CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Challenge #7 Abs Diet Power

+3
FemmeFox
CocaColaCutie
neethair
7 posters

Go down

Challenge #7 Abs Diet Power Empty Challenge #7 Abs Diet Power

Post by neethair 18th February 2010, 8:25 pm

I came across the ABS DIET POWER. These are power foods that can help flatten your belly.

A- Almonds (and other nuts, eat them with their nutrient-rich skins intact.)
B- Beans (and other legumes, soybeans, chickpeas, pinto, navy, kidney, lima)
S- Spinach (and other green vegs)
D- Dairy (fat-free or low-lat milk, yogurt, cheese, cottage cheese)
I- Instant Oatmeal
E- Eggs
T- Turkey (and other lean protein, lean steak, chicken, fish)
P- Peanut Butter (all-natural, sugar-free)
O- Oliver Oil
W- Whole Grains (breads and cereals)
E- Extra Protein Powder (whey)
R- Raspberries (and other berries)

The challenge is to add at least six (or as many as possible) of these powerfoods to your diet each day. Share with us what power foods you ate on a daily, every other day or for the week (however often you can).

Eating these power foods and doing abs excercises your belly will be flat in no time. Two piece here I come [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]. OK maybe tankini here I come.
neethair
neethair

Back to top Go down

Challenge #7 Abs Diet Power Empty Re: Challenge #7 Abs Diet Power

Post by CocaColaCutie 19th February 2010, 2:17 pm

Oh cool. Me likey the ABSDIETPOWER! I feel like I've been doing this without even knowing it!

Today I've had 100 cal pack of almonds and stonyfields probiotic fat free strawberry yogurt. I've got a pack of weight control maple and brown sugar oatmeal on my desk for a snack later!

Now if I could just do some Ab Ripper X, I'd be on track!
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 19th February 2010, 3:28 pm

Loves it! My belly is where most of my weight seems to want to hang out (that and my chest but I ain't complainin about that!!!). Flat abs here I come!
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 22nd February 2010, 2:47 pm

Great post, thanks. I had eggs as part of my breakfast. I will eat a cashew, almond, raisin mix pre-workout. I plan to eat spinach with dinner.

I am going grocery shopping tomorrow. I will incorporate these foods in my diet. My stomach area is smaller than a few weeks ago. I can definitely benefit from more exercise and eating the proper foods.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 22nd February 2010, 9:27 pm

This is a great list of things to add to my daily intake!!! Thanks for this info! I don't really have much of these at my house right now but I will definitely make a conscious effort to make those part of my grocery list next time I go out.
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by neethair 23rd February 2010, 9:19 pm

Hey Ladies-

Today I have oatmeal and an apple, salad w/ nuts, cranberry Feta and I snacked on almonds, cashews and cranberry during the day. Tonight, I am going to have chicken pasta w/ spinach (whole wheat pasta).
neethair
neethair

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 24th February 2010, 1:38 pm

OMGoodness, I purchased the following last night.
S- Spinach, kale & arugula
D- Greek yogurt, goat's milk cheese
I- Instant Oatmeal
E- Eggs
T- Turkey, chicken, salmon, whiting fillets & shrimp
W- Wheat bread, whole grain pasta
R- Strawberries & blueberries

I already have beans and olive oil. I hope to go to Walmart to pick up a few others things, particularly almonds.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Heart2Worship 24th February 2010, 6:18 pm

Ooo! I likey! I just started working out again on Monday and I am always on the hunt for something to snack on (healthy stuff). I ALWAYS seem to find the junk! LOL!

I am definately game for this challenge. Thanks for the info. Is there a certain time frame for this challenge?
Heart2Worship
Heart2Worship

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 24th February 2010, 6:39 pm

Heart2Worship wrote:Ooo! I likey! I just started working out again on Monday and I am always on the hunt for something to snack on (healthy stuff). I ALWAYS seem to find the junk! LOL!

I am definately game for this challenge. Thanks for the info. Is there a certain time frame for this challenge?

Well officially it runs for a week. Unofficially...for life. lol. I really feel like this plan is the way one should eat to live a healthy life.

Today I had almonds with my peanut butter and jelly sandwich (it was on whole wheat sandwich thin bread--those are the best thing since sliced bread. 100 cals per serving! No high fructose corn syrup and they don't taste all diet-y. LOL. I love these things. Ok enough of the random product plug.)

I kinda splurged on lunch. I had a pretzel bread sandwich from Corner bakery. It came with a pickle and I declined the chips (go me!) in favor of a banana. I've been snacking on an "all energy trail mix" that has peanuts, banana chips, raisins, sunflower kernels, almonds, dates and mangos. Yummy.

Don't know what I'm going to have for dinner. Maybe I'll do sausage and peppers with some brown rice. Yea that sounds like a plan.
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by Heart2Worship 24th February 2010, 6:57 pm

I won't be able to start until Friday...grocery data. I'll begin updating then.
Heart2Worship
Heart2Worship

Back to top Go down

Challenge #7 Abs Diet Power Empty Sooo Glad

Post by Mllebutterfly 26th February 2010, 10:53 am

I am so glad there are other people talking about and trying out this diet plan. I bought the "ABS diet for Women" in the summer and I have been trying to incorporate its principles as much as possible. I also wanted to say that I'm really impressed with the editors of Men's Health Magazine and all of the books they've recently published. They do the "Eat this, Not that" books.

Here's what I ate yesterday:

I've been fighting a cold so I didn't eat my first meal until 11:00 am

11:00 am
1/2 Turkey, Avocado, and bacon wrap
Large salad with Romaine, Tomato, Cucumber, Eggs, Garbonzo beans, Parmesan, and Ranch Dressing

Later I had some Pineapple and Cantaloupe + 1 Sugar cookie
and
some watermelon

at about 5:45
I had 2 bowls of lentil, collard greens, carrots, and tomato soup.

finally for dinner around 6:40
I had grilled chicken on a French roll with sauteed spinach, asparagus, garlic, mushrooms and roasted red peppers.

I exercised for 30 minutes at 9:30 am

Oh yeah,
I've been making my own homemade yogurt using the oven. Making my own yogurt is my greatest diet revelation because I like the expensive greek yogurt and this helps me save a ton of money.

This week I haven't been eating much dairy because of my cold but, I usually have a cup of yogurt with almonds and agave for breakfast.

Mllebutterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down