CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Photography Challenge: Capturing a new photo in 365 days!!

+21
CrissyQ
Pinkpearls
NubieNatty
Neems
cassadie3
keeboo
NaturalChica
d.denise
TerraD
NaturalLayD
Keisha
Curlz of Luv
PaganWifey
Jonezy
NikG20
sweetdrk1
StephanieB
BlondeByDesire
Lynnieluve
tiashaunteƩ
oooop2
25 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Photography Challenge: Capturing a new photo in 365 days!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Photography Challenge: Capturing a new photo in 365 days!!

Post by Lynnieluve 12th February 2010, 10:50 pm

I decided to share a pic today......I still need work.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Photography Challenge: Capturing a new photo in 365 days!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Photography Challenge: Capturing a new photo in 365 days!!

Post by Lynnieluve 12th February 2010, 10:53 pm

@ NikG and Oooop2 - I had to go look at my camera and see what ISO (my camera is on auto) and AV (which I still havent found) was.

I need to pull out my manual and start reading. LOL!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by PaganWifey 13th February 2010, 2:36 am

I'm in. Are we doing a thread or a blog to share or what?
PaganWifey
PaganWifey

Back to top Go down

Post by Curlz of Luv 14th February 2010, 12:45 pm

I am so glad I found this thread. My husband asked me last night what I want for b-day which is in 9 days and I told him a camera. Now my dream is a digital slr camera however the cost is out of our reach right now since we are planning spring break to Disney (BUT I need the camera so we can come back with great memories uuuggghhh!)

Anyway I definitely going to get a camera and I will look into Canon powershot you mentioned above. Do you have any suggestions on what features I should look for or other cameras that maybe worth checking out? I know NOTHNG about photography however I take pics all the time of everyone especially my kids. My mom gave my daughter a basic camera for xmas last year and I keep it in my purse all the times so I am always ready. I love taking pics.

I am going to check out the link I would like to join a challenge especially if we are gonna offer suggestions and ideas to each other so we can improve our skills.
Curlz of Luv
Curlz of Luv

http://curlsofluv.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Curlz of Luv 14th February 2010, 12:49 pm

oooop2 wrote:Hey ladies...I had a point and shoot for the longest time. Heck, I still have one and use it all the time. But when I moved to Asia, I became friends with a lady that was a photographer. We took pics of the same thing, but her images looked a GAZILLION times better. I started to pick her brain on how to improve and she helped me a ton. I'm no pro, but I'm having fun and in the end, that's all that matters Smile

Nik...Yeah, just post pics of whatever. I started my own challenge yesterday and this is what I captured.

I call it Cornrows....

This is a truly beautiful pic! I think many of us can picture ourselves getting our hair done or doing our daughters/nieces/cousins hair. I can see this framed hanging on the wall. Black and white makes it really stand out.
Curlz of Luv
Curlz of Luv

Back to top Go down

Post by NikG20 14th February 2010, 10:02 pm

I like it Lynnie!

Yeah oooop what is AV? lol

Here's one from today. She also got an amaaaaazingly soft, defined twist out from this. We used Tiny Twirls Styler! cheers I've said too much though, lol. Will post a review sometime soon.

NikG20
NikG20

http://www.beadsbraidsbeyond.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by oooop2 15th February 2010, 12:25 am

Lynnieluve wrote:I decided to share a pic today......I still need work.

Yeah..Glad to see you sharing.

Lynnieluve wrote:@ NikG and Oooop2 - I had to go look at my camera and see what ISO (my camera is on auto) and AV (which I still havent found) was.

I need to pull out my manual and start reading. LOL!!

Here is a good article on AV

http://www.slrphotographyguide.com/camera/settings/av-mode.shtml

PaganWifey wrote:I'm in. Are we doing a thread or a blog to share or what?

We can blog or just share pics. It's totally up to the person. I will mostly share pics. Then if it's something that I was doing/trying to capture, I will blog about the picture.

anewme223 wrote:I am so glad I found this thread. My husband asked me last night what I want for b-day which is in 9 days and I told him a camera. Now my dream is a digital slr camera however the cost is out of our reach right now since we are planning spring break to Disney (BUT I need the camera so we can come back with great memories uuuggghhh!)

Anyway I definitely going to get a camera and I will look into Canon powershot you mentioned above. Do you have any suggestions on what features I should look for or other cameras that maybe worth checking out? I know NOTHNG about photography however I take pics all the time of everyone especially my kids. My mom gave my daughter a basic camera for xmas last year and I keep it in my purse all the times so I am always ready. I love taking pics.

I am going to check out the link I would like to join a challenge especially if we are gonna offer suggestions and ideas to each other so we can improve our skills.

My suggestion would be to get a camera that is not to bulky and easy to use. I tend to like the Canon Powershot b/c I think they take great pics for a point and shoot. However, I would suggest going to Best Buy/local camera shop and just playing around with the different camera.

anewme223 wrote:

This is a truly beautiful pic! I think many of us can picture ourselves getting our hair done or doing our daughters/nieces/cousins hair. I can see this framed hanging on the wall. Black and white makes it really stand out.

Thank you. I plan on getting one framed of me doing their hair.

NikG20 wrote:I like it Lynnie!

Yeah oooop what is AV? lol

Here's one from today. She also got an amaaaaazingly soft, defined twist out from this. We used Tiny Twirls Styler! cheers I've said too much though, lol. Will post a review sometime soon.

OMG...GIVE DETAILS.. Her hair is so beautiful. I would love to do this on Kennedi's hair.

My pic from today:

Happy Valentine's Day Smile
oooop2
oooop2

Back to top Go down

Post by Curlz of Luv 15th February 2010, 1:52 am

@oooop2...thank you and Happy Valentine's Day!
I have been on cnet all evening reading reviews on different cameras as well as getting a better understanding of what I may want and need. I am sure I will be in Best Buy this week as well as consult with my brother who is family electronics expert (lol).
Curlz of Luv
Curlz of Luv

Back to top Go down

Post by Keisha 16th February 2010, 12:33 am

Count me in, I need to put my camera to some use. Its not all fancy dancy but i'll do for now. I'll start practicing tomorrow in preparation for the 1st. Im loving all the pics that I've seen so far. oooop2 u have a good eye for perfect pictures.
Keisha
Keisha

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturalLayD 16th February 2010, 8:45 pm

Count me in!! I love taking pictures and wanted to take a photography class, but schedule wouldn't allow. Now this will make me READ the manual and get to know my camera a little better:)
NaturalLayD
NaturalLayD

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 16th February 2010, 8:58 pm

Am I lame if I don't own a camera [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] . Maybe I will just for this challenge. Cool.
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by d.denise 16th February 2010, 10:52 pm

oooop2 wrote:So I have a passion for photography. Got into it extensively when I lived in Asia. Now that I am back in the USA, I am finding that my camera is starting to collect dust.

So yesterday, as I was skimming foodgawker.com for some recipes, I found this link:

http://www.rawmazing.com/recipes/raw-recipe-almond-butter/

After clicking on that link, I discovered this:

http://www.rawmazing.com/photography-360/

Thought is was a great idea and wanted you guys to join in on the fun. So if you are game, let me know and we'll officially start the challenge on Mar 1, 2010 [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

this is me to a T...just substitute Asia for Italy lol. When I was abroad I was ALWAYS taking pics with my little point and shoot sony cybershot. I was satisfied with that...until I would see other peoples pics with their SLRs both digital and film. But the beauty that was around me always had my camera out...I thought I was a real live photographer! When I got back and finally bought my camera (nikon dslr) it started collecting dust. I started a PHOTO 365 challenge back in December and it only lasted 3 days :-( I used to blame it on the fact that in Italy there was so much inspiration around me and everything was just so insanely beautiful and here you have to work a little harder to get the shots...but it really isn't the environment it's how you capture it and how you want to tell the story of your environment (Italy does, however make for a beautiful backdrop!).....

then when I was planning a wedding I fell in love with wedding photography (the journalistic mix of nontraditional and traditional) and wish I had the skills to offer my services to friends and family who are getting married and to eventually be good enough for someone to actually wanna pay me!

thanks for this I need to start back up with my 365!

I am a fan of digital photography school http://digital-photography-school.com/ I hardly ever go the actual site but they send a weekly e-mail on Thursday with a host of links that teaches me something about my camera or gives me some kinda inspiration.

Here's my first attempt at the Photo 365 challenge: http://sankofalife.tumblr.com/

And here's my fav pic so far (only had 3! lol) from the getty museum just after sunset:
d.denise
d.denise

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 16th February 2010, 11:24 pm

Thanks for sharing D.Denise!!! I am gonna check it out!! I'm getting excited!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 16th February 2010, 11:25 pm

Look at you twin! I may need to have you do me a couple head shots! LOL
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by d.denise 16th February 2010, 11:33 pm

I would love to (attempt lol) terra! I'm supposed to be moving in 2 weeks so catch me while you can. Wanna try for Sunday???? This weather has been sooo ridiculous I'm itching to take my camera out. Of course I'm not making any promises as to quality! but the effort will definitely be there :-)
d.denise
d.denise

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 16th February 2010, 11:36 pm

Of course! Sunday would be cool! I'm supposed to be going to this Greek fashion show at 3pm. What time do you think?
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by oooop2 17th February 2010, 12:53 am

anewme223 wrote:@oooop2...thank you and Happy Valentine's Day!
I have been on cnet all evening reading reviews on different cameras as well as getting a better understanding of what I may want and need. I am sure I will be in Best Buy this week as well as consult with my brother who is family electronics expert (lol).

GL finding the right camera Smile

Keisha wrote:Count me in, I need to put my camera to some use. Its not all fancy dancy but i'll do for now. I'll start practicing tomorrow in preparation for the 1st. Im loving all the pics that I've seen so far. oooop2 u have a good eye for perfect pictures.

Yeah..Glad you're joining. This will be fun Smile

NaturalLayD wrote:Count me in!! I love taking pictures and wanted to take a photography class, but schedule wouldn't allow. Now this will make me READ the manual and get to know my camera a little better:)

I need to read my manual more. BTW, LOVE your hair. Makes me miss the days when I wore my hair like that!!

TerraD wrote:Am I lame if I don't own a camera [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] . Maybe I will just for this challenge. Cool.

LOL...Not lame, but I don't know what I would do w/out my camera.

d.denise wrote:

this is me to a T...just substitute Asia for Italy lol. When I was abroad I was ALWAYS taking pics with my little point and shoot sony cybershot. I was satisfied with that...until I would see other peoples pics with their SLRs both digital and film. But the beauty that was around me always had my camera out...I thought I was a real live photographer! When I got back and finally bought my camera (nikon dslr) it started collecting dust. I started a PHOTO 365 challenge back in December and it only lasted 3 days :-( I used to blame it on the fact that in Italy there was so much inspiration around me and everything was just so insanely beautiful and here you have to work a little harder to get the shots...but it really isn't the environment it's how you capture it and how you want to tell the story of your environment (Italy does, however make for a beautiful backdrop!).....

then when I was planning a wedding I fell in love with wedding photography (the journalistic mix of nontraditional and traditional) and wish I had the skills to offer my services to friends and family who are getting married and to eventually be good enough for someone to actually wanna pay me!

thanks for this I need to start back up with my 365!

I am a fan of digital photography school http://digital-photography-school.com/ I hardly ever go the actual site but they send a weekly e-mail on Thursday with a host of links that teaches me something about my camera or gives me some kinda inspiration.

Here's my first attempt at the Photo 365 challenge: http://sankofalife.tumblr.com/

And here's my fav pic so far (only had 3! lol) from the getty museum just after sunset:

Yes..We are definitely a lot alike. Finding thing to capture in Japan was NEVER an issue. Now I have to be a bit more creative. But I'm enjoying seeking out new things to capture. Here's my latest:

My favorite rose out of a bouquet of 12.
oooop2
oooop2

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturalLayD 17th February 2010, 1:19 am

Thanks oooop2! My avatar was actually when I first BC'd (10/20/09). I just LOVE that pic! I took that myself [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]. I am LOVING you and Lynnie's hair(my hair idols).
NaturalLayD
NaturalLayD

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 17th February 2010, 1:48 am

NaturalLayD wrote:Thanks oooop2! My avatar was actually when I first BC'd (10/20/09). I just LOVE that pic! I took that myself [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]. I am LOVING you and Lynnie's hair(my hair idols).
Thanks!!! I love your avatar too! I miss that get up and go hair! LOL!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by d.denise 17th February 2010, 4:41 am

TerraD wrote:Of course! Sunday would be cool! I'm supposed to be going to this Greek fashion show at 3pm. What time do you think?

where is the fashion show? I'm usually out of church at 1 so depending on where it is we can do either before or after...you still have my #? text me!
d.denise
d.denise

Back to top Go down

Post by NikG20 17th February 2010, 11:19 am

@ooop, I shared how to do it on the blog and on CN! Smile Thank you!!

@denice, that picture is really pretty!

@oooop loooooove the rose picture!!!!

See I can't take pictures of stuff like that lol. I can't take a picture of a building, or rose, or food, and make it look pretty. I'll work on it I guess. I'll have to check out some of those links sometime.

BTW, ooop, my camera doesn't have AV. Womp womp womp!!! I know if I change modes it will change the AV for me though...but that's a lot of work. Boo!
NikG20
NikG20

http://www.beadsbraidsbeyond.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by d.denise 22nd February 2010, 10:46 pm

I got to work on some skills this weekend thanks to our very own...drumroll please.... TERRAD :-)

here's one of my fav pics:
d.denise
d.denise

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 22nd February 2010, 10:50 pm

Love the pics of TerraD!!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by PaganWifey 7th March 2010, 6:20 am

PaganWifey
PaganWifey

Back to top Go down

Post by oooop2 7th March 2010, 1:16 pm

Hey Ladies...So sorry for the delay. I am going to try to post a new pic here daily.

Here is my contribution for today:

The rite of passage. Father teaching daughter how to ride a bike Wink
oooop2
oooop2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next