CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

❁❁ Muz ❁❁

+40
MellowOne
WhosThatRedHead
Renny
authenticbeauty
coilykinks
Ebbz
jlowman1
priceless
zanajh
swoodward
curly-me-naturally
krazy coils
TMS
~JOME~
mrsmackey
CurlsGalore
HappyCurly
BrownSkinDiva
DvaAuNaturel
SheeTacular
tiashaunteé
mstokes2008
CocoEuro
Intelligentbeauty
poeticlyspkng
MahoganyCurls
Juices-n-Berries
neethair
Lynnieluve
LaToya28
NubieNatty
ktoliver5303
KinkyNappyHappy
ChrsLvsBks
sweetdrk1
BlondeByDesire
jcanalena79
CrissyQ
bholmes87
Muz
44 posters

Page 23 of 26 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next

Go down

❁❁ Muz ❁❁ - Page 23 Empty Re: ❁❁ Muz ❁❁

Post by TheRYL1 23rd August 2010, 7:49 pm

Hey Muz!

I like this style...looking good! :-)

Funny...I have never been able to finsh reading "Wicked" either...and I've tried! OK...I guess I gotta see the play! LOL
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 23rd August 2010, 8:08 pm

Cute braid out!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 24th August 2010, 10:01 am

WhosThatRedHead wrote:Its cute!
Thanks!
krazy coils wrote:Love this style!
Thank you! I'm rather fond of it myself Smile
TheRYL1 wrote:Hey Muz!

I like this style...looking good! :-)

Funny...I have never been able to finsh reading "Wicked" either...and I've tried! OK...I guess I gotta see the play! LOL
Thanks! I looooooooooooooooooooooooved the musical. I wish I could go see it again with the same cast before they left the city. Oh well, I did go download the soundtrack so I have it almost memorized now. LOL! I still don't have motivation to finish the book. I have a backlog of stuff I need to read, I've gotta get on the ball and force myself not to buy anything else until I read all of the ones I have. I'm just worried if I don't get the book when I see it, when I go back it won't be there Sad (that happened with one book, and I haven't found the motivation to order it from eBay yet) but I digress. . . Loved the musical, go see it if you get a chance!
Lynnieluve wrote:Cute braid out!!

Thank you!
Muz
Muz

http://muzikalhairjournal.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nattyblog 24th August 2010, 8:28 pm

I I love you your avi!!
nattyblog
nattyblog

http://naturalgeek.onsugar.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 25th August 2010, 1:54 pm

nattyblog wrote:I I love you your avi!!
Thank you Smile
Muz
Muz

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 25th August 2010, 2:13 pm

Loving the style and the avi! Muz- you saw wicked?? This is the last weekend for it. My husband and I have been considering but haven't yet. Totally worth it, huh?
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 25th August 2010, 2:19 pm

poeticlyspkng wrote:Loving the style and the avi! Muz- you saw wicked?? This is the last weekend for it. My husband and I have been considering but haven't yet. Totally worth it, huh?

Thank you Smile and YES!! In fact, take me with you if you can find tickets! LOL, I've been listening to the Soundtrack non-stop since I saw it, I absolutely loved everything about it (except for the jerks behind me and not having any leg space in those dang on chairs. LOL).
Muz
Muz

Back to top Go down

Post by nattyblog 29th August 2010, 11:00 pm

Muz, how do you moisturize your cornrows? I moisturize before I cornrow. Then, I spritz everyday before I go out and at night before I go to bed. I put oil on my hands and pat it onto my spritzed cornrows and braids. After that, I put a scarf on till it dries. But I wonder if that's really enough though. I didn't notice dryness the first few styles I moisturized this way but the current style I'm wearing seems trickier. Is your process different?
nattyblog
nattyblog

http://naturalgeek.onsugar.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 30th August 2010, 5:38 am

❁❁ Muz ❁❁ - Page 23 August28

I THINK THIS IS ABSOLUTELY STUNNING!!! I LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT IT cheers
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 30th August 2010, 5:48 pm

nattyblog wrote:Muz, how do you moisturize your cornrows? I moisturize before I cornrow. Then, I spritz everyday before I go out and at night before I go to bed. I put oil on my hands and pat it onto my spritzed cornrows and braids. After that, I put a scarf on till it dries. But I wonder if that's really enough though. I didn't notice dryness the first few styles I moisturized this way but the current style I'm wearing seems trickier. Is your process different?

