CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Type 4's....where you at?

+23
Majesnic
Fen
TriniCherryPrincess
BattleKat
jessimae
wyldhoney
tressedforsuccess
jolie.nappy972
SiiSii94
VonAngel
infinitecrimson4
Songwriter88
jamaicanmecurly
Moniero
Ms.Fenty
NhappyJackie
Juices-n-Berries
Neems
BrownSkinDiva
MissFierce21
Lynnieluve
Erica5417
modelnik
27 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Type 4's....where you at? - Page 3 Empty Re: Type 4's....where you at?

Post by Neems 15th June 2010, 2:51 pm

I actually have no clue what 4 type I am. Right now my hair is doing its own thing. After it is washed there is no definitive curl pattern. My friends and family have described it as one big cotton ball. Actually a couple of guys were curious and thought it was okay to touch it, lol. The things people do when under the influence of alcohol. Anyway, if anyone can figure it out, I would love to know what type you think my hair is.
This is my hair rolled under for a party.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
A random twist-out from a couple of weeks ago. Sorry for the blur.
Neems
Neems

http://neemsnthings.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by BattleKat 16th June 2010, 11:37 pm

I am a 4 and this thread was very helpful. I'm still trying to find what works for me. The information on Dew points was very helpful as well.
BattleKat
BattleKat

Back to top Go down

Post by jolie.nappy972 17th June 2010, 1:37 am

hey girls I've a website with the different hair types
http://www.naturallycurly.com/hair-types
jolie.nappy972
jolie.nappy972

http://nappymadinina.blogspot.com    http://members.fotki.com/jo

Back to top Go down

Post by TriniCherryPrincess 23rd June 2010, 12:24 pm

Any 4s use the Blended Beauty or Bee Mine lines? I plan on purchasing samples from each. I'm curious if anyone has good things to say.
TriniCherryPrincess
TriniCherryPrincess

http://www.AllThingsLena.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Fen 23rd June 2010, 5:33 pm

TriniCherryPrincess wrote:Any 4s use the Blended Beauty or Bee Mine lines? I plan on purchasing samples from each. I'm curious if anyone has good things to say.

I've tried the Curly Butter and Luscious Balanced Cream Moisturizer and they work really well for my hair Smile. The Curly Butter is softening and a good styler for my twists, braids, etc. and the Luscious Balanced Cream Moisturizer keeps my hair moist and makes it plush, like a cottonball lol.

Fen

Back to top Go down

Post by Majesnic 24th June 2010, 12:24 pm

For condish im currently using Herbal Essences Its a Curl Thing which i think is the UK version of Totally Twisted (why are the names so different?????) . I use this because its moisturising it detangles and its easy to get hold of when im doing my food shopping. Though I absolutely love Pantene's Relaxed and Natural Intensive Hair Mask but its more difficult to get hold of as not all the afro hair shops stock that line.

i did try the Curls line to see if it was moisturising im not that impressed and wont be repurchasing. I would like to try the Curl Junkie line one day it sounds very moisturising and thats more what im focused on. Qhemets is hard to get here as they dont ship internationally so there is an option to buy it from a stockist in Europe but the exchange rate between the Euro to the pound is ridiculous plus the postage makes it seriously expensive! There is a hairdressers in South London that does it but they are often out of stock and its one purchase per customer so im still yet to try

Majesnic

Back to top Go down

Post by TriniCherryPrincess 24th June 2010, 12:36 pm

Fen wrote:
TriniCherryPrincess wrote:Any 4s use the Blended Beauty or Bee Mine lines? I plan on purchasing samples from each. I'm curious if anyone has good things to say.

I've tried the Curly Butter and Luscious Balanced Cream Moisturizer and they work really well for my hair Smile. The Curly Butter is softening and a good styler for my twists, braids, etc. and the Luscious Balanced Cream Moisturizer keeps my hair moist and makes it plush, like a cottonball lol.

Ok, that's good to know! Were those from the Bee Mine line?
TriniCherryPrincess
TriniCherryPrincess

Back to top Go down

Post by Fen 24th June 2010, 1:00 pm

TriniCherryPrincess wrote:
Fen wrote:

Sorry, I should of clarified first. Yes, those are from the Bee Mine line.

Fen

Back to top Go down

Post by TriniCherryPrincess 24th June 2010, 1:48 pm

Fen wrote:
Fen wrote:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Cool. So did you only use the products when you were doing something with your hair? For example, say you were doing a twist-out. You would use the curly butter to comb through your hair and set it but after that if you were wearing day 2-day 4 hair you wouldn't apply anymore, you'd use something else during those days. Am I close or am I way off?
TriniCherryPrincess
TriniCherryPrincess

Back to top Go down

Post by Fen 24th June 2010, 3:02 pm

Fen wrote:
Fen wrote:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Cool. So did you only use the products when you were doing something with your hair? For example, say you were doing a twist-out. You would use the curly butter to comb through your hair and set it but after that if you were wearing day 2-day 4 hair you wouldn't apply anymore, you'd use something else during those days. Am I close or am I way off?

I may apply a little product every now and then, after the initial application Smile.

Fen

Back to top Go down

Post by TriniCherryPrincess 24th June 2010, 3:58 pm

Fen wrote:
Fen wrote:
Fen wrote:

I may apply a little product every now and then, after the initial application Smile.
Sounds good.
TriniCherryPrincess
TriniCherryPrincess

Back to top Go down

Post by RosiiB 26th June 2010, 5:37 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Hey 4 types ladies!! Smile
I have a quick question what is a good way to avoid shedding! It seems like I am experiencing that a lot, mostly when I detangle. I always detangle with conditioner while my hair is still pretty wet and I still have lots of shedding and breakage. I DC once a week and try to keep my hair moisturized always. Sad HELP!! I have been natural about 10 months now and I'm still having problems.
RosiiB
RosiiB

Back to top Go down

Post by envizionj 16th July 2010, 1:25 am

RosiiB, when you detangle, always use a wide tooth comb and gently comb the ends and work your hair up to the middle. Take small sections of your hair and detangle it. Where do you live? You should look for a local Indian Grocery store in your area and get some Hesh Amla powder (aka Indian Gooseberry). It will stop the breakage and strengthen your hair. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Hesh Amla Powder has the following advantages:
- Promotes hair growth
- Controls hair fall
- Cures scalp infection
- Controls premature graying of hair

envizionj
envizionj

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturally Esq 16th July 2010, 12:12 pm

Re RosiiB Shedding: Shedding is a normal process and will continue throughout your life. You should shed about 50-100 strands of hair. If you are seeing more, then it could indicate a health issue. Here are some links to this website:

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/general-f3/shedding-t4778.htm?highlight=shedding

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/general-f3/shedding-t3823.htm?highlight=shedding

HTH
Naturally Esq
Naturally Esq

Back to top Go down

Post by HappyCurly 18th July 2010, 11:23 pm

trini cherry princess: make sure you read and research the ingredients on the lines. blended beauties has some type of product that has potassium hydroxide in it. i think that product is one of the leave in ones.

i've never tried either line.

HappyCurly

Back to top Go down

Post by TriniCherryPrincess 20th July 2010, 8:14 pm

HappyCurly wrote:trini cherry princess: make sure you read and research the ingredients on the lines. blended beauties has some type of product that has potassium hydroxide in it. i think that product is one of the leave in ones.

i've never tried either line.
Thanks for the heads up!
TriniCherryPrincess
TriniCherryPrincess

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3