CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aloe Vera Gel

+4
dajewel
Tiffy2
Intelligentbeauty
ChrsLvsBks
8 posters

Go down

Aloe Vera Gel Empty Aloe Vera Gel

Post by ChrsLvsBks 14th November 2009, 1:38 pm

I purchased aloe vera gel for my hair. On other threads, others mentioned applying it to their skin. The gel I have has to be refrigerated. Do you put the cold gel directly on your face?

What are the benefits of aloe vera on your skin?

Does it help dry and oily skin?
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Aloe Vera Gel Empty Re: Aloe Vera Gel

Post by Intelligentbeauty 15th November 2009, 12:42 am

I use aloe mixed with honey and evoo as a mixture to give my face a DT after the amla powder mixture. I find it replenishes just enough to make my skin look clean and moisturized. I have oily skin.
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiffy2 21st November 2009, 1:21 am

I keep hearing about this "aloe gel" where do you buy this stuff? I seen a bottle of aloe gel at walmart,is that it? can someone post a pic of it so I can see how it looks?! THANKS!!!!
Tiffy2
Tiffy2

https://facebook.com/cherrikissez

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 21st November 2009, 10:56 am

Tiffy2, you can buy the gel in a healthfood store or if you have a whole foods by you. The aloe vera gel is not usually in the hair care section. It is in the nutritionals. Its aloe that you ingest. It doesnt contain alcohol. It should be 100 percent or at least 99 percent with a mold inhibitor, ph stablizer, and a thickening agent. But that is it. Also should be around 5 bucks. Be sure to refrigerate once openned because contains no preservative. Good Luck!
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 21st November 2009, 12:51 pm

you can also use the aloe gel straight from the plant. aloe is one of my go-to products!
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiffy2 21st November 2009, 3:07 pm

thanks Intellingentbeauty! I think I seen some at walmart,and it was pretty cheap!
Tiffy2
Tiffy2

https://facebook.com/cherrikissez

Back to top Go down

Aloe Vera Gel Empty DT Questions

Post by ChrsLvsBks 22nd November 2009, 1:01 am

Intelligentbeauty wrote:I use aloe mixed with honey and evoo as a mixture to give my face a DT after the amla powder mixture. I find it replenishes just enough to make my skin look clean and moisturized. I have oily skin.
I have started using my Ayurvedic powders. What's your mixture for the aloe, honey and EVOO? How long do you leave it on? How often do you do the DT?
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 22nd November 2009, 1:38 am

I mixed half aloe and half honey with just a splash of evoo. But I experimented some more and found that majority aloe with a big drop of pure honey (I use the one with the honeycomb inside) mixed and applied as a massage entire face for a few minutes. Then I rinsed well, patted dry and applied 2 fingertips dips of EVOO to my entire face. I like these results much better. Try both ways, see which one works for you.
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 22nd November 2009, 2:44 am

Thanks for replying so quickly. I'll try it tonight.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 22nd November 2009, 3:05 am

OK, Keep me posted.
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybee84 24th February 2010, 5:48 pm

My skin is very oily and prone to blemishes. I am using Dr. Bonner's soap on my face. It has reduced the frequency of my breakouts. @ Intelligentbeauty I am curious...What are ayurvedic powders? And what are the benefits?

ladybee84

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 26th February 2010, 4:52 am

Hey there Ladybee,
Sorry to get back to you so late.
Ayurvedic powders are alternative medicine powders, also known as Indian powders because of the origin of the practice. They are all natural astringents and cleansers, usually extracted from plants. The benefits are numerous. It helps to smooth the complexion, reduce breakouts, clean skin without abrasive methods, soften the skin, adds glow to the skin, cleans pores, removes acne, spots, and skin blemishes.

I love to use Amla, Multani, and orange peel. Mix with rose water or distilled/filtered water to form a paste. Apply to face for about 30 mins (will harden on you ) then gently rinse off. No squeezing necessary. LOVE THAT!!

I would recommend using one at a time on your skin first.

Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybee84 26th February 2010, 5:09 pm

@intelligentbeauty where can I buy ayurvedic powders? Thank you for the info. I am really enjoying this site- it is so informative! I also am looking into doing the Oil Cleansing Method b/c I have used every product out there and still I have a BIG problem with breakouts. So I will try anything to get this under control. What is your view on this?

ladybee84

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 27th February 2010, 3:26 am

Your welcome, Ladybee.
You can find these powders at your local Indian store or online.
I have tried the oil cleansing method. It did not work for me. I believe it was because I didn't have the right combination of oils. So I got frustrated with it. But these powders to me are the best. I have no skin issues at all. And I love the fact that I can do it once a week and that is enough. Very Happy
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by HAMPTONSFNST 2nd March 2010, 2:07 pm

Intelligentbeauty,

What do you use as a daily cleanser? I am currently using the CVS brand of Neutrogena's foaming face wash. I exfoliate with an apricot scrub every other day and moisturize with Neutrogena's Healthy Skin w/ spf 15. I'm still experiencing breakouts mostly on my forehead and around my hairline.
HAMPTONSFNST
HAMPTONSFNST

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 2nd March 2010, 6:51 pm

Hey there,
I use a daily cleansing liquid called thoroughly clean face wah with organic tea tree oil and awapuhi by desert essence. I love this stuff. Then I moisturizer with a little whipped shea/oil mix or a hint of glycerin and mango butter mix. It is cold over here right now
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by rinkbh 24th December 2010, 4:21 am

Hear all things are really nice. Also I use all aloe vera products It is one of the best products. It is very effective. I daily use aloe vera in my face and hair. In aloe vera products like cream, shampoo, conditioner, jail, moisturiser, and bleach.

rinkbh

Back to top Go down

Post by suzamattew 29th January 2011, 4:31 am

Aloe Vera is best for skin and hair. Aloe Vera gel is good in any type of skin burn. It will make smooth and shiny make hair.

suzamattew

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down