CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Curly hair stylist in the Los Angeles area?

5 posters

Go down

Curly hair stylist in the Los Angeles area? Empty Curly hair stylist in the Los Angeles area?

Post by Kshamile 22nd January 2010, 2:48 pm

Can anyone recommend a stylist in the LA area who has experience in trimming hair without requiring that you straighten your hair first?

By the way, is there any benefit to the way the hair will look in the end when it is trimmed while wet/curly as opposed to while dry/straight? For instance, I've read that the stylist who works on curly heads knows exactly where to cut on the hair shaft, whereas those trained on straight hair don't really know the difference it makes on the hairstyle.

Thanks for your help, ladies!
Kshamile
Kshamile

Back to top Go down

Curly hair stylist in the Los Angeles area? Empty Re: Curly hair stylist in the Los Angeles area?

Post by cherry 22nd January 2010, 9:48 pm

I got my hair cute at Mahogany Hair Revolution on 490 South San Vicente, #10, Los Angeles, CA 90048 yesterday.

I asked for my hair to be cut dry and so she washed my hair. Blow dried it sort of straight (puffy affro) and then trimmed the split ends. The cut is fine but more than I had wanted but I'm not unhappy. I had meant for her to cut my hair while it was curly but I didn't voice that.
cherry
cherry

Back to top Go down

Curly hair stylist in the Los Angeles area? Empty Re: Curly hair stylist in the Los Angeles area?

Post by makeupvixen 22nd March 2010, 5:47 pm

bumping! I want to know more about natural salons in LA too. One with No Heat other than a steamer or chair dryer.
makeupvixen
makeupvixen

http://makeupvixen.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Curly hair stylist in the Los Angeles area? Empty LA Hairstylist

Post by cherry 22nd March 2010, 5:51 pm

They are hard to find so I'm planning to trim my own hair in the future since I don't need a hairstyle just a trim. They all seem to use heat!
cherry
cherry

Back to top Go down

Post by FrankliDanni 25th March 2010, 5:07 pm

Sadly I'm thinking they don't exist! I told my hairstylist the other day that I wanted to be completely natural, meaning no heat since I've never had a perm, and she looked at me like I was crazy and changed the subject. It was a little disheartening to say the least...
FrankliDanni
FrankliDanni

http://1imall.com

Back to top Go down

Post by middlegirl 31st March 2010, 2:32 pm

I know of a hair stylist who trims and/or cuts hair while wet. She isn't a natural hair stylist per se, but she does practice healthy hair techniques. For example, she refuses to use a blow dryer on your hair and will only use a hood dryer to dry your hair. If interested, here's the info:

Aster's Hair Studio

1045 S Fairfax Ave Los Angeles, CA 90019 ยป Map (323) 930-9624

HTH!

middlegirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down