I didn't do anything to them during the week. When I was putting them in I just did my moisture sealing routine which is a water based leave in, castor oil, and then shea butter to style. I may have put a little ORS Mousse on it, can't remember, but they were moisturized even when I took them out.

Intelligentbeauty wrote:❁❁ Muz ❁❁ - Page 23 August28

I THINK THIS IS ABSOLUTELY STUNNING!!! I LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT IT cheers

Thanks! I may experiment more this week since I'm not working (at least for now) for the rest of the week.
Muz
Muz

Back to top Go down

Post by BrownSkinDiva 31st August 2010, 9:00 am

LS, I experimented with the Kimmaytube leave in, I think you may want to try it...Im liking it so far, but my hair hasnt completed dried just yet...I will keep you posted!!
BrownSkinDiva
BrownSkinDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 2nd September 2010, 10:01 am

For my last plastic duckbill clip. I had six of these just a few months ago ~sigh~ This one bit the dust yesterday while I was twisting my hair. Once minute it was there holding ONE braid out of my way, the next it just popped. Like 5 minutes after I took this pic I found a little piece if it in a part I had yet to twist. LOL. So um, yeah, I won't be repurchasing these, only metal for me from now on. . .

❁❁ Muz ❁❁ - Page 23 F0112c94

In other news, here's a WNG I did a couple of days ago, the longer it gets the more it coils, and I think it's retaining moisture more which is helping the coiling process. While I love my coils, it's a trial to detangle. LOL

❁❁ Muz ❁❁ - Page 23 F35327e0

Here are the twists I did last night, I may try to put them in some sort of updo later:

❁❁ Muz ❁❁ - Page 23 Sept1-10

❁❁ Muz ❁❁ - Page 23 Sept1-11

Please excuse the shininess of my face. LOL.

These were done on absolutely dry and stretched hair, I just spritzed with a little green tea after taking out a plait (which is how my hair had been the last couple of days) and raked my fingers through it getting out any tangles (I had to cut my first knot Sad ) then I put on some of my shea butter mix, as I did each twist I took more shea butter mix and put it on my ends, Even though I typically wash on Saturday, I may leave these in since I did just co-wash a couple of days ago.
Muz
Muz

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsGalore 5th September 2010, 11:09 pm

Hey Muz! Stopping by to check out your curls! Love the avi, btw! Beautiful! I may try this style! You have one of the best twists in the forum! So juicy, shiny and thick! Looks good!
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 6th September 2010, 10:48 am

Your avi is so cute. What a fabulous style! I had to come by and tell you.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by wyldhoney 6th September 2010, 11:08 am

Hello Muz!

It's sure been ages since I've been around. Just stopping by to say hi, I love your twists & coils!

My hair is very tangly, but I discovered a secret! If I put my detanglish condish on my hair and leave it for 10 mins under a plastic cap, the comb slides through like buttah when I'm ready to rock! Okay it was more like 45 minutes since I was having brunch with my neighbour but the softness of my hair was absolutely unreal.

If you try this method you might notice your detangling process is a lot less troublesome. Hope that helps!
wyldhoney
wyldhoney

Back to top Go down

Post by BrownSkinDiva 6th September 2010, 11:16 am

just stopping by to say heyyyyy!!!
BrownSkinDiva
BrownSkinDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 6th September 2010, 1:24 pm

CurlsGalore wrote:Hey Muz! Stopping by to check out your curls! Love the avi, btw! Beautiful! I may try this style! You have one of the best twists in the forum! So juicy, shiny and thick! Looks good!

Thanks!

DvaAuNaturel wrote:Your avi is so cute. What a fabulous style! I had to come by and tell you.

Thank you! Your Avi is rather fab as well Smile

wyldhoney wrote:Hello Muz!

It's sure been ages since I've been around. Just stopping by to say hi, I love your twists & coils!

