CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any Questions for the MakeupVixen?

5 posters

Go down

Any Questions for the MakeupVixen? Empty Any Questions for the MakeupVixen?

Post by makeupvixen 13th January 2010, 12:54 pm

Hey ladies. I've been getting questions about makeup and skin care so I decided to anser them in this topic.

I have worked for MAC for over 7 years and I have global experience with makeup. If you have a question please feel free to ask. I can also be found in the Bar N Butters Challenge as well.

Can't wait to hear from you.

Stay Curly and Glossy Kiss,
The MakeupVixen
makeupvixen
makeupvixen

http://makeupvixen.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Any Questions for the MakeupVixen? Empty Re: Any Questions for the MakeupVixen?

Post by tsa919 13th January 2010, 11:01 pm

Hey makeupvixen,

Can you tell from lookin at my pic what MAC foundation shade I need?
tsa919
tsa919

Back to top Go down

Post by makeupvixen 14th January 2010, 11:26 am

By looking at the avatar picture it's hard because of the flash, it makes the skin appear lighter and I can't see if you have red undertones or yellow.

Going off just the avatar it's an NC45 to NC50, if you look at the lighter part of your wrist you will see if you have red or yellow undertones. If it's more red then NW40, if it's more of a yellow then NC45 or NC50.

If you want to send my a private message with a photo or include some other photos I would be more than happy to take a look.
makeupvixen
makeupvixen

Back to top Go down

Post by cutephantasm 14th January 2010, 1:38 pm

ooo i have the same question!! i have red AND yellow undertones, however more on the red side...the best foundations I've found were cover fx (b45 liquid foundation)and makeup forever 180 liquid foundation)...I have dry skin, so which would you say is the best MAC foundation (or overall foundation) for someone like me?
cutephantasm
cutephantasm

Back to top Go down

Post by makeupvixen 14th January 2010, 1:50 pm

cutephantasm wrote:ooo i have the same question!! i have red AND yellow undertones, however more on the red side...the best foundations I've found were cover fx (b45 liquid foundation)and makeup forever 180 liquid foundation)...I have dry skin, so which would you say is the best MAC foundation (or overall foundation) for someone like me?

From what you are descrbing MUFE liquid foundation would be the best unless you have a problem with it. I love MAC but I can't wear their foundation everyday or else I will breakout and so does a lot of my clients. I've actually been using other brands like Mark, MUFE, Coastal Scents, Origins abd Bare Essentials.

If you really wanted to dabble in MAC foundations I would go with NW50 with your complexion (close to 180 by MUFE). The studio fix powder would probably be too drying for you so I would go with the Mouisture Blend foundation, it has great coveration and some moisturizer already in it, it's not as heavy as Studio Tech and less cakey. Were you looking for a liquid by MAC?

Since you have dry skin you need a good moisturizer, for super dry skin Philosphy's When Hope Is Not Enough is GREAT. (I use this on my clients that have sun burns, faced cancer, or had some bad cosmetic surgery as well). For plain old dry skin then Philosophy's Hope in a Jar is good. If you wanted a moisturizer with more benefits in it the go with Murad's, I use either the Pomergranet one or the Vitamin C one.
makeupvixen
makeupvixen

Back to top Go down

Post by cutephantasm 14th January 2010, 3:27 pm

Thanks soo much for your response!! I wanted to know if MAC would be better, but if you say MUFE would suit me better, then I will stay with that! I totally love their concealer palette, its the ONLY thing i can use to conceal dark under eye circles!! Ihave a concealer from mac but it just doesnt work for me....actually, most of macs products dont work for me (I thought maybe the MUA's at the location I went to just sucked lol but it may just be me!) Everyone raves about MAC so I assumed it may be superior...

I have a GREAT moisturizer that I got from Israel...(I have family there so I go once a year and stock up!) but I will look into Murads...
cutephantasm
cutephantasm

Back to top Go down

Post by Key 14th January 2010, 6:47 pm

Hey dear, I don’t wear make-up at all and I would like to play around and see what it looks like on me. I would like to start off with more natural colors then work my way up to the fun stuff! I have a few Mac products i.e. love the

c-thru and oyster girl glosses and I have a couple of eye shadows. Are there any shades you recommend I start with….then I will have to figure out how to put them on Lol

Thanks!!!
Key
Key

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 22nd January 2010, 5:50 pm

Hi Makeupvixen...

My question(s): How do you get eye shadow to STAY ON? Also, what's really the RIGHT way to apply it? Help!

I don't wear much make-up, but I like to dress up my eyes at times...I'd like to do it right...say for work, then in a more dramatic way for the nightlife.

I'm so glad you put this here...I was thinking of asking you when I saw your name...I'm like surely she could help me with this! ;-)

Thank you!
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down