CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

❁❁ Muz ❁❁

+40
MellowOne
WhosThatRedHead
Renny
authenticbeauty
coilykinks
Ebbz
jlowman1
priceless
zanajh
swoodward
curly-me-naturally
krazy coils
TMS
~JOME~
mrsmackey
CurlsGalore
HappyCurly
BrownSkinDiva
DvaAuNaturel
SheeTacular
tiashaunteé
mstokes2008
CocoEuro
Intelligentbeauty
poeticlyspkng
MahoganyCurls
Juices-n-Berries
neethair
Lynnieluve
LaToya28
NubieNatty
ktoliver5303
KinkyNappyHappy
ChrsLvsBks
sweetdrk1
BlondeByDesire
jcanalena79
CrissyQ
bholmes87
Muz
44 posters

Page 25 of 26 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26  Next

Go down

❁❁ Muz ❁❁ - Page 25 Empty Re: ❁❁ Muz ❁❁

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 3rd October 2010, 11:08 pm

Hey Muz...

I enjoy reading your blog. You provided a lot of information concerning products. I'm so trying to curb my urge to purchase products until Black Friday...so I'm doing great. One thing I would like to do it purchase more store products. So I will trying a few that you reviewed on your site. Wish they sold Oyin's Burt Sugar Pomade in stores...LOL

You twists look so thick...you are doing a great job with your hair. With the cool weather coming I am going to try the green tea rinse and I think I may use in my spritz bottle.

Just stopping by to see what has been going on in your house!!

TTYL
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 4th October 2010, 10:28 am

Hi KNH!! Thanks for stopping by my blog Smile I'm not sure if people actually read it other than me, lol, so I guess it's more like an online hair journal. I hope you like the Green Tea on your hair! I may need to go back to using it more regularly myself.

As for me, I'm experimenting with Shea Butter recipes. I found one on the Nappturality forum that looks really good and in reading the responses over there it really works for people, so I'm looking forward to trying it out. If I don't like it I can always just give it to my mom. I think she likes stuff I don't like just to spite me (LOL) so I don't have to worry about it going to waste.

I made some Shealoe this weekend and used it to twist my dry hair (that was in a WNG so it wasn't stretched).

Here's the Shealoe:
❁❁ Muz ❁❁ - Page 25 444ae7e1

I kept wanting to eat it, it did look like cake batter. LOL, it's gotten a little harder since then, but it's still pretty creamy and easy to get/melt. I LOVED putting it on my hair, I may start whipping my other Shea-Butter mix. Of course this means I'm going to have to go get a new mixer so I don't use the one we use for food Embarassed Don't worry, I washed it thoroughly with hot water. Here's my twists:

❁❁ Muz ❁❁ - Page 25 2cf7685a

I played around with pinning them up yesterday, but I didn't like how it looked. I think I'm going to need to get some accessories to jazz them up them maybe I won't be such a perfectionist when pinning them. I also want some knitted tams to wear for the winter as part of my protective styles I've been looking on Forever21.com, they have some cheap ones (less than $4)

I tried the Aussie Moist 3 Minute Miracle, I've decided I'm going to use it again before doing the review (that's all of the preview ya'll are gonna get Wink ).

and that's pretty much all I have for now. Off to look on some job sites to see if I find anything that looks interesting that I can do (I hate this whole underemployed/temping thing. I need a solid, stable job-- but at least I've caught up on most of my bills that fell to the wayside while I was totally unemployed for over a year).

TTYL!
Muz
Muz

http://muzikalhairjournal.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 4th October 2010, 6:56 pm

Hey Muz love how your twists look. Your shealoe definitely looks like cake batter (lol). I made this once but it didn't look as good as yours. I think I would have to whip it a little longer. Did you add anything else besides the Shea butter and Aloe?
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 4th October 2010, 7:12 pm

krazy coils wrote:Hey Muz love how your twists look. Your shealoe definitely looks like cake batter (lol). I made this once but it didn't look as good as yours. I think I would have to whip it a little longer. Did you add anything else besides the Shea butter and Aloe?

