CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Those who live in the los angeles area

+2
jada1111
truet
6 posters

Go down

Those who live in the los angeles area Empty Those who live in the los angeles area

Post by truet 8th January 2010, 1:59 am

i live around the long beach area and I was wondering where do you buy your oils, shea butter and other prouducts. Thanks
truet
truet

Back to top Go down

Those who live in the los angeles area Empty Re: Those who live in the los angeles area

Post by jada1111 9th January 2010, 5:00 am

Many of the products listed here can be found at Wilshire Beauty Supply on Wilshire near La Brea. They sell all Miss Jessies, Kinky Curly, Curls and I think Devacare, but I'm not too sure.

Naimies on Riverside Drive by North Hollywood. Naimies.com for more info.

Kinky Curly and Jane Carter Solutions at Whole Foods.

Ouidad and Carols Daughter can be found at Sephora.

jada1111

Back to top Go down

Those who live in the los angeles area Empty Re: Those who live in the los angeles area

Post by truet 10th January 2010, 12:47 am

thanks jada1111
truet
truet

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 13th January 2010, 5:45 pm

Wilshire Beauty does sell DevaCare/Devacurl, it's where I got mine from. I usually get my oils when they are on sale at Whole Foods or a health food store in Pasadena.
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by makeupvixen 12th March 2010, 1:21 pm

I get my shea butter from Shea Essentials online by bulk but if I need some real fast there is a Beauty Supply (real small) Off Centinela past La Brea in Inglewood (near my house), across from AAA.

OIls I get from Sally's (Argan Oil). Hair masks I found by chance at the Nordstrom Rack at the Bridge, go figure, lol, it was some type of Maccodamia Nut Mask that normally costs a ton but I got a large jar for $15. Almond OIls and what whats I get from Whole Foods, I shop the one in El Segundo across from MAC Cosmetics where I use to work. They also have Shea Butter but I like the ones I get from my online supplier.

DevaCare stuff I found at Inglewood Beauty Supply off Market and Florence near CVS.

I heard Miss Jessies was coming to Target at the end of March... I could be worng.

I lived in Long Beach for about a year (dorms at CSULB before transferring to LMU) and I didn't find too many natural hair stores.

I do love Karen's Body Beautiful and use it a lot but it's online sold online and in NYC.
makeupvixen
makeupvixen

http://makeupvixen.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by makeupvixen 12th March 2010, 1:34 pm

I did hear that Shades of Afrika in Long Beach carries Shea Butter and other oils and what whats.

1001 E 4th St
Long Beach, CA 90802

(562) 436-2210
makeupvixen
makeupvixen

Back to top Go down

Post by Ni'Cole 19th December 2010, 5:59 am

Does anyone ever go to Trader Joe's? I know in MI they have the best prices for Vitamin E oil and Jojoba oil.
Ni'Cole
Ni'Cole

https://www.youtube.com/user/SigAlphAce?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post by makeupvixen 19th December 2010, 11:40 am

Yes, I shop at Trader Joes here in Los Angeles
makeupvixen
makeupvixen

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 21st December 2010, 10:23 pm

Hillary!!! Yay! I love Trader Joes! And I spend most of my paycheck there as well, LOL. I need to check there stock prices because they need to make some money for me! lol!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by Cupcake415 22nd December 2010, 1:55 pm

makeupvixen wrote:I did hear that Shades of Afrika in Long Beach carries Shea Butter and other oils and what whats.

1001 E 4th St
Long Beach, CA 90802

(562) 436-2210

I've been to Shadez of Afrika, nice, but pricey, lol

I go to Hair Zone off of Crenshaw and Manchester...
It's sad that we have to go away from Long Beach to find a good beauty supply, lol
Cupcake415
Cupcake415

Back to top Go down

Post by makeupvixen 23rd December 2010, 1:48 am

Hair Zone? I live in that area, I'm going to have to check them out. See! Product junkie kicking in again, LOL
makeupvixen
makeupvixen

Back to top Go down

Post by Cupcake415 23rd December 2010, 2:46 pm

makeupvixen wrote:Hair Zone? I live in that area, I'm going to have to check them out. See! Product junkie kicking in again, LOL

lol!
That's where I go for now... BUT it is a pretty good sized beauty supply!

As far as Organic stuff like Natural Shea Butter... NOT there! But good regular products!
Cupcake415
Cupcake415

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down