CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

❁❁ Muz ❁❁

+40
MellowOne
WhosThatRedHead
Renny
authenticbeauty
coilykinks
Ebbz
jlowman1
priceless
zanajh
swoodward
curly-me-naturally
krazy coils
TMS
~JOME~
mrsmackey
CurlsGalore
HappyCurly
BrownSkinDiva
DvaAuNaturel
SheeTacular
tiashaunteé
mstokes2008
CocoEuro
Intelligentbeauty
poeticlyspkng
MahoganyCurls
Juices-n-Berries
neethair
Lynnieluve
LaToya28
NubieNatty
ktoliver5303
KinkyNappyHappy
ChrsLvsBks
sweetdrk1
BlondeByDesire
jcanalena79
CrissyQ
bholmes87
Muz
44 posters

Page 20 of 26 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 26  Next

Go down

❁❁ Muz ❁❁ - Page 20 Empty Re: ❁❁ Muz ❁❁

Post by priceless 12th July 2010, 11:48 pm

love the puff. someone getting more mulah money money money mon-ey lol congrats I am a little late but staopped by and got caught up
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 13th July 2010, 5:41 am

Nice fro puff! Now when are we going to see your beautiful face that you keep hiding. Lol. ❁❁ Muz ❁❁ - Page 20 Icon_smile
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 13th July 2010, 6:45 pm

CurlsGalore wrote:Hey Muz! Congrats on the job! That's great news! Your chunky twistout is cute and so is the fro puff! Your hair is growing nicely!

Thanks!! I was thinking of trying your style with the puff and a twistout in the front, maybe I'll try that when I take out these two strand twists I have in Smile

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:I like that puff ma'am...Looking good!!!

Thank ya kindly! Smile

nattyblog wrote:Hi! I love your puff! The flower is such a nice accent. Very Happy

Thanks! I think I may have to try making my own because they are cute, but I dont know if I want to keep paying $3-4 for them. Plus I can get more colors, they only had 3 in the store when I went. . .

poeticlyspkng wrote:Nice puff chica! And yes- the aloe vera juice is the one you can drink. It works as a laxative too apparently!

Are you liking your job?

Thanks! Ah, okay, I wasn't sure and that stuff isn't exactly cheap, so I decided not to get it.

The job is okay, it's not what I'm looking for, but it's better than sitting at home and not making any money. I do love that I get to do more research and writing (I drafted a motion last week, and he just gave me another one that's slightly more complicated to do, so I'm glad I'll have something to do), but I still want something full time preferably with benefits and then I'll keep working with this attorney for the experience and extra money.

sweetdrk1 wrote:love the puff!! that hair is coming along nicely! cheers for a paycheck!! God is good!

Thank you!! Smile

priceless wrote:love the puff. someone getting more mulah money money money mon-ey lol congrats I am a little late but staopped by and got caught up

LOL, thanks! It's not my money yet (stupid back bills), but it will be soon! LOL, and thanks for stopping by!
Juices-n-Berries wrote:Nice fro puff! Now when are we going to see your beautiful face that you keep hiding. Lol. ❁❁ Muz ❁❁ - Page 20 Icon_smile

Thanks! And I like being incognito tongue
Muz
Muz

http://muzikalhairjournal.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 13th July 2010, 7:13 pm

❁❁ Muz ❁❁ - Page 20 Dsc04610

The ingredients are:

• Deionized Water
  • Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter)*
  • Argan Oil
  • Cetyl Esters
  • Sea Kelp Extract
  • Panthenol (Vitamin B-5)
  • Ammonium Salt
  • Essential Oil Blend
  • Avocado Oil
  • Lonicera Caprifolium (Honeysuckle) Flower (and) Japonica (Japanese Honeysuckle) Flower extract
  • Tocopherol (Vitamin E)
  • Hyssopus Officinalis Extract
  • Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Leaf and Equisetum Arvense Extract
  • Soybean Oil
  • Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil

*Certified Organic Ingredient

Now as you can see, this product is supposed to be for Dry, Damaged hair. I don’t think my hair is or was particularly dry or damaged, but I’d seen other people on different sites raving about it, so I was excited to try it.

