CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anybody know about Hydratherma Naturals ?

+5
coilykinks
reggiestr
Curly Film Chick
Silkee
vonda4b
9 posters

Go down

Anybody know about Hydratherma Naturals ? Empty Anybody know about Hydratherma Naturals ?

Post by vonda4b 6th January 2010, 6:28 pm

I've been reading and reading on this line and it seems it's pretty good with helping with balancing moisture and protein and helping with hair growth. Has anyone used this product line?
vonda4b
vonda4b

Back to top Go down

Anybody know about Hydratherma Naturals ? Empty Re: Anybody know about Hydratherma Naturals ?

Post by Silkee 11th January 2010, 5:47 pm

Hi vonda4b

I currently use this product line but my experience is limited. I started Jan 1, so I haven't been using it long enough to notice a difference. I cut off everything else I was doing to try this product line for hopefully 6 months to see if it really works. Of course I will stop if I see an adverse reaction but I just wanted to really find something that works for me so that I won't constantly buy products and not use them long enough to determine a difference.

Hopefully someone else will respond that can share experiences.
Silkee
Silkee

Back to top Go down

Anybody know about Hydratherma Naturals ? Empty Re: Anybody know about Hydratherma Naturals ?

Post by Curly Film Chick 11th January 2010, 6:36 pm

I've heard of it but didn't hear to many reviews about it
Curly Film Chick
Curly Film Chick

http://www.quirkycurlyfilmchick.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by reggiestr 1st May 2010, 9:33 am

Silkee, I feel your pain!

I too just order the Hydratherma products hoping that the products will work for me and I can stop spending my money on every single product on the market. How's it working for you?

reggiestr

Back to top Go down

Post by Silkee 1st May 2010, 4:58 pm

@ reggiestr

I like the HN line. It definitely keeps my hair soft and I love the smell and texture of the products. I have to admit that I haven't seen a huge leap in my hair as far as growth but I do feel my hair is healthy which is the key.

My plan was to solely use that product line for 6 months to be able to make an informed decision but that's hard when you stay on hair blogs always reading about the next best thing... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I have consistently gone back to the products though as I use them about every other wash; I wash weekly.

All in all though, I have found other products that give me a similar result. This is not to take away from HN, just stating that there are other products that work just as well for me; some a little less expensive.

I hope this helps.
Silkee
Silkee

Back to top Go down

Post by coilykinks 1st May 2010, 5:42 pm

I have the growth oil and I love the smell. I also have the moisturizing lotion and I have not used that yet. I am in the 30day product challenge so I will probably get a chance to use this and make a decision about whether I like it or not soon. I may need to do my research on whats in the shampoo, because I need a good gentle shampoo.
coilykinks
coilykinks

Back to top Go down

Post by pdarden 2nd May 2010, 1:21 am

i love the smell of this product line... i can't pinpoint it... vanilla maybe... but something else also....
pdarden
pdarden

Back to top Go down

Post by reggiestr 2nd May 2010, 9:52 am

Thanks Silkee,

Your info (along with the others curlies) does help. If it can at least make my hair healthy, that's enough for me. I can also stop "looking for the next best thing" and focus my energy somewhere else.

reggiestr

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 3rd May 2010, 6:38 pm

I just ordered the sample set of all the products. I will post about my experience once I use them.

http://www.healthyhairjourney.com/untitled11.html

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by Erica5417 3rd May 2010, 8:22 pm

coilykinks wrote:I have the growth oil and I love the smell. I also have the moisturizing lotion and I have not used that yet. I am in the 30day product challenge so I will probably get a chance to use this and make a decision about whether I like it or not soon. I may need to do my research on whats in the shampoo, because I need a good gentle shampoo.

The shampoos have sodium laureth sulfate so they may not be too gentle
Erica5417
Erica5417

http://ericathurman.ennoir.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 17th May 2010, 11:59 am

The only products I really liked from the set are the deep conditioning treatments. There's a moisturizing one and a protein one. They leave the hair very soft.

LaToya28

Back to top Go down

Anybody know about Hydratherma Naturals ? Empty Hydratherma Naturals

Post by naturallyMe08 19th May 2010, 9:09 pm

I haven't personally used this product line, but youtube has some really good reviews of the line.
naturallyMe08
naturallyMe08

Back to top Go down

Post by reggiestr 11th June 2010, 4:46 am

Review after six weeks:

I have very kinky, very fine hair (4a/b with some 3c around the edges). I did my big chop over a year ago. However, my hair has not done well since then.

When I first used Hydratherma, it made my hair so moisturized, it felt a little wet when it wasn't. However, I did have some issues along the way. My hair started to feel very brittle like straw. I spoke to Saleemah the owner and she was very helpful in helping me figure it out.

I bought the sample set to try the products. So here's a review of each product in the order they are used:

1. Clarifying shampoo- I tried it twice. However, it made my hair very brittle from the start. I eventually stopped using it.

2. Moisturizing shampoo- It helped take away some of the brittle feeling, but not enough. Stopped using it.

3. Protein Deep Cond.- Wow! I never used a protein conditioner before that actually leaves her hair soft. If your just looking for a protein treatment this is a good one.

4. Moisturizing Deep Cond.- You're suppose to alternate each week between the protein & moisture d.p. This is a good conditioner. Are there others out there just as good? yes. But I'll keep this one too.

5. Follicle Invigorator- I have a very sensitive scalp and the first time I used it, it made my scalp itchy. But I reduced my usage for a little while. After a couple of weeks, I was able to use it everyday with no problem.

6. Protein leave-in - This one gave me a little trouble. This too made my hair a little brittle. I guess I'm a little protein sensitive. However, I reduced my usage for awhile and added more moisture. And now I can use it everyday in small amounts.

7. Moisturizing Growth Lotion- Does a good job moisturizing. A little definitely goes a long way. I can be heavy handed with hair products. So sometimes I put too much and my hair will get a little too oily. Works really well with the follicle invigorator.

8. Grow Oil- I use this one very sparingly, since on occasion I use too much growth lotion.

Well, you may say why go through all the trouble with these hair products? Because in spite of it all, trying to figure out the right balance of protein & moisture, my hair actually has grown since I started using them. Also, I had a very thin spot in the front for a couple of years. It has now grown in.

A few of the products, if used alone, may seem average. However, the magic with Hydratherma is that the products work very well together. My hair has grown so much in the six weeks i've been using the products. I really like the line and will continue to use it.

For anyone looking to try the products, I strongly recommend trying the samples first. That way you could try to find the right protein/moisture balance for your hair first, before spending more money on the full size bottles.

Hope this review helps someone.

reggiestr

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 11th June 2010, 12:56 pm

Thanks for the review reggiestr, I'm glad they worked for you. I agree the protein and moisture treatments are really good. I bought the sample set, but it is now available on the swap board if anyone is interested in trying it.

LaToya28

Back to top Go down

Post by reggiestr 11th June 2010, 10:31 pm

LaToya28 wrote:Thanks for the review reggiestr, I'm glad they worked for you. I agree the protein and moisture treatments are really good. I bought the sample set, but it is now available on the swap board if anyone is interested in trying it.

I'm glad too. I was tired of running through every product on the market (and so was my wallet). Thanks again for the sample link.

reggiestr

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down