18th October 2010, 10:06 am

Natural-In_Me wrote:Chrs I have been researching the fenugreek tea everyone that I have came across in the stores and on line have caffinene free on the box. Where did you find yours?
I purchased mine from a local health care store. I think caffeine free is okay.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 18th October 2010, 10:07 am

Lynnieluve wrote:I check this thread and I dont see where anyone has asked about the black tea rinse. I heard it helps with shedding. I would like to hear what you have to say about it.
I have not used black tea nor have I researched it. I will check it out, and let you know.

TheRYL1 wrote:Hey Chrs...

Just wanted to say for the last 2 weeks, I've been using a green tea spritz (green tea, aloe vera gel, tea trea oil, water). It has really helped my moisture issue!

I was looking for info on tea...came here...and got what I needed! Thank you! cheers
Glad you have had a good response to your moisturizing spritz with green tea.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 18th October 2010, 12:02 pm

Hey Chrs! I had no idea you had your own thread until I decided to be nosey and come into this room today. LOL! This is awesome and I will visit often. I've already picked up a lot of tips about using green tea.

I mixed a bunch of teas together and used as a spritz a while back. I'm not sure I was doing the right thing but I mixed nettle, burdock root, and hibiscus. Do you think that is bad?
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 19th October 2010, 1:23 pm

poeticlyspkng wrote:Hey Chrs! I had no idea you had your own thread until I decided to be nosey and come into this room today. LOL! This is awesome and I will visit often. I've already picked up a lot of tips about using green tea.

I mixed a bunch of teas together and used as a spritz a while back. I'm not sure I was doing the right thing but I mixed nettle, burdock root, and hibiscus. Do you think that is bad?
Hi lady! LOL @ nosey.

According to the Encyclopedia of Alternative Medicine, altmd.com,

Nettle has astringent, expectorant, galactagogue (milk producing), tonic, anti-inflammatory, hemostatic, and diuretic properties. The plant is rich in chlorophyll, and a good source of beta carotene; vitamins A, C, and E; tannins; iron; calcium; phosphates; and various other minerals, especially silica. The active ingredients include water-soluble polysaccharides that stimulate the immune system, and large protein-sugar molecules known as lectins. The entire plant may be used in various medicinal preparations.

When boiled with equal parts vinegar and water, a decoction of the plant (particularly the root) is a beneficial and conditioning hair and scalp rinse useful in cases of dandruff and thinning hair. A nettle rinse won't restore hair to a bald head. However, it will lend a shine and enhance the color of the hair one does have.

The University of Maryland Medical Center, http://www.umm.edu/altmed/articles/burdock-000227.htm, states the following.

Burdock consists primarily of carbohydrates, volatile oils, plant sterols, tannins, and fatty oils. Researchers aren't sure which active ingredients in burdock root are responsible for its healing properties, but the herb may have anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and antibacterial effects.

Pregnant or nursing women should avoid burdock as it may cause damage to the fetus.

If you are sensitive to daises, chrysanthemums, or ragweed, you may also experience an allergic reaction to burdock.

Hibiscus, http://www.ageless.co.za/herb-hibiscus.htm, balances and moisturizes the hair.

In hair treatments, shampoos with hibiscus restore the hair's natural barrier, rehydrate the keratin fibers and regenerate its structure. The active ingredients, I-hydroxy-acids, mucilages and anthocyanocides intervene in this action. In this case in particular, the anti-inflammatory, astringent and anti free radical properties of the anthocyanocides are of special interest.

Hibiscus can also be incorporated into dandruff products as it contains a high degree of a-hydroxy-acids. These substances collaborate in restoring the balance of the cellular division in the germinative layer and in loosening the outer cells of the corneous layer. They also enable the scale produced in washing to be eliminated.

In treatments for dry hair, the components of Hibiscus increase the moisture in the horny layer and generate the hydro- lipid film, which gives hair its silky, shiny look.

Hibiscus – pregnant or nursing women should avoid hibiscus, http://www.drugs.com/npp/hibiscus.html.

From this information and others I have read, mixing the three should not be harmful. In fact, you get many benefits, as evidenced in the properties of each herb, when using all three.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by natural83 23rd December 2010, 5:02 am

@ChrsLvsBks I have one question...how did you acheive the look in your avatar? It looks great! Is that a wash-n-go? What products did you use! Im loving it!
natural83
natural83

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss CurlyT 6th January 2011, 6:02 pm

Hey ChrsLvBks!!! Idk if you remember me, but you adopted me as a lil sis when the whole big sis thing 1st started. I kinda got busy with life and dropped of the planet, and I also have started dreads so I am not on this forum as much as before. However, I do periodically check in and I always look in your curl street journal and you look AMAZING!!!! The weight loss, the hair, the make-up....truly and inspiration.....I can go on and on but I will get to the question! LOL....
So my mother has been natural for a while now but her hair is in a mess! Very dry, brittle...just an overall mess. I used to recommend alot of things to her and she would never listen but now she wants to come up with a "healthy hair regimen" So, now she is doing a lil research and she has realized that her hair lacks protein (if that makes sense). So I want to help her with maybe protein treatments, but I remember reading too much protein is not good. I am thinking to alternate between protein and henna treatments every two weeks. What do you think? Also, do you know if any moisturizers or any tips in general for those who "lack protein"???
Sorry this was so long, but thaks in advance for your help! And keep up all the feirceness!!!!
Miss CurlyT
Miss CurlyT

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 9th January 2011, 6:46 pm

natural83 wrote:@ChrsLvsBks I have one question...how did you acheive the look in your avatar? It looks great! Is that a wash-n-go? What products did you use! Im loving it!
I believe it was a dry wng. My hair was dry or nearly dry before I applied my products. I cannot recall what I used. For some reason, I was not notified when you initially posted this. My apologies for responding so late.

Miss CurlyT wrote:Hey ChrsLvBks!!! Idk if you remember me, but you adopted me as a lil sis when the whole big sis thing 1st started. I kinda got busy with life and dropped of the planet, and I also have started dreads so I am not on this forum as much as before. However, I do periodically check in and I always look in your curl street journal and you look AMAZING!!!! The weight loss, the hair, the make-up....truly and inspiration.....I can go on and on but I will get to the question! LOL....
So my mother has been natural for a while now but her hair is in a mess! Very dry, brittle...just an overall mess. I used to recommend alot of things to her and she would never listen but now she wants to come up with a "healthy hair regimen" So, now she is doing a lil research and she has realized that her hair lacks protein (if that makes sense). So I want to help her with maybe protein treatments, but I remember reading too much protein is not good. I am thinking to alternate between protein and henna treatments every two weeks. What do you think? Also, do you know if any moisturizers or any tips in general for those who "lack protein"???
Sorry this was so long, but thaks in advance for your help! And keep up all the feirceness!!!!
Yes, I remember you. I'd love to see your locs.

Thanks for the kind words!

As far as protein, I'd suggest light protein treatments or products with light protein. Check for products with soy protein, silk protein and panthenol. Some products I can think of right now include Giovanni's Smooth as Silk conditioner, Aubrey Organics Island Naturals conditioner and Aubrey Organics GPB conditioner. These conditioners may be left in the hair. If she feels her hair is feeling more coarse, suggest a moisturizing conditioner. For moisture, look for aloe vera and oils/butters in the conditioner.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss CurlyT 10th January 2011, 12:23 pm

Thanks!
Miss CurlyT
Miss CurlyT

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content