First thing is first, this stuff smells DELICIOUS. I wasn’t sure if I wanted to eat it or put it on my hair, and while it was on my hair, I kinda wanted to eat my hair. LOL. Also, the price was pretty reasonable at $9.99 for 12oz.

Other than the smell, this product disappointed me. It has a consistency like cake icing (the kind you buy at the store), but when you put it on it doesn’t feel nearly that thick unless you use a whole bunch of it. When I used it I left it on for 45 minutes to an hour. I tried it twice, once without heat, and once with heat. Neither result impressed me. My hair didn’t really feel particularly soft and/or moisturized afterwards.

The instructions state that you can also use this product as a leave-in, but I don’t think that will work if you aren’t doing something like twists. I tried it as a leave in for a wash n go, but it’s too heavy for that. That may have been my own heavy-handedness more than it was the product, but I applied the same amount as I do of my Garnier Fructis leave in. I had sat under the dryer to expedite the drying process because I was gonna go somewhere later that day and didn’t really want to roll out with wet hair, and it was drying WHITE (if you remember my KCCC experience, you know I HATE that), so I ended up rinsing it out like it was just a DC and my hair did fine.

So basically, I don’t think this product was really all that moisturizing. I will try to use up what I have but I will probably add honey and EVOO to it to see if I get better results.

I will not be repurchasing this product. Heck, I might give away what I have, I don’t know. . . LOL. Anyone wanna trade?

I give this product 2/5 Afros for the smell and the price.
Muz
Muz

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 13th July 2010, 7:53 pm

Hey Muz I have this deep treatment but I didn't use it as a deep conditioner. I used it as a leave-in on my twists. I got definition but not a lot of hold so I'm still experimenting with this one.
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 13th July 2010, 8:04 pm

Hey, I'm local and I'll buy it from ya. My husband LOVES that stuff!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 13th July 2010, 8:27 pm

Good review! I wasn't very impressed with this either. It did nothing for my hair and the smell bothers me. I dunno, its weird. I was hoping this could be my HG deep conditioner but it looks like I'm back on the market again. lol
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by mstokes2008 13th July 2010, 9:16 pm

Hey Muz! I wasn't impressed with this product either. It disappointed me lol and left me still looking for a DT.
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 14th July 2010, 1:02 pm

Hey Muz!!

Excellent review, and you express my sentiment exactly about this product. I gave it to my play sister to use on my niece. There are a few curlies that live by this stuff, but it didn't do anything for hair. ❁❁ Muz ❁❁ - Page 20 Icon_scratch

Love the smell though!!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 14th July 2010, 2:15 pm

awww...sorry you didn't have good results with it. i love it though.
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 14th July 2010, 5:04 pm

great review...I haven't had the experience with any of the products. I will definitely think twice now..thanks!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 14th July 2010, 8:40 pm

Thanks for the scoop on this one! I've used the Shea Moisture Conditioning Milk & the Moisture Mist; I like those a lot. But, something made me hold back on this conditioner...hmmm! LOL
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 15th July 2010, 4:14 pm

krazy coils wrote:Hey Muz I have this deep treatment but I didn't use it as a deep conditioner. I used it as a leave-in on my twists. I got definition but not a lot of hold so I'm still experimenting with this one.

Hmmm, well I like my shea butter mix for my twists, and I'd hate to use that stuff to do my twists and hate it and then end up having to re-do them. . .

poeticlyspkng wrote:Hey, I'm local and I'll buy it from ya. My husband LOVES that stuff!

I'll see if my mom wants it, if not you guys can have it It's probably a little over half-way full. LOL

jlowman1 wrote:Good review! I wasn't very impressed with this either. It did nothing for my hair and the smell bothers me. I dunno, its weird. I was hoping this could be my HG deep conditioner but it looks like I'm back on the market again. lol

I love the smell, I'm not so crazy about the rest of it. . . So far nothing has really replaced my ORS Replenishing conditioner as my DC, especially not since I've started adding Raw Honey and EVOO to it, my hair LOVES that stuff.

mstokes2008 wrote:Hey Muz! I wasn't impressed with this product either. It disappointed me lol and left me still looking for a DT.

I'm just glad it wasn't just me ~lol~
KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Hey Muz!!

Excellent review, and you express my sentiment exactly about this product. I gave it to my play sister to use on my niece. There are a few curlies that live by this stuff, but it didn't do anything for hair. ❁❁ Muz ❁❁ - Page 20 Icon_scratch

Love the smell though!!!

KNH

Thanks! I wish I would have loved it as much as the shampoo. . . but alas it wasn't meant to be. . .

CocaColaCutie wrote:awww...sorry you didn't have good results with it. i love it though.

I'm sorry too, $10 is a lot to me right now! LOL, but hey you live and you learn Razz Smile

sweetdrk1 wrote:great review...I haven't had the experience with any of the products. I will definitely think twice now..thanks!

Thanks! I would say see if you can find someone who has it and would let you try i before you get it. But I do love the Brilliant Curl Shampoo Smile

TheRYL1 wrote:Thanks for the scoop on this one! I've used the Shea Moisture Conditioning Milk & the Moisture Mist; I like those a lot. But, something made me hold back on this conditioner...hmmm! LOL

I was looking at the conditioning milk in Target, but I wanted an actual CONDITIONER and that's more of a styler. Have you done a review on them? I'd love to read it if so, just point me in the right direction Smile
Muz
Muz

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 17th July 2010, 1:00 pm

❁❁ Muz ❁❁ - Page 20 July1710

Gotta love shrinkage. . .
Muz
Muz

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 18th July 2010, 12:01 pm

I'm kinda tired of twists and twist outs, so I decided to stop being lazy and do some bantu-knots. Trying to do them on my hair while wet and letting them dry (how I usually did it while transitioning) was NOT working at all, so I ended up banding my hair (as seen above) to stretch it and let it dry. Then when it was mostly dry I took them out in sections (less intimidating that way) and combed them out (to detangle) before running a cool drier over the section to get it a little more dry. Then I did a two strand twist and knotted it (sometimes the sections had to be split in smaller sections).

Since my hair is still relatively "short" (to me anyway) and I didn't want to do a bunch of really small sections (laziness again I suppose ~lol~) I just used my ponytail holders that I use to band my hair to hold them (I didn't want to use bobby pins).

I forgot how uncomfortable it is to sleep on bantu-knots, I don't relish doing it again tonight, but these suckers are coming out first thing tomorrow morning. LOL.

Pics:

❁❁ Muz ❁❁ - Page 20 July1810

❁❁ Muz ❁❁ - Page 20 July1811

❁❁ Muz ❁❁ - Page 20 July1812
Reveal is tomorrow (I hope I like it!)
Muz
Muz

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 19th July 2010, 9:09 am

❁❁ Muz ❁❁ - Page 20 July1910

❁❁ Muz ❁❁ - Page 20 July1911

❁❁ Muz ❁❁ - Page 20 July1912

❁❁ Muz ❁❁ - Page 20 July1913
Muz
Muz

Back to top Go down

Post by nattyblog 19th July 2010, 12:57 pm

Saw your avi somewheres else and had to come in! Your hair looks divine!!
nattyblog
nattyblog

http://naturalgeek.onsugar.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 19th July 2010, 1:08 pm

nattyblog wrote:Saw your avi somewheres else and had to come in! Your hair looks divine!!

Thanks Smile
Muz
Muz

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 20th July 2010, 5:34 am

I agree with Nattyblog. Saw your avi and had to run over here to see how your hair was doing.

It looks great!! I love the naked hair!! Looks very healthy and moisturized. Keep up the good work!! ❁❁ Muz ❁❁ - Page 20 Icon_biggrin
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 20th July 2010, 7:56 am

Love the new avi Muz!
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 20th July 2010, 11:46 am

Lovely BKO!!! I would love to try that some time. I did it once, I think improperly and it was a massive fail. May give it another go soon! I'm getting mine straightened and ends trimmed this week. I'm a little scared!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 20th July 2010, 12:03 pm

Intelligentbeauty wrote:I agree with Nattyblog. Saw your avi and had to run over here to see how your hair was doing.

It looks great!! I love the naked hair!! Looks very healthy and moisturized. Keep up the good work!! ❁❁ Muz ❁❁ - Page 20 Icon_biggrin

Thank you! I am in love with my hair, so I guess that's why it's acting right most of the time ~lol~

krazy coils wrote:Love the new avi Muz!

Thank you!!

poeticlyspkng wrote:Lovely BKO!!! I would love to try that some time. I did it once, I think improperly and it was a massive fail. May give it another go soon! I'm getting mine straightened and ends trimmed this week. I'm a little scared!

You should give it another shot! I'm loving this style right now.

I was going to try to do it on wet hair, but I just didn't feel like it
after doing like 4 knots. LOL, so I banded it to stretch it out and let it dry, after
that I ran a cool drier over it (I know that's a no-no, but I wanted it
more dry and more detangled), then I two strand twisted and bantu-knotted it using some
ponytail holders to hold the knots together since I'm afraid of metal
bobby pins now
(LOL) and they stayed in all day Sunday. Then I took
them out yesterday morning, separated a little more to cover some of the
parts, and put it up in a puff.

I didn't use anything as far as a styler, I just did my moisture sealing
routine like I did when I was transitioning using Garnier Fructis as my
water based leave in, Castor Oil as my Oil, and ORS Olive Oil
Moisturizing Hair Lotion as my cream. That's it. It's just
REAAAAAAALLLLLLLY soft, and I don't like to sleep pretty, so I ended up putting some back in last night.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here's my hair after I got home last night (I took it out of the puff and it be free ~lol~) thanks to the humidity. I think it's because I didn't set it with anything last time (as in a styler). So I re-did the knots last night using my ORS Wrap and Set mousse (and no water, I didn't want it to shrink up too much, and the Mousse had it really moisturized. It's a little humid today too, so I'll post my before and after pics after I get home.

❁❁ Muz ❁❁ - Page 20 Humidi10

It was puffy as heck, but it was sooooooooooooo soft. If it puffs up like that today, I might just pick it out and rock a fro tomorrow because I do NOT feel like trying to sleep with bantu-knots again, I woke up this morning at like 3:30 AM and couldn't get back to sleep. LOL
Muz
Muz

Back to top Go down

Post by mstokes2008 20th July 2010, 10:27 pm

Muz I love that BKO!!! It looks really good!! lol at sleeping pretty- I don't either. but it looks so soft today!
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 21st July 2010, 1:20 am

I'm loving the BKO!!!

I've never slept pretty... even when I had a relaxer... never worked for me
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 21st July 2010, 7:23 pm

mstokes2008 wrote:Muz I love that BKO!!! It looks really good!! lol at sleeping pretty- I don't either. but it looks so soft today!

Thank you! Girl, it's SUPER soft, I think I'm going to have to go back to using my Castor Oil every week, I'd been using EVOO because I thought Castor Oil may be too heavy, that may only be for WNGs. I'll try a CO WNG this weekend maybe. . . You know Rachel Ray's "smell-a-vision" I wish we had "Touch-a-vision" ~lol~ My mom asked me to touch my hair yesterday (the second time she's done that) You'd think she wasn't natural! I told her she could if her hands were clean Laughing
WhosThatRedHead wrote:I'm loving the BKO!!!

I've never slept pretty... even when I had a relaxer... never worked for me

Sleeping Pretty = Me not sleeping. I can't do it, it was the same way when I was relaxed. The difference is, natural hair is more apt to stay through all of that ~lol~ The re-done Bantu-Knot out is still holding strong, and it was pretty humid today.
Muz
Muz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 26 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 26  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum