CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BAQ Henna for African Hair ?

+4
steppinOUT
R2D2
envizionj
freebird07
8 posters

Go down

BAQ Henna for African Hair ? Empty BAQ Henna for African Hair ?

Post by freebird07 13th February 2010, 11:58 pm

Hi Ladies...anyone tried BAQ Henna for African Hair from mehandi.com ? I love and use the Jamilla as Curly Nikki does Smile but I was wondering about the one for african hair...if you've used it, please tell me your experience; I'm wondering what sets it apart from the Jamilla ?

Thanks !

freebird07

Back to top Go down

BAQ Henna for African Hair ? Empty Re: BAQ Henna for African Hair ?

Post by envizionj 15th February 2010, 6:07 pm

I believe it is the same Jamila, only labeled differently. Read here on the henna hair forum http://www.hennaforhair.com/forum/index.php?module=phpwsbb&PHPWSBB_MAN_OP=view&PHPWS_MAN_ITEMS[]=11485

Here is the main site for Jamila Products -- Abid & Company (Pvt) Ltd. http://www.jamila.com.pk/main.html[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Here is more information from another site ...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Jamila
Henna 100% Natural and free of additives.

Jamila is a Product of Pakistan Cultivated and packaged by

Abid & Company (Pvt) Ltd.
(aka BAQ 2, African Henna for Hair)

Jamila Henna Sale

$3.99 each

(Clear Cellophane Pouch)
Reg $4.95 Per
100g Box

http://www.mehndiskinart.com/hair_henna_dye.htm
http://www.mehndiskinart.com/facts_about_jamila_henna.htm

Other Fictional Names for Jamila Brand Henna:

Fictional names =
BAQ 2, Henna for African Hair
BAQ 1, Jamila Personal Stash, Bridal Quality Jamila Henna, Punjabi Prime foil pouch no date no box?

Please note: if you receive Jamila henna with no box just a silver foil pouch you do not
know what you have.

Jamila 2008 has logo, Jamila 2009 has logo and date on the foil
pouch, sold in clear baggies."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by envizionj on 16th February 2010, 7:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
envizionj
envizionj

Back to top Go down

Post by R2D2 15th February 2010, 8:12 pm

I haven't used Henna for African Hair but I've seen lots of people comment that it's similar to Jamila too and that the price was the biggest difference.

I wonder if they were trying to price discriminate. This means that marketing people identify a particular market segment and charge the different segments different prices for the same product based on their willingness to pay more for the product. They will try and market the product in a way to imply it's different to the generic version. Unfortunately African Americans are known as a market that spend more of their income on hair products compared to other groups.
R2D2
R2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by freebird07 15th February 2010, 10:33 pm

Thanks ladies, I really appreciate your responses !

freebird07

Back to top Go down

Post by steppinOUT 16th March 2010, 9:55 pm

I have used the Mehandi Henna For African hair for a year now and love it! it is finely sifted and have a great dye deposit. Very high quality that I highly recommend. It think its geared towards African hair because of the super-sifted texture. Rinses well from super kinky and curly hair. I recently started using the Jamila since it was on sale at butters and Bars. I think I like the Mehandi better...its a close result...we shall see
steppinOUT
steppinOUT

Back to top Go down

Post by ButterQueen 18th March 2010, 11:44 am

Hi Ladies,
just a little more info to chew on. Abid and co (i.e the Jamila company) only makes and sells 2types of henna. They do not grow 'special crops' or do 'special mills' for any vendor in particular so if you receive henna that is in a foil pouch and/or stamped red 'Jamila' then it's Jamila. I was told by the owner of the company myself
"We only sell two types of henna, Jamila and Jamila Henna for Hair...Some of our resellers do relabel them for their own purposes"end of quote
Just a little food for thought, don't get caught up in the hype of names and prices as some people try to target a demographic to make more money, sad really but thats the reality of it.
Happy Hennaing !
ButterQueen
ButterQueen

http://www.butters-n-bars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by darkbeautytt 23rd April 2010, 7:04 pm

@utterqueen i have a question for you, so if u have black hair and u keep hennaing your hair, would your hair look dark after a while or not? i only want the red to reflect in the sun so i need more info on how the henna itself stain your hair. my hair is black, i still want it black but also to reflect red in the sun, so can i archieve this or no? thanks
darkbeautytt
darkbeautytt

https://www.youtube.com/darkbeautytt

Back to top Go down

Post by sherryjonshon 24th March 2011, 6:46 am

Well, very good information here. I like to appreciate everyone.
Here the most valuable informative information.

sherryjonshon

Back to top Go down

Post by ButterQueen 24th March 2011, 7:42 am

darkbeautytt wrote:@Butterqueen i have a question for you, so if u have black hair and u keep hennaing your hair, would your hair look dark after a while or not? i only want the red to reflect in the sun so i need more info on how the henna itself stain your hair. my hair is black, i still want it black but also to reflect red in the sun, so can i archieve this or no? thanks
I am totally late on this one, but to answer your question if your hair is very dark this is exactly what you'll achieve (and you may have already taken the plunge by now and become a full fledge henna head :-) but it will be difficult to see the reds unless your in the sunlight, but the highlights that will be seen in the sun will be subtle but georgous. If any of you ever has a question feel free to PM me (sometimes the topic notification doesnt always work scratch
You can also get some other info on the 'hairyuveda challenge' thread, great recipes from other members and info not only about different hennas but also ayurvedic powders, etc
Have a great Morning!!
ButterQueen
ButterQueen

Back to top Go down

Post by shemara2009 24th March 2011, 2:09 pm

To answer the original question (I am late in my respose too), I have used both Mehandi's BAQ Henna for African American Hair and Jamila Henna just to compare. Honestly, I don't see much of a difference. Jamila was cheaper than Mehandi, which is why I switched. I really don't see a difference in how my hair is colored. I agree with ButterQueen that its all about marketing and money..hope this helps!

shemara2009

Back to top Go down

Post by darkbeautytt 24th March 2011, 2:14 pm

thanks for your answer and yes i did do the henna, i used the indian one not jamila and it stay my hair orange black, but i had to dtop becasue it was drying my hair out, but wwhen i stop hennaing my hair started breaking, so now its been almost a year and i want to giv it a try again but with jamila henna and indigo wat do u think?
darkbeautytt
darkbeautytt

Back to top Go down

Post by shemara2009 24th March 2011, 2:53 pm

Darkbeautytt, I think you should try Jamila henna to see how it works for you, but of course make sure you buy from a reputable place..I ordered BAQ Henna for African American Hair, and Purity Henna from Mehandi. I also ordered Jamila and indigo from ayurnaturalbeauty.com (recommended by Curly Nikki). Both companies seemed to produce quality henna..my hair is not orange at all (I have dark brown hair). I also ordered indigo from ayurnaturalbeauty.com. The quality of the henna matters. I recently indigoed my hair for the first time..and might have applied it wrong, but the color is great (I use indigo to cover grays).

shemara2009

Back to top Go down

Post by darkbeautytt 24th March 2011, 3:10 pm

yes i know ayurnaturalbeauty, it by Ekua who is a natural on naturallycurly.com, she's a good person, i used to follow her on the forum, she actually introduce me to ayurvedic herbs so maybe i will purchase from her. i stop the henna cux i didnt like the resut of it on my hair, my hair look dull and it gave a orange glow in the sun and apparently my hair holds on to hair color, even thought its been a year, my new growth is still orange so i want my black hair back lol. i will order the henna and indigo and i will keep my finger cross. lol thank you very much shemara2009, i really appreciate it
darkbeautytt
darkbeautytt

Back to top Go down

Post by shemara2009 24th March 2011, 3:29 pm

darkbeautytt..no problem. Thats what we are here for to share ideas and tips. FYI on the indigo I bought from ayurnaturalbeauty..it had stems in it, which made washing out very difficult. It might have been a fluke, but I like to give warning on those things. My hair is black now, which I love..so ayurnaturalbeauty's indigo is definitely good. Good luck with both the henna and indigo. Post your results!

shemara2009

Back to top Go down

Post by darkbeautytt 24th March 2011, 3:44 pm

i will, im actually ordering today so i will definately post my result. thank u have been really helpful to me.
darkbeautytt
darkbeautytt

Back to top Go down

Post by ButterQueen 24th March 2011, 5:32 pm

darkbeautytt wrote:yes i know ayurnaturalbeauty, it by Ekua who is a natural on naturallycurly.com, she's a good person, i used to follow her on the forum, she actually introduce me to ayurvedic herbs so maybe i will purchase from her. i stop the henna cux i didnt like the resut of it on my hair, my hair look dull and it gave a orange glow in the sun and apparently my hair holds on to hair color, even thought its been a year, my new growth is still orange so i want my black hair back lol. i will order the henna and indigo and i will keep my finger cross. lol thank you very much shemara2009, i really appreciate it
A two step henndigo will give you black hair and you should try doing a deep condition (not shampooing just DC) afterwards if you experience drying and be mindful of too much acid in your mixes can also cause drying (if your hair is prone to drying). Tell me when you henna'ed before what did you put in your mix?
ButterQueen
ButterQueen

Back to top Go down

Post by darkbeautytt 24th March 2011, 5:40 pm

when i hennaed before i use curlynikki recipe maybe because it wasnt jamila henna thats why it dried my hair out. don't know, but i used evo, honey and leave in hair overnight, washed with conditioner next day HHE and DT afterward with i think mayo not sure. don't really remember but yea i did it every two weeks, and lots of dye deposition but hair was rough and brittle and dry, really dry, so after three month into BC/henna i stopped and my hair was doing fine without it for one month still dry but then after three month of no henna, hair started drying more and i experienced more breakage. now im iyear post Bc last month, i notice my hair is thick but all my growth gone due to breakage so i wanted to give henna a try again but i want it properly done
darkbeautytt
darkbeautytt

Back to top Go down

Post by ButterQueen 24th March 2011, 5:49 pm

Everyone is different and we have to realise that one persons recipe may not be for us. In here recipe you have honey which is acidic, I believe Nikki uses green tea in her recipe as well which is also acidic. Perhaps in your treatments since you have experienced breakage you should try adding brahmi powder to your henna mixture. Do deep treatments that focus on moisture and try spritzing with an aloe vera mixture or an herbal tea spritzer to keep hair soft. Don't henna so much this go round try every other week and alternate between henna treatments and another ayurvedic treatment (a nice recipe is brahmi, jaswand, honey, olive oil and aloe vera juice or gel) or try a deep conditioning hair masque. If you have more questions or need other suggestions let me know :-)
ButterQueen
ButterQueen

Back to top Go down

Post by darkbeautytt 24th March 2011, 5:59 pm

thank you very much oh wat type of aloe vera do u use is it the inner fillet one by lilly of the dessert cux last time i order that i order the wrong one, i got a supplement instead, which did nothing for my hair lol. thanks i will remember that honey is acidic, i never knew that, but now i do lol. yea i did use green tea, but i guess i put too much acid with the extra honey. right now im using Amla and brahmi, it actually turning my orange hair into brown, which is better than orange but i want my black hair back. lol for the conditioner i just bought Keracare product last week, waiting for my wash day this weekend, wats your two cent on that? have you tried their product before?
darkbeautytt
darkbeautytt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down