CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

*Curlyboricua*

+18
MahoganyCurls
BlondeByDesire
ChrsLvsBks
Cherry: extraordinary!
AfrikanLatina
Shauny
HAMPTONSFNST
Lynnieluve
SheeTacular
Juices-n-Berries
CocaColaCutie
Intelligentbeauty
bholmes87
KinkyNappyHappy
MsJay1121
Mz. Thang
sweetdrk1
curlyboricua
22 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

*Curlyboricua* - Page 2 Empty Re: *Curlyboricua*

Post by curlyboricua 18th February 2010, 11:05 pm

* I orignally posted this somewhere else by mistake thinking it was posting here... silly I know right??*

OMG I got home today and received a package from my mother who lives in
TN... she sent me the cutest head band... I thought I should post to
show everyone how cute this headband is. Tell me what you think and post
your favorite head band... I would love to see.

I am not a big
headband fan but this headband was so cute so I had to share.... here
are some pics...
*Curlyboricua* - Page 2 101_0012
*Curlyboricua* - Page 2 101_0013
curlyboricua
curlyboricua

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 19th February 2010, 12:14 am

Lol I saw the other post and I was super confused!! But that headband is hecka cute Smile where did you get it??
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by curlyboricua 19th February 2010, 1:00 am

@bholmes87
lol, yeah I posted a few of my post separate by mistake... I meant to post here but actually posted somewhere else. I was tired at work for most of them and ended up posting somewhere else... silly I know. lol
curlyboricua
curlyboricua

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 19th February 2010, 1:42 am

That headband is cute *Curlyboricua* - Page 2 Icon_smile
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by curlyboricua 22nd February 2010, 11:28 am

Hello Ladies!!

I just love Mondays because those are the
days that I have off... lol... Well anyways... I decided that I was
going to do my DC treatment today. When I deep condition I like to use
my Motions CPR Protein Reconstructor (every other week) and I use my
Organics Hair Mayonnaise with Olive Oil. I will sit under my hooded
drier for about 30min. I will post pics of my hair when it is wet so
that you can see the consistency of my hair.

*Curlyboricua* - Page 2 854_s11*Curlyboricua* - Page 2 Bla-mo11
I also wanted to share my favorite deep conditioner I love my JOICO and it is my all time favorite as a DC. I haven't bought any since I ran out but it is really a wonderful conditioner and it is for just about any hair type.
What is your favorite DC???

*Curlyboricua* - Page 2 09017411
curlyboricua
curlyboricua

Back to top Go down

Post by curlyboricua 22nd February 2010, 12:24 pm

Okay here is a website I have been meaning to share with everyone. I have recently bought soaps from her and they have been so wonderful!! Everything she makes is natural.. yes ladies I said natural!! (smile)... Here is some info on her and a link to her website... LETS SUPPORT OUR BLACK BUSINESSES!!

http://www.uniquebathessentials.com/homeabout_us
*Curlyboricua* - Page 2 Pictur12
Unique Bath Essentials is a
Nashville, TN based Self-owned and Operated Bath/Spa product business.
Originally formed and started in order to provide individuals with
quality natural and perfumed bathing and cleansing products.
After trying to find quality products for my
daughters during their episodes of skin irritations due to Eczema I did a
little research on the products i was using and found that a large
quantity of manufactured soaps contained high levels of skin irritants
and chemically based ingredients. I found that if i put natural
ingredients and natural oils in my products it would introduce a
healthier and safer skin regimen. I make all my products out of love
and enjoyment and hope that my customer will enjoy my products.
Bathing and cleansing of the skin is very essential to the day
to day life of everyone. We must nourish our body inside and out to
continue living a healthy and balanced life.

By using essential oils/natural products that are skin and body
safe you are nourishing and increasing the appearance of healthy and
glowing skin.

We
offer:
Soaps
Body Butters
Lotions
Bath scrubs
Aromatheraphy Soaks
Bath salts
Massage Oils

**We have several scents and fragrances in all these
products offered
. **

*Curlyboricua* - Page 2 Hpim3211
This soap is made with fresh cocoa powder, shea butter soap, several
essentials oil and chocolate brownie fragrance. It you like chocolate
you'll love this bar of chocolate goodness.

If you need any info please do not hesitate to send her a email or give her a call. She is so wonderful!
curlyboricua
curlyboricua

Back to top Go down

Post by curlyboricua 23rd February 2010, 11:15 am

HOLA CHICAS!! *Curlyboricua* - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

Okay I have been breaking out lately and I was wondering if it was it from the Argan Oil I have been using or the Biotin Supplements that I have been taking.. I have heard ppl say that the Biotin broke their face out but I am not sure... Ladies what do you think??
curlyboricua
curlyboricua

Back to top Go down

*Curlyboricua* - Page 2 Empty My hair today

Post by curlyboricua 23rd February 2010, 12:59 pm

*Curlyboricua* - Page 2 B05e5f10*Curlyboricua* - Page 2 Ae868e10

protecting my hair for these winter days... Especially since it has been snowing here in TEXAS... I am new to the TEXAS weather I didn't know it snowed here.
curlyboricua
curlyboricua

Back to top Go down

*Curlyboricua* - Page 2 Empty Detangler

Post by curlyboricua 24th February 2010, 12:27 pm

HOLA!!!

Yesturday after work I decided to stop by Super Cuts so that I could get a quote on getting Highlights...well I walked out with a product called Biolage Detangleing SolutionI absoulutly loved it affter one try!!! I had less hair in my comb then every before. It work really great. Well for $17 it better work good. Anyways I loved the way my hair felt afterwards. I just wanted to share this with everyone.
*Curlyboricua* - Page 2 Hyd_de10

***Biolage detangling conditioner reduces static and leaves hair tangle free. Works on oily to normal hair types.
INGREDIENTS
Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetyl Alcohol, Wheat Germ Extract (Triticum Vulgare), Hops Extract (Humulus Lupulus), Sweet Almond Extract (Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis), Pollen Extract, Sunflower Extract (Helianthus Annuus), Cyclomethicone, Citric Acid, Dimethiconol/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Dimethiconol, Stearamine Oxide, Stearyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Octoxynol-40, PEG 15 Cocomonium Chloride, Polysorbate 20, Fragrance, DMDM Hydantoin, Methylparaben, Ext D&C Violet 2, FD&C Blue 1
DIRECTIONS
Apply to clean, wet or damp hair and work through to ends of hair. Rinse thoroughly.
curlyboricua
curlyboricua

Back to top Go down

Post by HAMPTONSFNST 24th February 2010, 3:46 pm

Hola BC,

Happy to read that you recovered from the post partum shedding. Does this happen often to women who are pregnant even if they commit to their prenatal pills? I thought your hair was suppose to grow like wild fire when you're preggos. I'm not expecting any time soon yet would like to know if there is anything I could do to prevent the excessive shedding when that time comes.

Your headband is gorgeous. I can't wait until I'm completely natural. I just wear them to smooth the sides but mostly the "ouchless" ones.
HAMPTONSFNST
HAMPTONSFNST

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 24th February 2010, 3:53 pm

I was a permie when I experienced post partum shedding. I thought it was because I got a relaxer about a week before my son was born and I got an epidural. I've read somewhere that epidurals have something to do with shedding. I dont know how true that is.

As for combating it, I read on butters-n-bars.com that alma powder helps.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Shauny 24th February 2010, 4:02 pm

Curlyboricua, aww you are too cute. I LOVE your curls and that funky headband.
Shauny
Shauny

Back to top Go down

Post by curlyboricua 24th February 2010, 4:37 pm

http://www.americanpregnancy.org/pregnancyhealth/hairloss.html

@HAMPTONSFNST

Well, to be honest I think it just depends on the woman and how much you go through during pregnancy. See in my case I was taking my Prenatal Vitamins but when I had to go into the hospital bc I got sick during pregnancy... My potassium was low, calcium, and iron was low. So that could have been the factor in my hair falling out after pregnancy. I know their is shedding after pregnancy bc of of the epidural but I think it all depends on your health during pregnancy... Here is an article I found it is at the top...

HHJ!!
curlyboricua
curlyboricua

Back to top Go down

Post by curlyboricua 24th February 2010, 4:38 pm

@Shauny

You are so sweet thanks so much! I have yet to wear that headband bc my boyfriend hates it. lol.. he isn't a fan of headbands... but I will wear it soon. lol
curlyboricua
curlyboricua

Back to top Go down

Post by curlyboricua 25th February 2010, 10:14 pm

*Curlyboricua* - Page 2 Prod_s10

So right now I am in the process of coloring my hair with Dark and Lovely Medium Brown... I will post pics probably tonight of what the color result ends up being. I know you lovely ladies are probably wondering why I am coloring my hair but I thought maybe it is a whole lot safer then highlights.

Anyways, Today was a long long day.... My son is in love with the movie CARS (go figure) :-) he has watched it all freaking day. He is even watching it right now...lol

*Follow me on twitter curlyshae88
*I will also make sure to post the consistency of my hair when it is wet.
curlyboricua
curlyboricua

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 26th February 2010, 1:48 am

HAMPTONSFNST wrote:Hola BC,

Happy to read that you recovered from the post partum shedding. Does this happen often to women who are pregnant even if they commit to their prenatal pills? I thought your hair was suppose to grow like wild fire when you're preggos. I'm not expecting any time soon yet would like to know if there is anything I could do to prevent the excessive shedding when that time comes.

Your headband is gorgeous. I can't wait until I'm completely natural. I just wear them to smooth the sides but mostly the "ouchless" ones.

I don't think there is really a way to tell if you'll experience postpartum shedding or not. I had a low risk pregnancy with no stress at all. I didn't take any medicine other than my prenatal vitamins and alfalfa during my pregnancy and I had no medicine during labor. My hair grew like crazy while I was pregnant but it wasn't until my son was around 3 months that the shedding began which is the normal starting time for PPS according to my research. Its not the most pleasant experience but you get through. And you have a beautiful baby to keep you smiling and not crying while your holding shedding strands of hair in your hand lol
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 26th February 2010, 1:50 am

curlyboricua wrote:*Curlyboricua* - Page 2 Prod_s10

So right now I am in the process of coloring my hair with Dark and Lovely Medium Brown... I will post pics probably tonight of what the color result ends up being. I know you lovely ladies are probably wondering why I am coloring my hair but I thought maybe it is a whole lot safer then highlights.

Anyways, Today was a long long day.... My son is in love with the movie CARS (go figure) :-) he has watched it all freaking day. He is even watching it right now...lol

*Follow me on twitter curlyshae88
*I will also make sure to post the consistency of my hair when it is wet.

Thats a pretty color. My nieces loved Cars when they were younger. My son isn't into tv at this stage. I turn on cartoons to try to distract him if I'm doing his hair or something like that and he looks for 2 seconds and then pays it no mind. He's a curious soul so he's interested in everything else. Smile
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherry: extraordinary! 26th February 2010, 3:03 am

You hair sure did grow long! Its absolutely gorgeous and lol i think all toddlers are addicted to disney movies. My sister loved the little mermaid, i adored the the lion king, and my brother watched finding nemo so many times that we ALL know all the words. Cant wait to see the color results!

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 26th February 2010, 4:00 am

^^^^^ I, bholmes, am addicted to Disney movies!!!! I still watch them and enjoy them and find them side-spittingly hilarious Smile Disney isn't just for kids anymore ... lol

Great color though! I'm excited to see the results too!!
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by curlyboricua 26th February 2010, 11:42 am

*****RESULTS*******
DRUM ROLL!!!
Okay so I colored my hair ladies and it lighten up but I want it to be a little lighter. B/c my hair is so dark I already knew that my hair color wasn't going to be like the picture on the box. I am going to wait a few weeks and then go to the Salon and get it the color I want. Until then I will post pictures when I get home of the results. I am at work suppose to be working..lol...

So last night after the color I did my hair in a flat twistout and coated my hair with leave-in cond. last night and this morning. I don't want any damage. I will probably do a deep cond tonight under the dryer. But we will see. :-)
curlyboricua
curlyboricua

Back to top Go down

Post by curlyboricua 26th February 2010, 11:46 am

@ Cherry: extraordinary!

Thanks for the complement! I really love your hair color very pretty!! did you color your hair yourself??
curlyboricua
curlyboricua

Back to top Go down

Post by curlyboricua 26th February 2010, 11:48 am

@bholmes87

You are too funny! I love Disney Movies too but dang my son watched CARS 24/7 lol. I watch Disney every night... Just to be honest. lmbo
curlyboricua
curlyboricua

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 26th February 2010, 3:09 pm

curlyboricua wrote:HOLA!!!

Yesturday after work I decided to stop by Super Cuts so that I could get a quote on getting Highlights...well I walked out with a product called Biolage Detangleing SolutionI absoulutly loved it affter one try!!! I had less hair in my comb then every before. It work really great. Well for $17 it better work good. Anyways I loved the way my hair felt afterwards. I just wanted to share this with everyone.

***Biolage detangling conditioner reduces static and leaves hair tangle free. Works on oily to normal hair types.
INGREDIENTS
Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetyl Alcohol, Wheat Germ Extract (Triticum Vulgare), Hops Extract (Humulus Lupulus), Sweet Almond Extract (Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis), Pollen Extract, Sunflower Extract (Helianthus Annuus), Cyclomethicone, Citric Acid, Dimethiconol/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Dimethiconol, Stearamine Oxide, Stearyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Octoxynol-40, PEG 15 Cocomonium Chloride, Polysorbate 20, Fragrance, DMDM Hydantoin, Methylparaben, Ext D&C Violet 2, FD&C Blue 1
DIRECTIONS
Apply to clean, wet or damp hair and work through to ends of hair. Rinse thoroughly.

I'm not sure if you have an "Aldi's" where you are but they have a conditioner called Sheenique that is comparable to Biolage and it's $3.99 and I heard someone say on youtube that it works well. Just thought you'd be interested.
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by curlyboricua 26th February 2010, 3:25 pm

*Curlyboricua* - Page 2 EmptyRe: *Curlyboricua*

*Curlyboricua* - Page 2 I_icon_minipost by SheeTacular_Napps Today at 12:09 pm

curlyboricua wrote:HOLA!!!

Enlarge this imageReduce this image

INGREDIENTS
DIRECTIONS

I'm not sure if you have an "Aldi's" where you are but they have a conditioner called Sheenique that is comparable to Biolage and it's $3.99 and I heard someone say on youtube that it works well. Just thought you'd be interested.

I will most def have to try that when I run out of this bottle. I always like products that are just as good and cheaper then the original product. THANKS GIRL!!
curlyboricua
curlyboricua

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherry: extraordinary! 26th February 2010, 7:57 pm

curlyboricua wrote:@ Cherry: extraordinary!

Thanks for the complement! I really love your hair color very pretty!! did you color your hair yourself??

Hee well its naturally dark brown, but it looks sandy brown/ redish in the sunlight. So i take pictures either outside or really close to a light blub with my camera on flash. *Curlyboricua* - Page 2 Lol Same with my eyes, they are really really REALLY dark, im just know some camera tricks lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next