CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Challenge #1: One Gallon of WATER a day

+10
Tamren
raina
divadr175
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)
LuvMeLuvMyFro
AfrikanLatina
traveljunkie08
sweetdrk1
ChrsLvsBks
NikG20
14 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Challenge #1: One Gallon of WATER a day - Page 2 Empty Re: Challenge #1: One Gallon of WATER a day

Post by Tamren 2nd January 2010, 11:11 pm

I just finished my gallon. I'm drinking water before a meal and when I get up in the morning. That's one of my game plans. Laughing
Tamren
Tamren

Back to top Go down

Challenge #1: One Gallon of WATER a day - Page 2 Empty Re: Challenge #1: One Gallon of WATER a day

Post by rreberhardt 3rd January 2010, 12:01 am

tamren* wrote:I just finished my gallon. I'm drinking water before a meal and when I get up in the morning. That's one of my game plans. Laughing

@tamren-the scheduled water drinking sounds like a good ieea. I was only able to get about 40 oz down, but tomorrow will be a better water day!
rreberhardt
rreberhardt

Back to top Go down

Post by NikG20 3rd January 2010, 12:47 am

just finished my gal. babyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!! woot! today was easier.

goooooooo tamren!! I need to start doing that.

rreberhardt, good job!
NikG20
NikG20

http://www.beadsbraidsbeyond.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cutephantasm 3rd January 2010, 1:20 am

i cant join this one...i have a small bladder...lol but good luck ladies!
cutephantasm
cutephantasm

Back to top Go down

Post by FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c) 3rd January 2010, 2:13 am

Okay i had 7 dasani 16 ozs so......117 oz...errrrr so close; yet so far but congrats to er'body. I just like to challenge myself someway. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)
FrizzyWaves(formerly 3c)

Back to top Go down

Post by raina 3rd January 2010, 2:31 am

I didnt make my goal today. I only got in 48 ozs.
raina
raina

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamren 3rd January 2010, 2:37 pm

Okay..so I've been able to get 3 cups in. Running to get some more. drunken Trying to incorporate some exercise in before work tonight.
Tamren
Tamren

Back to top Go down

Post by NikG20 3rd January 2010, 4:16 pm

Ok so scratch the gallon I drank yesterday b/c I ended up drinking more, total of 148oz.

Keep up the good work ladies!
NikG20
NikG20

Back to top Go down

Post by raina 4th January 2010, 1:13 am

got in sixty four ozs, going by wt i am three ozs short but i cant drink another drop.
raina
raina

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 4th January 2010, 12:06 pm

I did it yesterday 128+ oz. I keep my water bottle filled at home and take it with me wherever I go. I went out to eat yesterday so I made sure to drink a couple of glasses while there. I only ate half of my meal [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] . I did eat five chocolate covered bon bons [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] .

Back at work today and hoping I can meet my goal of 128+ oz until Friday. So far, I have drank 28oz.

After this week, I plan to drink 105 oz. based on weight.

Tips: Drink water as soon as you get up before you get out of bed or right after you visit the bathroom.
Drink water prior to meals.
Drink water during workouts (never done this).
Keep track of water intake on calendar at work so I do not lose track.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NikG20 4th January 2010, 12:54 pm

Great job raina.

That's great Chrs! Nice tips. I always drink water during my workouts, I need it! lol If I don't I will roll over and die. Neutral I really need to drink water prior to meals so I'll eat less. It really does work. Now it's a matter of doing it all the time...

I got 128oz in yesterday.
NikG20
NikG20

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvMeLuvMyFro 4th January 2010, 2:36 pm

On Saturday I was able to drink the gallon [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] but the rest of the day I felt like my head was swimming. I know that it is due to the small period of time I consume the water so on Sunday I drank the amount of water in accord to my body weight and that went better. Another issue I am having is it being so cold! I am not as thirsty as I would be and I have to heat the water now. I never really drink cold water anyway most of the time it is lukewarm.
LuvMeLuvMyFro
LuvMeLuvMyFro

http://www.designsavvysalon.com

Back to top Go down

Post by divadr175 4th January 2010, 4:13 pm

Made my gallon today! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I just have a gallon jug at my desk at the office and keep drinking in between patients. Never been to the bathroom so much in 1 day at work. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
divadr175
divadr175

Back to top Go down

Post by raina 4th January 2010, 4:48 pm

I am off to a bad start today. Had doc appt didnt drink a thing. I had the nerve to stop at bob evans and ordered hot chocolate mocha drink(on the way back).Had wendys for lunch and had a pop [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I am going to try and turn this around before midnight.
raina
raina

Back to top Go down

Post by NikG20 4th January 2010, 7:05 pm

Woo Go Luvmeluvmyfro!! lol My water must be cold!

