CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

*ColdDiva*

+19
blondie
Pinkrage
BlondeByDesire
adiaha
tressedforsuccess
Lynnieluve
sweetdrk1
SheeTacular
CocaColaCutie
d.denise
Intelligentbeauty
dajewel
Lanamarie
A85
curly+kinky+fierce
ChrsLvsBks
nmoultry
Serenity23
ColdDiva
23 posters

Page 1 of 13 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

*ColdDiva* Empty *ColdDiva*

Post by ColdDiva 12th November 2009, 10:25 pm

Hello All...Ratz about the lost threads!...I hope that anyone that replied to my previous threads please keep in touch throughout this 2010 journey!

Ok so for the last few days I have been whining about greasy hair...but right now I am pretty thankful that my hair was a little overly saturated the weather has been wet and damp. I literally stood outside with drizzle without a hat and my hair was not fazed....hmmmm maybe my beautician knew better than I!

Ok so I am back in Charlotte today and I had an attack of the knotties come over me. I just wanted to grab some scissors and clip any little knots and or split ends...I am happy to report no split ends! cheers but I did have a few naughty knotties!...So this is my technique for the attack!

1. I twist or twine a small lump of hair and pay attention to any hairs that will separate or stick up from the twist.

2. I grab the scissors and then start clipping upwards.

3. I then let the small lump of hair loose and then clip the very ends (if necessary).

And thats it...twisting my hair will allow any damaged hair to stick out like a sore thumb and much quicker to find and attack!
*ColdDiva* Dsc02414
*ColdDiva* Dsc02415

Last edited by ColdDiva on 13th November 2009, 2:00 am; edited 1 time in total
ColdDiva
ColdDiva

Back to top Go down

*ColdDiva* Empty Re: *ColdDiva*

Post by Serenity23 12th November 2009, 11:40 pm

Your hair looks very shiny in the photo! Your stylist did an excellent job. And yes the wet and cold weather in CLT is for the birds...
Serenity23
Serenity23

http://public.fotki.com/Serenity23/  http://www.curlynikki.forum

Back to top Go down

Post by ColdDiva 13th November 2009, 1:09 am

Serenity23 wrote:Your hair looks very shiny in the photo! Your stylist did an excellent job. And yes the wet and cold weather in CLT is for the birds...

Thanks Serenity!...I am looking fwd to some good ol'sunshine...but I gotta go to work for the weekend Mad

I just did a major oops...I took a nice hot bath and had my hair pin curled...I shoulda wrapped it instead...When I took it down it was frizzy around the edges Sad So I will wrap it toinite to re-smooth it down and then pin curl in the morning! I hope it looks betta in the morning!
ColdDiva
ColdDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by nmoultry 13th November 2009, 11:56 am

Take pictures of your pin curls and post them *ColdDiva* Icon_biggrin

I'm going to do a regular roller set in a few weeks and I'm going to pin curl at night to see what happens. I've never been good at just wrapping my hair so I want to see if my curls hold.

I love your bob. Just cut mine in October in a layered bob because that's the style I want to grow out

nmoultry

Back to top Go down

*ColdDiva* Empty Day10

Post by ColdDiva 13th November 2009, 9:39 pm

My looks a lot better today after pincurling it last night slash wrap. Its the weekend and I am attending a MeetUp with some Naturals..good times to be had and good food to be eaten! If there any naturals in the Charlotte area that would like some more information feel free to hit my inbox. You are welcome to come!...Hmmmm wish my hair was done curly now cause I might get a wee bit jealous with all the lovely ladies coils kinks and curls!

Happy Friday 13th Divas!
ColdDiva
ColdDiva

Back to top Go down

*ColdDiva* Empty Day11

Post by ColdDiva 16th November 2009, 9:10 pm

Wow can't believe I let the whole day go by without checkin in with you beautiful ladies....I hope everyone enjoyed their weekend.

Today I went to good ol Walmart. Now I had no intention to by hair products and I am proud to say I only bought Infuisium 23 leave in conditioner. I have personally never used it before but I have seen how many people use it as a staple product. My hair looks about the same from last week but I will probably wash it this Wednesday or Thursday.

Now question for you ladies. I am going to need a conditioner soon. Any must haves that you ladies would suggest. I know that Curly Nikki uses the DevaCurl line but it is a little on the pricey side. But I might have to dig in the pockets and go for it. My beautician does use the KeraCare line. Might go ahead and purchase that. I hope all is well!
ColdDiva
ColdDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 16th November 2009, 10:17 pm

Before suggesting conditioners, are you CG? Do you plan to stay away from 'cones, parabens and harsh ingredients?
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Serenity23 16th November 2009, 11:31 pm

For conditioners, I deep condition twice per week and alternate b/t one that has protein in it and one that is good for moisture. I use Elasta Qp for moisture and Hair Mayo. I also sometimes do oil treatments with Carol's Daughter Lisa's Hair Elixir. I have color and my hair doesn't dry out.
Serenity23
Serenity23

Back to top Go down

Post by curly+kinky+fierce 16th November 2009, 11:39 pm

ColdDiva wrote:Wow can't believe I let the whole day go by without checkin in with you beautiful ladies....I hope everyone enjoyed their weekend.

Today I went to good ol Walmart. Now I had no intention to by hair products and I am proud to say I only bought Infuisium 23 leave in conditioner. I have personally never used it before but I have seen how many people use it as a staple product. My hair looks about the same from last week but I will probably wash it this Wednesday or Thursday.

Now question for you ladies. I am going to need a conditioner soon. Any must haves that you ladies would suggest. I know that Curly Nikki uses the DevaCurl line but it is a little on the pricey side. But I might have to dig in the pockets and go for it. My beautician does use the KeraCare line. Might go ahead and purchase that. I hope all is well!

I second Chrs's question....For if u arent using cones I would suggest Giovanni's line of conditioner...if u are going to be a modified CG...I like Herbal Essence Hello Hydration or Organic Root Stimulator Deep replenishing conditioner..& Cantu Shea Butter Leave in...but it all depends on ur routine *ColdDiva* Icon_biggrin
curly+kinky+fierce
curly+kinky+fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by ColdDiva 17th November 2009, 11:34 am

@Chrs Yes I am a CG. And I haven't quite got to the level where I truly am concerned about certain ingredients.
@Thanks I might try the Hair Mayo...my hair loves heavy conditioners...the hair elixir by Carol's didn't hydrate enough.
@Curly I might look up and try that Giovanni line. I like to wear my hair straight and curly.

Thanks Ladies! Smile
ColdDiva
ColdDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by A85 17th November 2009, 11:53 am

The Herbal Essences totally twisted or Hello hydration conditioners work really well....I also like Giovanni conditioners. Also if you choose to do a spritz/mist try Suave Coconut or Humectant mixed with water for curly days.

Also next time you wear it curly remember to try the high ponytail at night. My curls in the front are limp too and anytime I do a low pony they get straight bcuz the hair is bein stretched more as it dries.
A85
A85

Back to top Go down

Post by ColdDiva 17th November 2009, 12:01 pm

@A85 Thanks!...I think I'm gonna wash my hair tomorrow maybe Thursday. I truly wish I knew how to do my own two strand flat twist...That wold be perfect for these last few months of transitioning!
ColdDiva
ColdDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Lanamarie 17th November 2009, 3:25 pm

Cold Diva... I have used every conditioner under the sun and am still looking. LOL. I used the Keracare line for a year or so. It worked well for the first few months but at that point I was a slave to the perm. Not sure how it would work on Natural or transitioning hair. I used Kenra also. I think that's a good conditioner as well but my hair built a resistance to that as well. Presently I'm using the Herbal Essence Hello Hydration conditioner and honestly it's been a savior to my tangles. I purchased the Devacare One last week and plan to use it today so I'll keep you posted if it's worth the $18 (I too thought it was rather pricey but I'm willing to not eat for a day for well-conditioned hair. LOL). I also plan to try Jane Carter solution because my friend also swears by that line.
Lanamarie
Lanamarie

Back to top Go down

*ColdDiva* Empty Day12

Post by ColdDiva 18th November 2009, 12:35 am

Ok so my hair is a bit blah today...I noticed that my hair has a time limit for when it is ready to be washed. I noticed that it starts to shed when it is at that stage that it is ready to be cleansed. But I stubbornly try to hold on to a hair style since I do not want to work thru styling my hair. I guess another plus when I finish transitioning to a complete natural girl...I want be so hesitant to let go of a straight hairstyle since I know a beautiful curly hairstyle is just around the corner! Night ladies I will post some fresh hair pics after I was it tomorrow or Thursday!
ColdDiva
ColdDiva

Back to top Go down

*ColdDiva* Empty Conditioner Suggestions

Post by ChrsLvsBks 18th November 2009, 11:57 am

I suggest the following for deep conditioning--Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose, Aubrey Organics White Camellia, JC Replenishing Conditioner and Giovanni 50-50. Each is thick and creamy with the AO's being the most thick and creamy of them all. I would suggest AO's Island Naturals however it has protein, and I was not sure if you were protein sensitive.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by ColdDiva 18th November 2009, 12:59 pm

Hey Chrs!....Thank you for those...Sally's here I come!...I am actually protein sensitive....something that I just learned last night. After I told one of my natural friends my experiences with protein rich products...At least I have one thing that my hair doesn't like!
ColdDiva
ColdDiva

Back to top Go down

*ColdDiva* Empty Sally's & Natural Hair Care Line

Post by ChrsLvsBks 18th November 2009, 1:19 pm

ColdDiva wrote:Hey Chrs!....Thank you for those...Sally's here I come!...I am actually protein sensitive....something that I just learned last night. After I told one of my natural friends my experiences with protein rich products...At least I have one thing that my hair doesn't like!

FYI--I have visited more than one Sally's in my area. None carry any of the lines I mentioned. I know they carry the Organic Root Stimulator Deep Conditioner so many like. It has cones and I used it frequently with great results before I tried natural options.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 18th November 2009, 2:02 pm

u can purchase giovanni at wal-mart(sale), target, whole foods (sale) and vitamin shoppe. you can purchase AO at whole foods and vitamin shoppe. HTH.
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

*ColdDiva* Empty Day13

Post by ColdDiva 18th November 2009, 11:42 pm

Tonite I am going to do a pre-treatment of my favorite restorative treatment Ojon! I was getting a little geeked today since they were featured live on QVC today. I was first introduced to Ojon by QVC many years ago and fell in love with it after the first application. It is pricey...my only indulgence besides a monthly or bi-monthly salon visit. There is always a noticeable different when I do or don't use the product (well when I was relaxed I noticed). So tomorrow going to do a basic random two-strand twist and perhaps take them out on Friday for work. I'll post pics.
ColdDiva
ColdDiva

Back to top Go down

*ColdDiva* Empty Day14

Post by ColdDiva 19th November 2009, 11:33 pm

Ok so I just finished co-washing my hair. Tonight I used the Hello Hydration since you ladies say thats a good one to try. I used some Infusium 23 leave in conditioner and finally some Cantu Shea Butter to seal in the ends. I then proceeded with ALL my might to do a two strand flat twist....so so so sad...But I tried...So the end result is half two strand flat twist and the other loose random twist rolled up with rollers. I was going to post a pic. Its not that I'm chicken...but I thought truly what could you ladies learn from that elementary school level demo. I am not being hard on myself but I am being truthfull....I truly take my hats off to you ladies who do you hair and make it look so good when you set it! Amazes me...ok so I am going to use the diffuser since I never go to bed with a soaking wet head. I will take them out tomorrow and I promise promise promise no matter what the end result that I will post the pics!
ColdDiva
ColdDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 20th November 2009, 12:26 am

we are all here to help one another. so, please don't feel shy for posting pics! i mean, look at my pic from Monday. i think its imperative that we all show the good, bad and down right ugly because its a journey. we all didn't perfect our styles in one try because it takes practice. so, don't feel bad! some of us are still working on perfecting our styles (me, included). i am thrilled that you attempted the two strand twists so soon!! next time, you will be able to do even more! don't give up!
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by Serenity23 20th November 2009, 1:12 am

I agree with Dajewel. Part of a hair journal or any journal for that matter is to record the ups and downs and see how you've progressed over time. We all had a "1st" twist or braid or knots or whatever and I'm pretty sure none of them were perfect. You will get the hang of it!
Serenity23
Serenity23

Back to top Go down

Post by ColdDiva 20th November 2009, 1:26 am

Your right!...Thank you for the encouragement DaJewel & Serenity...so with that said...here are some pics from tonights two strand flat/random loose twist!...lol!
*ColdDiva* Dsc02417
*ColdDiva* Dsc02418
*ColdDiva* Dsc02419
ColdDiva
ColdDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by A85 20th November 2009, 2:09 pm

It is great that you posted pix becuz now you can get tips and pointers!!! This is pretty good for your first try...like seriously. What I think you can do is work on trying to stay as close to your head as possible and if it helps you can say "twist ...pickup" over and over until ur done with that twist I know it sounds silly but sometimes saying what you have to do while your doing it really helps
A85
A85

Back to top Go down

*ColdDiva* Empty Good Job for First Time

Post by ChrsLvsBks 20th November 2009, 2:23 pm

I place my hair in two rows also when doing a goddess braid out (flat twist, two strand flat twist, etc.). I feel you get more fullness.

I never thought about doing the ones to the front going forward. I am going to try it. See, you are able to help those of us who have been natural for a while *ColdDiva* Icon_cheers .
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 13 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next