CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SPINNING CLASS

+2
neethair
Intelligentbeauty
6 posters

Go down

SPINNING CLASS Empty SPINNING CLASS

Post by Intelligentbeauty 26th January 2010, 2:47 am

HEllo curlies,

I did my first spinning class today and I am addicted already. I have never had such an intense, and truimphant workout. My energy level afterwards was threw the roof for a while (those endorphins...lol [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] ). I have done kickboxing, running, dancing, but nothing comes close to the kind of workout cycling does for the body. Has anyone else experienced this?
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

SPINNING CLASS Empty Re: SPINNING CLASS

Post by neethair 26th January 2010, 3:58 pm

Intelligentbeauty-

First, i love, love the new pic. I want to take an intro to spinning class. I hear it is so addictive. I have two concern, 1) I won't be able to keep up with the others in class and 2) my hair, I hear you sweat a lot and I'm in transitition so hair is still a problem for me. Are you transition or are you natural?
neethair
neethair

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalhonney 26th January 2010, 8:14 pm

I have been taking spin classes for a year now! I stopped but now I'm back in the gym, started back yesterday. You can burn up to a thousand cal in a spin class. Don't worry about keeping up it comes over time as your stamina increases its the hardest 45min but also the best! I workout hard when I'm on the bike so when I get to the steam room I know I worked and deserve it, that's my reward to myself at the end!! I did 5 spin classes in a row one time yeah I was crazzzzy!! lol Right now I'll get in 3 a week!
naturalhonney
naturalhonney

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 27th January 2010, 2:05 am

neethair wrote:Intelligentbeauty-

First, i love, love the new pic. I want to take an intro to spinning class. I hear it is so addictive. I have two concern, 1) I won't be able to keep up with the others in class and 2) my hair, I hear you sweat a lot and I'm in transitition so hair is still a problem for me. Are you transition or are you natural?

Thank you so much Neethair for your kind words [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Like Naturalhonney said you do not have to worry about keeping up because everyone is at their own pace. I built stamina right in my first session. By the ending of the class I was with the instructor all the way. It was great!!!
I am a 10 month transitioner so far and there is alot of sweating going on in spin classes. I didn't have time to wash my hair so what I did was wet my hair with a strong tea/oil mix and braided it up. I plan to spin 3 times a week and on my last day I plan to hit the steam room with my DC in my hair for a treatment.
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 27th January 2010, 2:16 am

naturalhonney wrote:I have been taking spin classes for a year now! I stopped but now I'm back in the gym, started back yesterday. You can burn up to a thousand cal in a spin class. Don't worry about keeping up it comes over time as your stamina increases its the hardest 45min but also the best! I workout hard when I'm on the bike so when I get to the steam room I know I worked and deserve it, that's my reward to myself at the end!! I did 5 spin classes in a row one time yeah I was crazzzzy!! lol Right now I'll get in 3 a week!

GIRL, you are a beast(I mean that in a good way) ....lol [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] . I hope to be as fierce as you are at these classes. Your body is probably tight. I want to go 3 times a week and do another class like Zumba another day in the week.

Last edited by Intelligentbeauty on 27th January 2010, 4:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by cutephantasm 27th January 2010, 3:51 am

I cant do spin classes! Every gym that I've ever been to, the classes are packed and there is sweat flying everywhere and it is humid as hell! lol I dont like other peoples sweat on me haha it looks intense though
cutephantasm
cutephantasm

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 27th January 2010, 4:31 am

Oh no my classes are not like that at all. There are 42 bikes and the room is well vented and cool. They even turn off the lights so everyone can get in their own zone. It's cool [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Is that you in that pic?
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by neethair 27th January 2010, 11:05 am

It's good to see a long term transitioner doing her thing in the gym and making her hair work. You know women the doctor can stay you are going to die if you don't go to the gym and the first thing we think about is our hair. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Very sad but true. I may have to take a page from your book. What is the tea/oil mix? How is that working for you? I think I need the recipe for that.

I think I will look into a spin class, today.

Thanks Ladies, Keeping spinning and looking FAB!!!!
neethair
neethair

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalhonney 27th January 2010, 3:36 pm

@cutephantasm ~ Never any sweat on me other than my own.

@intelligentbeauty ~ I stopped going for awhile and gained some weight that's why I'm going back to spin classes.
naturalhonney
naturalhonney

Back to top Go down

Post by Courtney 28th January 2010, 12:07 am

IB-I LOVE spinning.
I have a class on Friday mornings that I go to. I recently started back to yoga, which is a nice complement to spinning.
Courtney
Courtney

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 28th January 2010, 1:16 am

I was inspired by you, IntelligentBeauty, & naturalhonney to participate in a spinning class. I am obese and need to burn lots of calories. While I had problems with the seat (previous seats were a bit wider than these), I did my best to make it to the end. I did make it to the end and even did the 15 minute stretch class afterwards.

I plan to go twice a week. They offer the classes twice in the evening and twice in the morning during the week. I may try to make it to a Saturday class but not sure since the gym is closer to my office than my home (20 minute drive one way).
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 28th January 2010, 2:47 am

Isn't it fun and addictive, Courtney [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

GOGOGOGOGO CHRS!!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] JUST FABULOUS!!!
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 28th January 2010, 2:56 am

neethair wrote:It's good to see a long term transitioner doing her thing in the gym and making her hair work. You know women the doctor can stay you are going to die if you don't go to the gym and the first thing we think about is our hair. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Very sad but true. I may have to take a page from your book. What is the tea/oil mix? How is that working for you? I think I need the recipe for that.

I think I will look into a spin class, today.

Thanks Ladies, Keeping spinning and looking FAB!!!!

The strong tea/oil mix I use is peppermint tea (2 bags to 1 cup), 20 drops avocado oil, and 50 drops of EO lavender/tea tree oil. Smells delicious [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] However you can use anything you want.
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 31st January 2010, 6:28 pm

I plan to go to the spinning class again tomorrow. I am going to do better than I did last Wednesday.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 1st February 2010, 11:36 am

Go Chrs! That's it just keep setting goals for the next work out. It will pay off soon.

How did it go?
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 1st February 2010, 3:13 pm

Intelligentbeauty wrote:Go Chrs! That's it just keep setting goals for the next work out. It will pay off soon.

How did it go?
My class is tonight at 5:30. I will definitely let you know. I am excited and looking forward to the challenge.Class was great! I am sold. The instructor showed me a bike with a more cushioned seat. I used the weights and pushed myself. I feel amazing (said like Jill Scott in Why Did I Get Married?)!

Last edited by ChrsLvsBks on 1st February 2010, 11:18 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Updated how I felt after class)
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 2nd February 2010, 4:14 am

LOL @ Chrs.
I took another class last week with a different bike seat and instructor. What a difference on the bike seat and the instructor was tough. She had us in first position (sitting down) then 2nd position (standing up) every 4th count on those bikes like 20 times. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] It felt good though.
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 4th February 2010, 4:45 am

I need to get back to my spinning classes. My schedule has not let me up for a break to exercise. aww man [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down