Hey! Thanks! I'm trying to get on YOUR level with the twists, not quite there yet. . . LOL. Yes I also added Castor Oil (my hair's favorite Oil), EVOO, and Peppermint Oil (in a vain attempt to get it to smell as good as it looked ~lol~). I see the AVG is separating out a little bit, maybe next time I'll melt the shea butter and mix it all together then let it sit and THEN whip it when it gets a little solid again. . .

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, good news! I got a call from the agency today about a position that's more long term (which means MUCH NEEDED STABILITY in my economical situation)!! I'm really excited about it, apparently the office is totally casual, which works for me! LOL, and I'm getting paid a little more than at the last place I was at for a couple of months. I fully expect to be very happy at this position while I continue to look for another job, or maybe save up and study to take the Bar again (the jury is still out on that one).

Soooooo, while I was out picking up my bus pass I was roaming around Kroger (for those who don't have a Kroger, it's a grocery store) and ended up in the hair aisle and found a couple of things I saw on Kimmaytube's site that I didn't want to order online, but I really wanted. AAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNND I ended up stopping in Rainbow and found some beanies/tams/whatever you want to call them that were about 4-6 dollars each!!! I'm uber excited about my little haul. Oh, and I think I have a conditioner addiction. Luckily I get the ones that are on sale, and Kroger had the Almond and Shea Butter Suave Professionals on sale, and I remembered hearing good things about it, so I grabbed a bottle. Can't wait to test it out!! (along with a couple other conditioners I bought like last wee Embarassed Laughing

Here's a pic of my haul:
❁❁ Muz ❁❁ - Page 25 Haul_110

And yes, I even found that hair stopper she has! I think I know where LuvNaturals gets their stuff now j/k.

Oh, and those Goody clip things Kimmaytube raves about ARE the bomb. They hold a lot more hair than anything else I've tried as I have pretty thick hair, and I got the SMALL ones. I'll probably go back and get a big one:

❁❁ Muz ❁❁ - Page 25 Oct4-210

Now, I just need to find those satin bonnets BlackOnyx has on her site, and that cute moroccan headband thingy (after I end this no-headband/puff challenge of course) Kimmaytube has on her site, and I'll be all set.

BTW, if any of you purchase raw shea butter online, where do you get it? I'm trying to find some reasonably priced, I never see the ivory kind around when I get my other shea butter. I think I saw it once in a local BSS, but it wasn't there when I went back.
Muz
Muz

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 4th October 2010, 11:45 pm

Hey Muz!

Such juicy twists ya got there!

I need to check out that SheaLoe mix. ;-)
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 5th October 2010, 7:54 am

Sheaessentials has some reasonably priced shea butter

http://www.sheaessentials.com/categories/Raw-Butters-and-Base-Oils/
krazy coils
krazy coils

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 10th October 2010, 12:55 pm

Your hair progress is awesome!! Keep up the good work.
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BrownSkinDiva 11th October 2010, 4:35 pm

krazy coils wrote:Sheaessentials has some reasonably priced shea butter

thats where i order my shea butter from as well
BrownSkinDiva
BrownSkinDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 15th October 2010, 7:37 pm

Hey Muz! I thought of you today! I went to the TJ Maxx at Easton and guess what I found? The biolage hair balm you reviewed... For $7.99! Which is much more reasonable than the price you find at the stores which I believe is close to $20. So I purchased one and left the other for you. Wink
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 17th October 2010, 1:19 am

Hey Muz!

I've been spritzing with green tea for the last couple of weeks! I'm lovin' it...my hair has been soft and moisturized! cheers

Thanks for the info on your blog!
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 18th October 2010, 7:33 am

Your twists look juicy and I like the way your cake batter looks.... Laughing
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 23rd October 2010, 5:20 pm

Your hair looks great! Loving your twists!

You are so right about the Goody hair clip. I remember thinking I hit pay dirt when I lucked up on them a few months back. They are quite handy. I have the large one, and it stays in my gym bag.

OMGoodness, your sheaaloe looks divine. I'm going to have to check your site for a good mix. I used equal parts shea and aloe and it did not turn out too good.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 28th October 2010, 7:37 am

Hey Muz...

Just checking on yah!!! How have you been doing?

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 3rd November 2010, 8:40 am

TheRYL1 wrote:Hey Muz!

Such juicy twists ya got there!

I need to check out that SheaLoe mix. ;-)

Thanks!! Yeah, I have been LOVING the Shea-loe and my hair has too, I've been using it to twist the last few weeks and it's been going great!

Thanks!!

SheeTacular_Napps wrote:Your hair progress is awesome!! Keep up the good work.

Thank you!!!

BrownSkinDiva wrote:

thats where i order my shea butter from as well

Alrighty, that seems to be the main site people use then. . . The stuff I've been finding locally works for me so I don't know if I want to bother with ordering online Laughing

poeticlyspkng wrote:Hey Muz! I thought of you today! I went to the TJ Maxx at Easton and guess what I found? The biolage hair balm you reviewed... For $7.99! Which is much more reasonable than the price you find at the stores which I believe is close to $20. So I purchased one and left the other for you. Wink

Hey! How'd you like it?
TheRYL1 wrote:Hey Muz!

I've been spritzing with green tea for the last couple of weeks! I'm lovin' it...my hair has been soft and moisturized! cheers

Thanks for the info on your blog!

I know, isn't green tea awesome! I've also been using it as a toner on my face and some scars on my legs and it's working wonders Smile I love Green Tea, I've recently started drinking red tea, I haven't tried it on my hair yet though. . .

Intelligentbeauty wrote:Your twists look juicy and I like the way your cake batter looks.... Laughing

Thank you!!

ChrsLvsBks wrote:Your hair looks great! Loving your twists!

You are so right about the Goody hair clip. I remember thinking I hit pay dirt when I lucked up on them a few months back. They are quite handy. I have the large one, and it stays in my gym bag.

OMGoodness, your sheaaloe looks divine. I'm going to have to check your site for a good mix. I used equal parts shea and aloe and it did not turn out too good.

Thank you!!! You know, I'm not even sure if I've done my recipe on my blog yet. LOL (yeah, I've been slacking. . . )

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Hey Muz...

Just checking on yah!!! How have you been doing?

KNH

Hi! Thanks for stopping by! I've been working, I finally got a more stable job situation (still working as a temp though, but I get about 40 hours a week and I can stay as long as I want) but I work 6 days a week now which is why I've been MIA. When I get home I'm too tired to do anything. LOL, on my one day off (Sunday) I didn't even feel like washing my hair this weekend (I feel kinda guilty about it) so I broke down and co-washed last night and I'll just do WNGs and/or hats for the rest of the week and pamper my hair this weekend.
Muz
Muz

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 4th November 2010, 7:29 am

Hey Muz...

Congratulations...you know most temp assignments turn to perm!! Glad you are busy in a good kind of way!!!

Don't forget to make time for your hair and your blog!!

TTYL
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 6th November 2010, 8:32 pm

Hey Muz, these twists are so juicy! The twists of my dreams! I just checked out your blog! Great progress!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 11th November 2010, 10:43 pm

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Hey Muz...

Congratulations...you know most temp assignments turn to perm!! Glad you are busy in a good kind of way!!!

Don't forget to make time for your hair and your blog!!

TTYL

Thanks! And I totally did my hair wrong a couple of weeks ago LOL. I didn't feel like washing it on my day off, so I didn't wash it until like that Wed, and even then I only CO-WASHED and didn't detangle first. Then I had the nerve to not style it after that and just wear a tam for the rest of the week. LOL, I don't think my hair appreciated that.

sweetdrk1 wrote:Hey Muz, these twists are so juicy! The twists of my dreams! I just checked out your blog! Great progress!

Thank you!

So I did a little experimenting this week trying to find a protective style other than twists (sometimes you just don't feel like taking a couple of hours to do them) so here's what I came up with:
❁❁ Muz ❁❁ - Page 25 Nov11-10

❁❁ Muz ❁❁ - Page 25 Nov11-11

The back can also be bunned (which I did earlier this week, but I like it better as a puff. I know I'm going have to learn to love it in a bun too). It was a heatless style, I just let my hair air dry in big twists and after it was try used my original shea butter mix to comb it out.
Muz
Muz

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 11th November 2010, 11:29 pm

Good job!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 12th November 2010, 12:02 am

I havent been over here in a looooonnngggg time!!! Loving all the styles. I need to go to Rainbow and see if they have those tams here.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 12th November 2010, 2:04 pm

Girl your hair is growing like a weed!! Can I have some of your hair please?? Laughing
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 12th November 2010, 5:33 pm

SheeTacular_Napps wrote:Girl your hair is growing like a weed!! Can I have some of your hair please?? Laughing

lol! ^^^ What she said for real!

Your hair is really growing!

I found a hair stopper/strainer thingy last night at Wal-Mart. I saw it on KimmayTube's store, but I was like man I know I can find it cheaper than that. Anyway I did....I was too excited. I

How is the job coming along?
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 23rd January 2011, 11:06 am

Wow, haven't been in here in a while. . . LOL, I'll have to try to do better about updating Smile

sweetdrk1 wrote:Good job!

Thank you!

Lynnieluve wrote:I havent been over here in a looooonnngggg time!!! Loving all the styles. I need to go to Rainbow and see if they have those tams here.

Did you find any? I've been wearing them all winter as my protective style, and my hair has been doing wonderfully Smile

Daughter of the Most High wrote:Girl your hair is growing like a weed!! Can I have some of your hair please?? Laughing

Sure! But be careful what you wish for. LOL!

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:
SheeTacular_Napps wrote:Girl your hair is growing like a weed!! Can I have some of your hair please?? Laughing

lol! ^^^ What she said for real!

Your hair is really growing!

I found a hair stopper/strainer thingy last night at Wal-Mart. I saw it on KimmayTube's store, but I was like man I know I can find it cheaper than that. Anyway I did....I was too excited. I

How is the job coming along?

I think I ended up paying the same amount as they are advertised for on Kimmay's site. . . but it's done a great job of saving the drain from quite a bit of hair. Especially since I've been washing my hair every two weeks as my Winter regimen instead of every week Wink

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So between work and other interests I've been totally lazy when it comes to my hair, so far my hair has been loving it though. LOL My current regimen is to do a hot oil treatment with EVOO before detangling with some cheapie conditioner. Then I shampoo and rinse twice, deep condition, and style using the moisture sealing method I used when I was transitioning. I haven't really been using new products.

My go to style has been medium-large twists kept under a hat, sometimes I'll the wear a twist out for the second week.

I did get some pics in for length checks on Jan 1st:
❁❁ Muz ❁❁ - Page 25 Jan20110
(It's REALLY hard to get back shots by myself. LOL, but I can almost
just grab and pull it, at least I could a month ago. . . it'll be time
for another check in a week or so Smile )

and here's just an after wash shot:

❁❁ Muz ❁❁ - Page 25 Jan111

here I am trying to be more creative with my hat wearing (LOL) one side is cornrowed up (for the style I was setting) and the rest is twisted, in the front I kind pincurled the twists. Normally, I just tuck the ends of the twists back into the hat. I was feeling creative this day:

❁❁ Muz ❁❁ - Page 25 Jan18-10

But when I say I haven't really been doing anything with my hair, I'm serious. LOL, I think the cold is zapping my energy :p I am going to try to motivate myself to do a bantu-knot out in February though.

Oh, and it's been over 8 months since my BC!!!

Okay, now I'm going to hop around and try to check in on everyone else Wink Laughing
Muz
Muz

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 23rd January 2011, 12:25 pm

Hey Muz,

I love your avi with those juicy twists! Your hair has grown and is looking lovely. I also can't do those back shots by myself, I just pull my hair to the front for now. Again awesome growth and keep up the good work.
krazy coils
krazy coils

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 23rd January 2011, 4:35 pm

affraid @ that new avatar!!! GAWGEOUS!!!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 23rd January 2011, 5:58 pm

Hey You!

Look at dem twists... cheers
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content