My hair is very tangly, but I discovered a secret! If I put my detanglish condish on my hair and leave it for 10 mins under a plastic cap, the comb slides through like buttah when I'm ready to rock! Okay it was more like 45 minutes since I was having brunch with my neighbour but the softness of my hair was absolutely unreal.

If you try this method you might notice your detangling process is a lot less troublesome. Hope that helps!

Hello, so you just slather it on and leave it for 10-45 minutes? I usually just go through section by section with a big glob of conditioner and finger comb then wide-tooth comb, then twist for shampooing. I like to go through with my fingers first to get out as many shed hairs and knots as I can before going through with the comb. Maybe I'll modify your method and after finger combing wait for about 30 minutes with the conditioner on my head and THEN go back through with a comb. . .

and thanks for the compliment!

BrownSkinDiva wrote:just stopping by to say heyyyyy!!!

Hey, hey, hey! Smile
Muz
Muz

Back to top Go down

❁❁ Muz ❁❁ - Page 23 Empty Yes to Cucumbers Review

Post by Muz 11th September 2010, 9:21 pm

Yes to Cucumbers Conditioner Review (Finally!)

❁❁ Muz ❁❁ - Page 23 Image%5B5%5DYes, so I’m finally doing my Yes to Cucumbers Conditioner Review. I’m not trying to make this suspenseful, so I’m just going to say I LOVE this stuff.

Ingredients: Water, Cucumis Sativa (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Cetearyl Alcohol, Peucedanum Graveolens (Dill Extract), Capsicum Annuum (green pepper extract), Maris Aqua (Dead Sea Water), Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Magnesium Chloride, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract (Chamomile), Olea Europaea (Olive) Oil, Brassica Oleracea Italica Seed Oil (broccoli), Benzyl Alcohol, Spinacia Oleracea Leaf Extract (spinach), Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Oil, Calendula (Calendula Officinalis) Flower Oil, Maris Limus Silt Extract, Cucumis Melo (Melon) Fruit Extract, Parfum/Fragrance, Triticum Vulgare Wheat Germ Oil, Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Peel Extract, Lactic Acid, Centaurea Cyanus (Cornflower) Flower, Beta Vulgaris (Beet) Root Extract, Olea Europaea (Olive) Leaf Extract, Dehydroacetate Acid

Price:Now, it’s kind of pricey if you get it in Target or Walgreens at around $9 a bottle but it’s totally worth it. I’ve heard people say they found it for $3.99 in Ross (I think that’s the name of the place) and TJMaxx, but I clearly haven’t been to either of those places. If I ever DO go to one of them and they have it for $3.99 I’m stocking up!

Smell: I wasn’t crazy about the smell when I first got it. It doesn’t smell BAD, but it also doesn’t smell yummy. It just smells, I guess you could say “clean.” It’s weird, I don’t care for the smell too much when it’s just in the bottle, but on my hear it smells rather nice. I don’t know if it’s my body chemistry or the water or what, but I love the smell.

Results: Here’s what the bottle says it will do:
You will love our Color Care Daily Makeover Conditioner, specially formulated to protect your color treated hair. Add moisture with organic cucumber, spring water and hydrating green tea to give you a glossy tangle-free shine.

Combines organic cucumbers, aloe vera, centaurea and Dead Sea minerals. We've also added extracts of centaurea that contain a powerful blend of potent anti-oxidants to lock in color and protect fading.

You can thank us later! 99.6% Natural ingredients.

For damaged/color treated hair.

Hydrates and adds shine.

Combines organic cucumbers, aloe vera, centaurea and dead sea minerals.

Free of parabens, petroleum and SLS.

Yes To Cucumbers: A cool calming way to make your hair shine and your skin glow from head to toe. Against animal testing.

I remember the first time I used this, and my hair INSTANTLY felt super soft. And when I say Instantly, I mean as I was raking the product through my hair, my hair felt cottony soft (it didn’t feel dry, just think of how soft good cotton feels). I was reluctant to rinse it out. This is not a one time event either. EVERY TIME I’ve used this product to co-wash my hair has felt the same way. No matter how dry it felt before doing the wash, my hair ended up feeling really soft. When I rinsed my hair felt super moisturized.

I’ve even used it as a Deep Conditioner by adding Raw Honey and EVOO to it and LOVED it. Honestly, in my eyes this product can do no wrong. the only way I haven’t tried it is as a leave-in, and that’s only because I have this complex about using rinse out conditioner as a leave-in. I just feel like there’s a REASON you’re supposed to rinse it out.

Afros: All in all, I give this product 5 out of 5 Afros. I can’t find anything to complain about other than the price, and honestly considering the product does what it says it’s going to do and NOTHING else I’ve tried makes my hair feel the same way I don’t mind the price. I’ve had this bottle for a couple of months and I still have like a third of it left. If you haven’t tried this product, I say give it a whirl, you may just fall in love with it.
I took a picture of my hair after using this product as a deep conditioner to try to give an idea of what my hair looks like afterward, it’s not as clear/defined as I’d like, but I think you guys will get the general idea. I also just wore my hair as a WNG (I can’t remember if I added a leave in/oil afterwards) which I posted earlier in this thread:
❁❁ Muz ❁❁ - Page 23 August29-2010%5B3%5D
Muz
Muz

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 11th September 2010, 9:26 pm

I love YTC too. I use it for my cowashes and love how it makes my hair feel. I have found it at Ross for $2.99 a bottle and I bought every bottle I saw.
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 11th September 2010, 11:21 pm

Hey Muz! I only WISH we had a Ross here! I would love to purchase YTCu for less than 8.99 but alas- it's not meant for us buckeyes! I love it too though. Does the same for me and the way I figure it- I would pay more for products that aren't on the ground so I'll take it. Great review!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 12th September 2010, 3:11 pm

Hey Muz!

Yeah, that YTCu is the best! I stopped using it for another product and it showed! But, now I've returned to my baby! LOL Very Happy
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 12th September 2010, 3:21 pm

Hi lady, look at you doing the braids! They look great. Yes, they do open up more options for styles. I look forward to seeing what you do.

Thanks for the YTC review! I have it, and agree with everything you said. BTW, the YTC leave in ingredients are very similar. I would leave it in.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 12th September 2010, 9:00 pm

@ Poet, but we DO have a TJMaxx, or at least we did a few years ago (I can't seem to keep up with what IS and isn't closed ~lol~)

@ Chrs, I've heard they have the same ingredients, but I have a complex, it's kinda like with expired food. Even though people claim you can still eat it after that date (or the sell by date) something in my head wont' let me eat it ~lol~

@Redhead and Ryl, glad you liked the review!

Anywhoo, trying to come up with a protective style with twists, I'mt taking a break since I'm tired. So far I've co-washed with V05, banded, sat under the dryer for like an hour, then blow dried for like 15 seconds per section to get it really dry, added castor oil and twisted the sections as I went, took the sections out, and started twisting. I'm pinning the ends since it's supposed to be a protective style, although I think I could see myself rocking it in the current state. Anywhoo, here's a preview:

❁❁ Muz ❁❁ - Page 23 Sept1210

Muz
Muz

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 12th September 2010, 9:52 pm

hummmm I may have to revisit YTC. I just love Tresemme's Natural Nourishing Conditioner. I really liked it, because I can detangle with my fingers using TNNC...

You hair is really growing can't you tell. You are doing a great job with taking care of your hair!! Beautiful!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 13th September 2010, 10:59 am

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:hummmm I may have to revisit YTC. I just love Tresemme's Natural Nourishing Conditioner. I really liked it, because I can detangle with my fingers using TNNC...

You hair is really growing can't you tell. You are doing a great job with taking care of your hair!! Beautiful!!!

I haven't tried the Nourishing one, but I do like the Moisturizing one. Maybe I'll see if I can find a little bottle of the nourishing one to try Smile

and thanks!

Here's the style I ended up with:

❁❁ Muz ❁❁ - Page 23 Sept1310

I also tried this:

❁❁ Muz ❁❁ - Page 23 Sept1311

I took it down because I didn't want all of those pins in my hair. LOL, but one day I may give pin-curing a real go.

Here's how I did the style with pics.
Muz
Muz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 26 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum