CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

❁❁ Muz ❁❁

+40
MellowOne
WhosThatRedHead
Renny
authenticbeauty
coilykinks
Ebbz
jlowman1
priceless
zanajh
swoodward
curly-me-naturally
krazy coils
TMS
~JOME~
mrsmackey
CurlsGalore
HappyCurly
BrownSkinDiva
DvaAuNaturel
SheeTacular
tiashaunteé
mstokes2008
CocoEuro
Intelligentbeauty
poeticlyspkng
MahoganyCurls
Juices-n-Berries
neethair
Lynnieluve
LaToya28
NubieNatty
ktoliver5303
KinkyNappyHappy
ChrsLvsBks
sweetdrk1
BlondeByDesire
jcanalena79
CrissyQ
bholmes87
Muz
44 posters

Page 15 of 26 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20 ... 26  Next

Go down

❁❁ Muz ❁❁ - Page 15 Empty Re: ❁❁ Muz ❁❁

Post by Muz 4th June 2010, 10:10 am

Intelligentbeauty wrote:Your puff did come out awesome. Very shiny too. Very Happy

Thanks!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So I'm sitting here with this Shea Moisture deep treatment mask in my hair, and I don't want to wash it out! I'm like feeling through my conditioning cap/satin bonnet and I can just feel curls. And the shampoo was great too. I think my hair is really enjoying herself right now. LOL. I can't wait to see results and use them for a couple of weeks to do a review bounce bounce

My scalp was itching like CRAZY last night/this morning. I think it may have been that Carol's Daughter Hair Milk when it combined with something else I may have had on my hair. It was NOT fun. In the future, as soon as my head starts itching like that I'm washing it, it makes no sense for me to be tearing up my scalp for a cute style. I know how I did it, so it can be repeated. As far as today's style after I do eventually wash most of this out, I'm going to give defining my curls a real go. I was going to do coils, but now I want to see my curls and give my scalp a break from pulling on it. I think I"ll use Eco Styler. I like the Elasta, but I hate the smell of it. LOL I may do half and half and see which side I like best.

Also, there's this patch on the left side of my hair that's just not really as curly as the rest of my head and it's annoying the hell out of me. Hopefully it'll curl up like the right side. It's funny, I used to hate how the right side was because my hair was always curlier on that side (I used to think it was thicker, but I think it's just curlier), so I may just have that funky patch of hair there forever. Oh well. I don't think it's that noticible to anyone but me. . . Laughing

Happy Friday everyone (OMG my hair smells so delicious! I may never wash this stuff off ~lol~)!
Muz
Muz

http://muzikalhairjournal.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 4th June 2010, 12:32 pm

So I got up this morning, shampooed my hair, deep conditioned, and then got all set to try "defining" my curls. I put on my leave-in, then a little EVOO, then some gel, and went through and smoothed each clump. I have a part of my head that is just not as curly as the rest of it, it's like terrible. I'm hoping it's just some sort of damage I didn't know I had instead of the texture there because it's annoying to me. (LOL@ wishing for damage) Anywhoo, that didn't work because it was turning my hair white. I wasn't sure if it was going to try clear, and I didn't want to wait to find out.

So I washed my hair with the shampoo I recently purchased (and I'm glad I did, because I don't think co-washing this many times in one day would have flown. . . ). I remembered seeing a video where someone just smoothed the gel on like they were going to put it in a ponytail then shook. I tried that, but the gel was weighing my hair down and once again it was turning white. Not cool. So back to the shower I went.

Now the third time I just washed it (note: each time I washed with this shampoo, my curls popped MORE it's really quite amazing. I think I've found a new staple product). Then I just rubbed some Aussie Moist on my hair, and shook. It's not dry yet, but I'm not worried about it drying white because conditioner dries clear (this I know).

So the moral of the story is. . . gel does not work for me with WNGs not all over. If I'm doing one little section I can get away with it, but I don't have the patience to do it all over. I find that my curls aren't really any MORE defined because I used gel and went through and shingled or smoothed on each section.
Muz
Muz

Back to top Go down

Post by mstokes2008 4th June 2010, 12:57 pm

Muz I love that puff!!! And it does look like you colored your hair, it's rally pretty though.
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 4th June 2010, 1:06 pm

Thank you! my hair is naturally a really dark reddish brown, usually it lightens up during the summer if I'm in the sun Smile
Muz
Muz

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 4th June 2010, 4:26 pm

Muz, your water bill for the day sounds scary. LOL! So, you're loving the Curls shampoo huh? I might have to get it. AFTER I run out of my other poos. Actually I'm close, so maybe next week. In any case, so lets see how you're wearing it!?
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by BrownSkinDiva 4th June 2010, 7:49 pm

yeah Muz im almost out of all this herbal essence i bought so im gonna give it a try afterwards Smile
BrownSkinDiva
BrownSkinDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 5th June 2010, 4:14 pm

poeticlyspkng wrote:Muz, your water bill for the day sounds scary. LOL! So, you're loving the Curls shampoo huh? I might have to get it. AFTER I run out of my other poos. Actually I'm close, so maybe next week. In any case, so lets see how you're wearing it!?

I flat twisted it yesterday and didn't like them, so I just took them out and threw my hair in a puff real quick, I think I'm going to wet it and do some twists for a twist-out puff tomorrow since I'm going to go to church and I can't be looking all crazy. LOL Maybe when I get home tomorrow I'll try the coil-out ~shrug~.

If you're protein sensitive I don't recommend getting the shampoo because it does have protein in it, or if you do get it then use it sparingly. My hair doesn't seem to be affected by protein, it's super soft today and not dry at all.

BrownSkinDiva wrote:yeah Muz im almost out of all this herbal essence i bought so im gonna give it a try afterwards Smile

Do that! I told you we're hair twins. LOL, I think I'm going to have to go back and get the conditioner that goes with it. My hair may really like the Shea Moisture line which is good because it's not TOO expensive, and I can buy it locally whenever I want Smile
Muz
Muz

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 5th June 2010, 4:17 pm

The puff is so shiny!!! Look at those curls!
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 6th June 2010, 1:46 pm

swoodward wrote:The puff is so shiny!!! Look at those curls!

Thank you Smile
Muz
Muz

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 7th June 2010, 10:40 am

I’ve pretty much decided that I cannot do the whole “curl defining” thing, at least not at this length. I don’t have the patience, and when I do try to be patient with it it ends up being too white (as in too much product) and I was paranoid that it wouldn’t dry clear. So I went back to the conditioner only method (LOL@ “went back to” when I’ve only been natural like two weeks. . . ). I love the accordion method from Mahogany Curls for my WNGs, the shake method didn’t give me the same results. But with the accordion method, it took my hair way too long to dry. I think part of that was using HEHH because that conditioner is so thick, and part of it is my hair is thick as all hell. So it takes almost 24 hours for my hair to dry.

This morning I woke up and refreshed my WNG, but then I decided to try something different. So I co-washed with my V05 Strawberries n Cream conditioner (which is lighter than HEHH) and then I rinsed my hair and shook it to get out most of the water. THEN I took about two quarter sized amounts of the V05 conditioner and ran it over my head. After that I did the scrunching method and pulled it back into a puff. Now it hasn’t even been an hour yet, and my hair is pretty close to dry (except for the very back which for some reason always takes a really long time to dry ~shrug~) And it’s bigger and fluffier than when I use the HEHH. Here’s a picture of it now.

The curls aren’t really “defined” per-se, but I like the curly/fro look.
❁❁ Muz ❁❁ - Page 15 June7-10

❁❁ Muz ❁❁ - Page 15 June7-11

This is my first time trying this method, I like it, I’m going to try again tomorrow to see if I can get a little more definition, and to try to figure out a way to get the back to not take as long to dry. Right now it’s really trial and error.

Cross Posted @ Back 2 My Roots

I think I'm going to start using V05 because the HEHH kinda weighs my hair down (even if it gives a little more definition) which means I end up pulling at it to make it bigger (which isn't good since we're not supposed to touch it while it's drying. LOL!) plus it takes forever to dry with HEHH. By this I mean, I did a WNG yesterday morning, and when I woke up this morning, there were parts in the back that STILL weren't dry. I have no idea why it takes so long for the back to dry, but every other part of my hair is almost dry and it's been about an hour while the back is still like soaking wet. LOL, I'll figure it out eventually.
Muz
Muz

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 7th June 2010, 11:37 am

Your hair looks so healthy and thick!
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by BrownSkinDiva 7th June 2010, 11:49 am

looking good ls.....i think when mahoganycurls does the accordion method her hair takes a while to dry too, but she has 3c/4a curls i believe so im sure its not taking 24 hours lol...
BrownSkinDiva
BrownSkinDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 7th June 2010, 11:55 am

krazy coils wrote:Your hair looks so healthy and thick!

Thanks! I can't wait for it to be long enough to bun, because it IS thick and sometimes dealing with it is a hassle even at this length ~lol~

BrownSkinDiva wrote:looking good ls.....i think when mahoganycurls does the accordion method her hair takes a while to dry too, but she has 3c/4a curls i believe so im sure its not taking 24 hours lol...

Ridiculous, I know. . . LOL, but actually with my modified technique, it's almost dry now (except for the very back). When the back gets more dry I'll pat about a nickle sized amount of EVOO on it, and voila my hair will be done. Smile
Muz
Muz

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 7th June 2010, 12:29 pm

the HH is definitely THICK as heck! i used it for the accordion method and i had to give up after the 7th hour becuz it does take too long to dry! i'll revisit the accordion method if i wash my hair first thing in the morning w/a lighter condish like...suave naturals one!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 7th June 2010, 12:52 pm

NubieNatty wrote:the HH is definitely THICK as heck! i used it for the accordion method and i had to give up after the 7th hour becuz it does take too long to dry! i'll revisit the accordion method if i wash my hair first thing in the morning w/a lighter condish like...suave naturals one!

You should! My hair is almost completely dry now Smile
Muz
Muz

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 7th June 2010, 1:48 pm

I saw a video by natural85, I think, that's the name. She applies her flax seed gel in an interesting manner. I am going to try it. She puts it in her hair from front to back in a smoothing motion. Then from ear to ends on both side and front to back in the same smoothing manner. You get all the hair but seem to use less product. If you try it let us know what you think.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mstokes2008 7th June 2010, 2:06 pm

Muz your hair is so pretty!!! I love the accordion method as well, and I stopped using the HEHH as well because it is really thick. Now about that shampoo you were using, is it the professional Curls one or the one from Target?? I'm still on the search for a good shampoo.
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 7th June 2010, 2:24 pm

ChrsLvsBks wrote:I saw a video by natural85, I think, that's the name. She applies her flax seed gel in an interesting manner. I am going to try it. She puts it in her hair from front to back in a smoothing motion. Then from ear to ends on both side and front to back in the same smoothing manner. You get all the hair but seem to use less product. If you try it let us know what you think.

Hmm, I'm subscribed to her I think, are you talking about Naptrual85? Do you remember the title of the vid? I can try it tomorrow since I found a way for my hair to dry quickly Smile

mstokes2008 wrote:Muz your hair is so pretty!!! I love the accordion method as well, and I stopped using the HEHH as well because it is really thick. Now about that shampoo you were using, is it the professional Curls one or the one from Target?? I'm still on the search for a good shampoo.

Thanks! The shampoo is the Shea Moisture Brilliant Curl Shampoo from Target. Here's a pic of it:

❁❁ Muz ❁❁ - Page 15 Shampo10

It costs $9.99 plus tax-- I think it has a regular conditioner to go with it, but I didn't get that. So far I like the shampoo so much I may go back and get it. And a little goes a long way, I said I washed my hair like 3 separate times? And the first time I shampooed twice. See how much is left. LOL, I love the lather (something I was missing with co-washing, because co-washing does lather, but not like a good shampoo).
Muz
Muz

Back to top Go down

Post by mstokes2008 7th June 2010, 2:34 pm

Ohhhh idk why I thought it was Curls lol. Does that shampoo have alot of protein in it?? & I know what you mean, I like the idea of no poo/low poo & all that good stuff, but I miss the lather of shampoo, not having it makes me feel like my head isn't clean lol
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 7th June 2010, 2:42 pm

Here are the ingredients in order:
  • Deionized Water
  • Decyl Glucoside (Sugar Beets)
  • Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil*
  • Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter)*
  • Aloe Vera Leaf Juice
  • Vitamin E
  • Melia Azadirachta (Neem) Seed Oil
  • Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate (Coconut Oil)
  • Panthenol (Vitamin B-5)
  • Rosemary Extract
  • Silk Protein
  • Lonicera Caprifolium (Honeysuckle) Flower (and) Lonicera Japonica (Japanese Honeysuckle) Flower Extract

* Certified Organic Ingredient
Muz
Muz

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 7th June 2010, 6:45 pm

Hey Muz, I wish you were my hair twin 'cause that's how I like my hair to look - thick and shiny!

I haven't mastered the accordion method for the w&g but I seem to be a 'leave the condish in my hair' kind of girl.

I have discovered though that if I use a moisture/gel combo on top my hair dries a lot faster. (moisture gel as in quenched curls/gel-s-c or KKKT/KKCC) together. But shingling takes forever and as I mentioned - I can't play the accordion. Did you use anything when you scrunched or were you going with the product you had in already (VO5).

I like your idea and may try next week (after I try J&B's banding method). I bought a few microfiber towels and they made a huge difference in my w&g - I am using devacurl moisture one as my cowash and the towels made that work.
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 7th June 2010, 6:57 pm

Hey swoodward!! Thanks for the compliment Smile So far the whole "gel" thing doesn't really work for me. I may give it another shot tomorrow. Maybe I'm just not using the right gel. . . but for my WNGs, I typically use whatever I used to co-wash and just leave it in to dry. Then when my hair is close to dry I take about a nickel sized amount of EVOO and pat it on my head to seal in the moisture (the pics above are pre-EVOO).

I still have a little KKKT and KKCC left from the last debacle ( Evil or Very Mad ) so I may try without the whole shingling part and see how that goes. . . But I don't want to like that product because it's so expensive Laughing I think I'm going to keep using V05 conditioners (I may try a couple of different ones too) because they are so cheap that I wouldn't feel guilty about using them every day if I wanted to co-wash every day.

I don't have any micro-fiber towels, but I have been using old white t-shirts (I had a whole bunch because we had to wear them for band practice in undergrad Smile ) to dry my hair.
Muz
Muz

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 7th June 2010, 7:36 pm

I tried both the towels, t-shirts and paper towels. I like paper towels best! But I have no intention of using them up. Not cool. Ts work too though. If you see one (microfiber) on sale and it's not a budget buster, try it.

I have very little luck with HE Totally Twisted and while I love Elasta-QP for refreshing twists I can''t use it when co-washing - my hair turns into brillo. I won't even buy eco-styler because I am afraid of failing! When I get better at mixing though, that go on the list. So I hear you about the gel.

I got a huge bottle of AnGel in my Deva set. I think I may try a w&g with that using your method and post a review. That stuff was so expensive to invest in but I may stick with it.

Stay away from KT and CC. They are addictive! So wonderful!
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 7th June 2010, 7:53 pm

I was thinking of being a girl on a budget - Curls at Target - yea? I have the curls line but haven't tried that one. Have you? It's $ friendlier than the online site.
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 7th June 2010, 7:56 pm

I think they are the same line. I saw the Curls stuff, but I decided not to get them. When I saw them in person they just didn't impress me. LOL I know that's bad and it probably makes no sense, but the Shea Moisture stuff looked more appealing, and I knew for sure I wanted to try the Deep Treatment Masque after hearing about it around here. I think the next thing I'll try is Yes to Cucumbers.

But I do know that Poeticallyspkng got some Curls stuff from Target, you should ask her Smile I think she likes what she got. . .
Muz
Muz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 26 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20 ... 26  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum