CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Big sis needed! :)

2 posters

Go down

Big sis needed! :) Empty Big sis needed! :)

Post by BabyBekkz 27th January 2010, 4:48 am

Hello, Hello!!

First off let me say im GLAD to have found this forum! Gotta get some support from somewhere.
I am 2 months and 4 days into my transition. I am already seeing a MAJOR change in texture and my hair is growing super fast. Not really sure what my hair type is at this point..i see alot of waves and spirals. I hope to do a mini chop in June around my birthday, only because im too chicken to to a BC. We shall see. I would love a big sis to get me through this process. Im getting ready to make the move to miami pretty soon to finish up college. SO im sure things will be crazy once i get there. I've pretty much been looked at like this --> [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] by everyone in my family. My mom thinks i should get a relaxer...of course she does, because i am the only one in my family with a healthy head of long and thick hair. my grandmother is living vicariously through me and shoving all these products down my throat. She has no clue what shes talking about and im most definetly not trying to ruin my routine. None the less, i see the vision and im excited for this journey!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] <---Relaxed and straightened

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] <--- First try w/ braid outs. They had been in for a few days already.

-After a wash and condition-

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
BabyBekkz
BabyBekkz

Back to top Go down

Big sis needed! :) Empty Re: Big sis needed! :)

Post by ChrsLvsBks 29th January 2010, 1:34 pm

I would be glad to help you along your journey if interested. Please note I did not do a BC. I was not familiar with the term.

You will likely not know your hair type until you cut your hair or have enough length of new growth. I think the key is to treat your new growth with lots of moisture.

Hoping you the best on your journey!
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BabyBekkz 29th January 2010, 4:05 pm

I would be honored to have you as my big sis! Your hair is beautiful. I want my hair to grow up and be like yours. Smile

SO far my hair has grown really fast for some reason. I’ve never had it grow this fast. Not that it is a bad thing. But is that normal? Will it grow fast and then stop or can I expect this to progress? Also, when you were transitioning did you notice certain sections of your hair growing faster than the other. My hair in the front is about shoulder length and it has already grown out the majority of the relaxer.
BabyBekkz
BabyBekkz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down