CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Afraid to take the Henna Plunge

5 posters

Go down

Afraid to take the Henna Plunge Empty Afraid to take the Henna Plunge

Post by Curly Film Chick 29th December 2009, 7:26 pm

So I really want to try henna but I'm afraid of a few things:

-not mixing it correctly
-it severely drying out my hair
-having my bathroom a permanent mess due to the dye
-it smelling horrible - I'm not a fan of bad smells
- me doing all the work and it makes no effect on my hair

I think I need some support [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Curly Film Chick
Curly Film Chick

http://www.quirkycurlyfilmchick.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Afraid to take the Henna Plunge Empty Re: Afraid to take the Henna Plunge

Post by AfrikanLatina 29th December 2009, 11:58 pm

- Make the mix as simple as possible for your first go round. Steep some green tea bags in distilled water, let it cool, and add it to your henna.

- YOU MUST DC afterwards and if possible leave it on overnight. If that's not an option try sitting under the dryer for 45 minutes to an hour or just do some housework and work up some body heat under a plastic cap.

-Its really not that messy unless you make it too runny and it drips all over the place. Do make sure you wear gloves!!

-It doesn't have the best smell but try adding an EO to the mix to help with that.

-It could very well take more than one treatment for you to fully notice the benefits of henna but its so worth it in my opinion. Make sure you get a good quality(BAQ) henna and make sure its not expired.
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly Film Chick 30th December 2009, 2:23 pm

what henna should I really buy? Like where from?
Curly Film Chick
Curly Film Chick

Back to top Go down

Post by natural83 1st January 2010, 7:15 pm

Girl you should definitely go for it! I was kind of skeptical at first, but I knew I wanted to do it after seeing the results of how it has grown so many people's hair, especially Curly Nikki's! That was my motivation to do it! I was sort of nervous, for the same exact reasons you were. What I did is I followed CurlyNikki's video pictorial to the tee! And everything worked out fine! I did my first henna treatment in November, and plan to do them at least once a month from here on out! I really want to try doing them twice a month for the first 6 months of the year....Im just so anxious to see the results! LOL! I can definitely say that my hair likes henna, so that's a good thing!

Go ahead and take the plunge...you won't regret it! And if in doubt, there's sooo much support on this site, and you can always ask questions if you're unsure about it!
natural83
natural83

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 1st January 2010, 7:25 pm

I was terrified before my first time-afraid my hair would fall out and everything but it was not bad at all. Here is my experience:
Trying Henna for the first time
My First Henna
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by NoPhonyPony 3rd January 2010, 1:00 am

i'm sitting here with henna in my hair under all sorts of saran wrap and bags and scarves and stuff. this is my first time. the one thing that's both frustrating and encouraging about this whole henna business is that it seems that just about EVERYONE does it differently. some people use green tea, some people use lemon juice, some people use vinegar, some people use other powders, etc. etc. what works for someone else may not work for me but the only way to know is to try (if it doesn't work, at least i'll know for the future). i was also super concerned about the mess factor and it wasn't bad at all but i had everything ready and figured out each step before i started. i hope that it has positive effects on my hair but even if it doesn't, at least i'll have tried it.

good luck!!
NoPhonyPony
NoPhonyPony

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly Film Chick 3rd January 2010, 2:07 pm

Thanks everyone!

Somehow, I'm going to try it. I think how people mix it is what really confuses me since everyone does it different
Curly Film Chick
Curly Film Chick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down