CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Locs Unraveling

4 posters

Go down

Locs Unraveling Empty Locs Unraveling

Post by jmurray8 26th January 2010, 3:47 pm

Okay
so I am growing locks now and i'm in the ugly stage. I however have a
question. My sides as well as the back of my hair are coming undone.
What can be done. I tried using bobby pins but it doesn't seem to work.
I use mango and lime locking wax and I only get my hair re-twisted every
1 and half months....simply because
I am just starting out and my loctian told me to not to get re twisted
once a month but wait a lil after. For the most part my hair is locking but at the same time they are coming undone in the areas i discussed I need suggestions thanks!
jmurray8
jmurray8

Back to top Go down

Locs Unraveling Empty Re: Locs Unraveling

Post by lionessence 26th January 2010, 5:10 pm

How long since you've been on your loc journey?

When I started locs... I retwisted them once a month and my loctian used to pull out strands from time to time and twisted it into the loc to help it to matt. She did that for the first three months.

Where abouts are you?
lionessence
lionessence

http://lion-essence.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by jmurray8 27th January 2010, 2:06 pm

I am in the early stages. Some parts have started to loc up which is good I started in September of last yr. And to make a long story short the first attempts didn't go so well...so now I have the one stranded twists and they are working good with the exception of my the edges, sides and the hair to closest to my neck. So I thinking the first week in March should work. I got them retwisted the first week in jan. But I just dont know what to do for the sides and the other areas to keep them in tack with out them coming un done.
jmurray8
jmurray8

Back to top Go down

Post by tkaluv 17th February 2010, 4:42 pm

I was loc'd for about 5 years and now I'm a loose natural...my only bit of advice for you is to do what you feel your locs need.

Since most of us have different textures all over our heads, some areas are going to unravel while other areas don't. For the areas that do begin to unravel, spritz the area with water and twist them as needed (not tightly) with castor oil and secure with one of those duckbill clips until they are dry. Eventually once your hair starts locing naturally closer to the root, you won't have this problem.

tkaluv

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 17th February 2010, 5:19 pm

I started my hubby's locs and he has difficult to loc hair - that mango and lime did NOTHING! I ended up mixing my own product for his hair that contained honey. That helped with the unraveling. Now that his locs are longer I do his touch ups with the latch hook method (interlocking) - this works a lot better for both of us. No clips, no dryer, and they last longer before retouching.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down