Great work divadr!! I know what you mean. When I was pregnant with my son I had to drink over 1 gallon a day. I lived in the bathroom!

Oh nooo raina! Get it together girly! Don't drink too much in such a short amount of time, just try to get what you can. Good luck. Smile I'm sure you will be back on track.

I'm happy to say I finished my gallon at 4:30pm. cheers I'll probably be drinking more as well. SO bought me some diet soda. Like I needed it.. Evil or Very Mad
NikG20
NikG20

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamren 4th January 2010, 7:22 pm

I'm carrying a bottle with me too..it's making it easier to get that gallon in. Got two more bottles to go.
Tamren
Tamren

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 5th January 2010, 2:34 pm

Wow, NikG20, a gallon before 5 PM. You go miss thang!

I did finish my gallon before 11 PM last night. I would have done better but I went out with hubby shopping right after work (two hours without any water).

@raina, were you able to get in some water. Let us know.

I drink my water lukewarm also LuvMeLuvMyFro. I heard this is best for you since your body temperature is 96 or so degrees.

@Tamren, anything else you do to help you get in your gallon a day?
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamren 5th January 2010, 2:45 pm

I drink at least two bottles (20oz) before 12 noon, and drink one between 3-5 pm, and get 2 in before 11 pm. (this is a new strategy...we'll see if this works!)
Tamren
Tamren

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvMeLuvMyFro 5th January 2010, 3:33 pm

ChrsLvsBks wrote:Wow, NikG20, a gallon before 5 PM. You go miss thang!

I did finish my gallon before 11 PM last night. I would have done better but I went out with hubby shopping right after work (two hours without any water).

@raina, were you able to get in some water. Let us know.

I drink my water lukewarm also LuvMeLuvMyFro. I heard this is best for you since your body temperature is 96 or so degrees.

@Tamren, anything else you do to help you get in your gallon a day?

That's funny because I heard the opposite. I was told that drinking cold water makes your body work to heat it up which leads to burning calories.
LuvMeLuvMyFro
LuvMeLuvMyFro

http://www.designsavvysalon.com

Back to top Go down

Post by divadr175 5th January 2010, 4:12 pm

I've heard both about the temperature thing, but living in Europe for 6 years has me off ice for the most part, so I drink my water room temp unless it's crazy hot outside. Unfortunately, I got completely off track and have only had 32 ounces today at 8 pm. I was using a travel mug and really got thrown off track on amounts, so it's back to the gallon jug tomorrow. For now, will try to drink another 32 ounces before I go to bed.
divadr175
divadr175

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 5th January 2010, 4:42 pm

I like the new avatars - LMLMF & divadr.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by rreberhardt 5th January 2010, 9:19 pm

I have not been able to get my gallon in this week Sad I'm drinking more water than I usually do. The crystal light/drink packets do help me to take more down, but is it really better to drink just straight water??
rreberhardt
rreberhardt

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 6th January 2010, 12:21 am

Rreberhardt, the goal is to drink more water than you usually do so that is good.

I am finishing up my last few ounces right now [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] .

My husband looked at me the other day and said, you are committed. I told him, yes, I was.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by NikG20 6th January 2010, 12:32 am

That is great Chrs!!

I haven't made my gal yet, but I'm sure I will. I ate bad today so boo me. Mad Tomorrow is a new day. I did do 1 hour on the stationary bike. So I guess it's not tooooooo bad.
NikG20
NikG20

Back to top Go down

Post by divadr175 6th January 2010, 6:16 pm

Gallon plus more in today!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Drinking from jug definitely helps.
divadr175
divadr175

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next