CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Taking the Henna plunge!!

3 posters

Go down

Taking the Henna plunge!! Empty Taking the Henna plunge!!

Post by aero21 6th March 2010, 10:15 pm

I just ordered 200 grams Jamilla 2009 henna from butters-n-bars!!!I am nervous yet excited at the same time!! My hair is almost BSB, so is 200 grams enough? In the henna for hair e-book it said 300 grams for shoulder length hair, but that sounded like a bit much to me.
I have been transitioning since Oct. 2008 and this will be my first time hennaing. I have been reading about henna for over a year now and have always wanted to try it but always put it off. Now I am actually going trough with it!! I will be using curly nikki's henna mix recipe. Any advice is appreciated!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

aero21

Back to top Go down

Taking the Henna plunge!! Empty Re: Taking the Henna plunge!!

Post by DreamMerchant 6th March 2010, 10:29 pm

My hair is BSL and I use two boxes of henna. I think each box is 100g. So 200g sounds about right! I like CN recipe and procedure. I did it on my third henna and it came out great. The only advice I have is that if you plan on sleeping with it in your hair all night, make sure all of your hair is covered in plastic. If not, then you will have dry henna in your hair and it is kind of hard to get out when it is crunchy and dry!
DreamMerchant
DreamMerchant

http://public.fotki.com/DreamMerchant/

Back to top Go down

Post by R2D2 6th March 2010, 10:42 pm

My hair is almost BSL and I use 150g-200g henna. I would suggest 200g for you for your first attempt and you can freeze any left overs in a ziplock bag for future treatments.

I think the CN recipe is a great way to start off - nice and simple, not too complicated!
R2D2
R2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by aero21 7th March 2010, 6:20 pm

Thanks for your responses!!! I will stick with using 200 grams.

aero21

Back to top Go down

Post by aero21 11th March 2010, 5:29 pm

Got my henna today!! Im so excited im going to mix it up and apply it either tonight or in the am.

aero21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down