CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Black soap

+14
LadyMika
Beautifulyfe
Hollis
QuietButterfly
KurlyK
curly+kinky+fierce
naturallyme09
.nikki.b.
bmari3
Blex
Blackdoll83
ishmaygrandchild
lexibugg004
chocolate-kinks
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Black soap Empty Black soap

Post by chocolate-kinks 1st March 2010, 5:03 am

I don't know if its only me, but black soap burns like hell. When I'm washing my hair or face with it and the fumes go to my eyes it BURNS, I MEAN BURNNNNNNNNN! like pepper.
chocolate-kinks
chocolate-kinks

Back to top Go down

Black soap Empty Re: Black soap

Post by lexibugg004 1st March 2010, 5:55 am

yeah m husband said the same thing, but more of a tingle
lexibugg004
lexibugg004

Back to top Go down

Post by chocolate-kinks 1st March 2010, 6:13 am

No mines burns. It''s like I'm afraid to open my eyes until I get the entire thing out. Even when applying I close my eyes as tight as can be.
chocolate-kinks
chocolate-kinks

Back to top Go down

Post by lexibugg004 1st March 2010, 6:34 am

sweetie, you may have to let that one go!!! does it irritate your skin, rash, bumps or anything????
lexibugg004
lexibugg004

Back to top Go down

Post by ishmaygrandchild 1st March 2010, 10:21 am

Stop using it; it sounds like it's too strong for you
ishmaygrandchild
ishmaygrandchild

Back to top Go down

Post by chocolate-kinks 1st March 2010, 8:23 pm

ishmaygrandchild wrote:Stop using it; it sounds like it's too strong for you

I should stop doing that, the only problem is that it leaves my hair really nice. When I use shampoo my hair is really rough and brittle. I may just have to invest in a non sulfate shampoo.
chocolate-kinks
chocolate-kinks

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackdoll83 1st March 2010, 11:38 pm

@chocolate-kinks are you using 100% authentic raw black soap? the reason why i ask is bc when i first heard of black soap (i was about 16) i couldnt wait to try it- I went to 125th street and brought a individual very nicely pacakged bar of "black soap" from a street vender. When i opened the nice packacge the bar was literally the color jet black and it smelled verry heavely of purfume. I had bad acne in my teenage years and i heard that the black soap would be my savior- needless to say it wreaked havoc on my skinnn!!!oh man my skin was very irritated by it ande. I stopped using it.
Now about 10 years later lol as i am learning and reaserching about my hair and natural products to use I came across the infamous "black soap" suggestion- for skin and hair. After thoughly researching it- i come to learn that all black soap out there is not really "black soap"
Real black soap is actually different shades of brown and is sold in a big old chunk- that just has clear wrap on it. Not pretty at all-Not to gross anyone out but it truely looks like something that comes out of your body-lol- When i first brought it i was like "ill- im supposed to get CLEAN with this?" I have been using that one for just over a week now and it has been quite soothing. the scent of "100% raw black soap" - is verry light it smells a little earthy maybe leaffy i guess- thats y i asked you if you sure you are using the real deal because the scent is verry veryy light.
Blackdoll83
Blackdoll83

Back to top Go down

Post by chocolate-kinks 2nd March 2010, 12:57 am

Blackdoll83 wrote:@chocolate-kinks are you using 100% authentic raw black soap? the reason why i ask is bc when i first heard of black soap (i was about 16) i couldnt wait to try it- I went to 125th street and brought a individual very nicely pacakged bar of "black soap" from a street vender. When i opened the nice packacge the bar was literally the color jet black and it smelled verry heavely of purfume. I had bad acne in my teenage years and i heard that the black soap would be my savior- needless to say it wreaked havoc on my skinnn!!!oh man my skin was very irritated by it ande. I stopped using it.
Now about 10 years later lol as i am learning and reaserching about my hair and natural products to use I came across the infamous "black soap" suggestion- for skin and hair. After thoughly researching it- i come to learn that all black soap out there is not really "black soap"
Real black soap is actually different shades of brown and is sold in a big old chunk- that just has clear wrap on it. Not pretty at all-Not to gross anyone out but it truely looks like something that comes out of your body-lol- When i first brought it i was like "ill- im supposed to get CLEAN with this?" I have been using that one for just over a week now and it has been quite soothing. the scent of "100% raw black soap" - is verry light it smells a little earthy maybe leaffy i guess- thats y i asked you if you sure you are using the real deal because the scent is verry veryy light.

Yep that sure is it. It's brownish and it lathers, but as soon as you stop rubbing the suds start to die down. It is the 100 percent pure natural black soap made in Ghana.
chocolate-kinks
chocolate-kinks

Back to top Go down

Post by chocolate-kinks 2nd March 2010, 12:59 am

lexibugg004 wrote:sweetie, you may have to let that one go!!! does it irritate your skin, rash, bumps or anything????

No not that I realize. All I notice is that my eyes burn a lot.
chocolate-kinks
chocolate-kinks

Back to top Go down

Post by Blex 3rd March 2010, 9:43 pm

I just got one and it doesn't burn my whole face but around my eyes it burns like hell! I've been just closing my eyes and rubbing all over my face and my eye lids and all around was on fire! Apparently it's not for the eye area! And after a few days my skin was so dry it was literally peeling, and I have oily skin, and would would moisturize after! But its been working ok for my body.
Blex
Blex

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackdoll83 3rd March 2010, 10:29 pm

im sitting here tryna figure out if my face is breaking out from it slowly or not0 i cant tell if these pimples are like from it or not- its not like i went to sleep with smooth skin after washing my face with it and woke up with 20 pimples. i feel like i might be getting a gradual breakout but im not sure- its weird bc if its to strong for me i would expect it to burn like you ladies are discribing but it actually
"seems" mild- i dunno. I usually use cetaphil daily cleanser for my face but i switched to this black soap about a week and a half ago- im so confused- i just want my skin to look decent esp- since i have such short hair.....
Blackdoll83
Blackdoll83

Back to top Go down

Post by chocolate-kinks 3rd March 2010, 11:37 pm

Blex wrote:I just got one and it doesn't burn my whole face but around my eyes it burns like hell! I've been just closing my eyes and rubbing all over my face and my eye lids and all around was on fire! Apparently it's not for the eye area! And after a few days my skin was so dry it was literally peeling, and I have oily skin, and would would moisturize after! But its been working ok for my body.

Same with me. My acne seems to be diminishing which is great. I know its not for your eyes, but dag it really burns around my eye area.
chocolate-kinks
chocolate-kinks

Back to top Go down

Post by chocolate-kinks 3rd March 2010, 11:44 pm

Blackdoll83 wrote:im sitting here tryna figure out if my face is breaking out from it slowly or not0 i cant tell if these pimples are like from it or not- its not like i went to sleep with smooth skin after washing my face with it and woke up with 20 pimples. i feel like i might be getting a gradual breakout but im not sure- its weird bc if its to strong for me i would expect it to burn like you ladies are discribing but it actually
"seems" mild- i dunno. I usually use cetaphil daily cleanser for my face but i switched to this black soap about a week and a half ago- im so confused- i just want my skin to look decent esp- since i have such short hair.....

Well I've never heard of someone breaking out from black soap. Are you eating a lot of sweets, or drinking enough water?
chocolate-kinks
chocolate-kinks

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackdoll83 4th March 2010, 2:18 am

@chocolate-kinks I am drinking a lot of water. I just started to actually too - ive been drinking only water for about 1 month and a half now- actually now that u mention it- i have been eating a lot of sweets the past week i didnt even think about that- so that might be what it is- i guess ill try the black soap for another week or so and cut down on the sugar n c how it goes.
Blackdoll83
Blackdoll83

Back to top Go down

Post by chocolate-kinks 4th March 2010, 2:47 am

Blackdoll83 wrote:@chocolate-kinks I am drinking a lot of water. I just started to actually too - ive been drinking only water for about 1 month and a half now- actually now that u mention it- i have been eating a lot of sweets the past week i didnt even think about that- so that might be what it is- i guess ill try the black soap for another week or so and cut down on the sugar n c how it goes.

Oh okay. Well that might be the issue. I heard another reason for acne is if your stressed out a lot.
chocolate-kinks
chocolate-kinks

Back to top Go down

Post by chocolate-kinks 4th March 2010, 3:06 pm

Blackdoll83 wrote:@chocolate-kinks I am drinking a lot of water. I just started to actually too - ive been drinking only water for about 1 month and a half now- actually now that u mention it- i have been eating a lot of sweets the past week i didnt even think about that- so that might be what it is- i guess ill try the black soap for another week or so and cut down on the sugar n c how it goes.

Another thing is that you have to be careful with the products you use on your hair. Depending on the products you use in your hair if your sweat and the products runs into your face, you can have a break out also.
chocolate-kinks
chocolate-kinks

Back to top Go down

Post by bmari3 4th March 2010, 5:54 pm

I love the black soap but that is one thing that I do not love about it is how it can burn your eyes. I was raving to a friend of mine about how much I loved it and that is one thing that she did warn me about was that you have to be careful because it will burn your eyes. She is from Ghana.. Wish I would have known that beforehand. lol.. Good luck with everything I hope it all works out for you.
bmari3
bmari3

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackdoll83 4th March 2010, 7:23 pm

stress and products on hair- got it... ill try to keep bothe to a minumum thx chocolate- kinks.. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Blackdoll83
Blackdoll83

Back to top Go down

Post by .nikki.b. 4th March 2010, 8:13 pm

I recently bought some black soap called african black soap shea butter. It dosent make my eyes burn but I found that if I don't Moisturize really good with something like shea butter it dries my face out. But I am a little suspicious that it may be giving me a break out. I'm not completely sure because I just got my eyebrows waxed and sometimes I break out due to the wax. And its only around my brows and not anywhere else. But I'm going to continue to use it and see what happens.
.nikki.b.
.nikki.b.

https://www.facebook.com/people/Shanikque-Brand/575929029

Back to top Go down

Post by chocolate-kinks 5th March 2010, 4:26 am

Blackdoll83 wrote:stress and products on hair- got it... ill try to keep bothe to a minumum thx chocolate- kinks.. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

You welcome dear
chocolate-kinks
chocolate-kinks

Back to top Go down

Post by chocolate-kinks 5th March 2010, 4:30 am

.nikki.b. wrote:I recently bought some black soap called african black soap shea butter. It dosent make my eyes burn but I found that if I don't Moisturize really good with something like shea butter it dries my face out. But I am a little suspicious that it may be giving me a break out. I'm not completely sure because I just got my eyebrows waxed and sometimes I break out due to the wax. And its only around my brows and not anywhere else. But I'm going to continue to use it and see what happens.

Yeah it could be the wax. Give it maybe another week and see.
chocolate-kinks
chocolate-kinks

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallyme09 5th March 2010, 11:04 am

I've been using black soap twice a day for about a week now. I notice that I have small pimples popping up on my cheeks and chin. My face was clear before I started using the black soap. My acne has been controlled with Neutrogena Skin ID, but I stopped using it to see if the black soap really works for me. Is it normal for pimples to appear if I normally do not get pimples? How many weeks does it take to show results?
naturallyme09
naturallyme09

Back to top Go down

Post by chocolate-kinks 5th March 2010, 12:50 pm

naturallyme09 wrote:I've been using black soap twice a day for about a week now. I notice that I have small pimples popping up on my cheeks and chin. My face was clear before I started using the black soap. My acne has been controlled with Neutrogena Skin ID, but I stopped using it to see if the black soap really works for me. Is it normal for pimples to appear if I normally do not get pimples? How many weeks does it take to show results?

Well I've never really experienced pumps from the soap I think. From when I began using it my fce started to dry out which dried out the acne. What I overheard is that when someone uses proactive, they have to continuosly use it because they can brake out 5 times worst. I'm not sure if the same thing applies for Skin ID so I'm not sure.
chocolate-kinks
chocolate-kinks

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackdoll83 5th March 2010, 3:12 pm

@naturallyme09- Yea - I have been using it for about 2 weeks now and i noticed little pimples on my cheek as well- i wasnt sure if it was the black soap either bc my skin is never completely smooth/clear. It probably is due to the black soap. I told myself that i will use it for a few more days- probably till sunday- to see if my skin improves at all. I did notice today tho it appears that some of those little pimples on my cheeks are getting smaller. Like i said ill give it a few more days....
Blackdoll83
Blackdoll83

Back to top Go down

Post by curly+kinky+fierce 5th March 2010, 5:32 pm

honey honey! that black soap tore my eyes up!!!!!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] but it does wonders for my face..i have oily,acne prone skin and prior to using the black soap i just got off of birth control and the products in my hair would get on my face...so basically i had some hellish breakouts and scars...

when i started using the black soap my face started to clear in a matter of a week..and my complexion is the best it has ever been... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] the breakouts are decreasing...and the scars have dramatically evened out into my natural skin tone...

i still get breakouts ...(i think its due to the fact that im no longer on bc and my skin is adjusting)..but my face is def the best its ever been ..esp without the use of stuff like Proactiv
curly+kinky+fierce
curly+kinky+fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next