CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking for Color Treated Natural to adopt me...

3 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Looking for Color Treated Natural to adopt me... - Page 2 Empty Re: Looking for Color Treated Natural to adopt me...

Post by blondie 22nd February 2010, 9:56 pm

BlondeByDesire wrote:Ok - I need to learn the steps on how to use these products since I'm fully natural now. The Curls line and Elasta QP.

Step by step directions.

Thanks.

OK, give me a final listing of your hair products and we'll go from there.
blondie
blondie

Back to top Go down

Looking for Color Treated Natural to adopt me... - Page 2 Empty Re: Looking for Color Treated Natural to adopt me...

Post by BlondeByDesire 23rd February 2010, 10:34 am

Curls Line:
Curlicious Curls Cleansing Creme
Coconut Sublime Moisturizing Con
Quenched Curls
Curls Gel-les-c
Curls Milkshake

Qheme Biologics:
Amla & Olive Heavy Cream
Olive & Honey Hydrating Balm

Karens Body Beautiful:
Hair Milk
Hair Butter

Giovanni:
Leave-in
Smooth as Silk Con
Triple Treat Con and Shampoo

Donna Marie:
MiraCurl Curling Gelly
Super Butter Creme
MiraCurl Detangle & Con. Moisture Mist Leave-in Condition & Refreshing Spritz
Cocoa hemp Butter Melting Leav-in styling creme

Afroveda:
Pure Whipped gelly
Hemp Seed, Lock, Twist & Roll Butter
Cocolatte Moisture Mask
Carrott Seed Shampoo Bar

Shea Butter
EVOO
EVCO
Jojoba Oil
JBCO (jaimacan black castor oil)
Vitamin E oil
Honey

ElastCare Feels Like Silk (16oz)

Aubrey Organics:
Honey Suckle Rose con
White Camilla con

Co-washes:
VO5 stawberry moisture milk
HE Hello Hydration

Is there anything else I should have that I need to purchase or that you recommend? I see you stress moisturizing your hair a lot. What products do you have to do this with?

My goal is to learn the wash-n-go and be able to achieve 5, 6 or even 7 day hair with it. Along with proper maintenance.

Thank you.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by blondie 23rd February 2010, 9:24 pm

Cowash as needed, clarify once a month.
Cowash with the coconut sublime or any other conditioner. Use the cleansing cream once a week, every 10 days or so. Spritz with quenched curls, add leave in. Can be Giovanni or light conditioner. Apply Elasta QP in sections. Either rake through with your fingers or comb/brush through sections. When completed add light layer Gel-les'c and then hen oil.

When dry (like next day) spritz, add light cream (like Milkshake) and oil. Spritz and moisturize (you can alternate what you use) morning and night. Use FLS/Gel'lec'c for spot styling, always get ends with moisturizer and oil. As you get used to doing it, you will know how much is enough or too much. It may take take time to get the right balance and for your hair to get used to it.
blondie
blondie

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 24th February 2010, 10:06 am

Thank you.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 24th February 2010, 12:20 pm

Blondie -

I just ordered some My Honey Child:

Guava Honey Hair Balm
Caribbean Hair Cream
Organic Shea Butter Hair Paste
Sophia's Old Fashioned Hair Grease

I saw in previous posts in your BNB thread you use these products as well.

My goal is to keep my hair very moisturized as you do - so I can be successful with this natural head of hair.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by blondie 24th February 2010, 8:32 pm

BlondeByDesire wrote:Blondie -

I just ordered some My Honey Child:

Guava Honey Hair Balm - I use this as a moisturizer, especially on my ends...I also sometimes use a small amount on freshly washed hair. 1st Organic shea butter hair paste, cognac & vanilla hair texturizer (not a texturizer or chemical), guava honey hair balm, elasta QP feels like silk. If I use if after a wash/cowash, I use just a small bit, I'm heavier on 2+ etc day hair.
Caribbean Hair Cream - styler on 2+ day hair
Organic Shea Butter Hair Paste - as a leave in, I've only used it as a deep conditioner once! Smile
Sophia's Old Fashioned Hair Grease - me and my ma just love this stuff

I saw in previous posts in your BNB thread you use these products as well.

My goal is to keep my hair very moisturized as you do - so I can be successful with this natural head of hair.

The Cognac & Vanilla Hair Texturizer by My Honey Child (NOT a texturizer or chemical) really helps with frizz. It also helps my wash and gos last longer.
blondie
blondie

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 25th February 2010, 10:14 am

Thanks for being so helpful.

I know you do wash-n-go's exclusively, do you use these products year around?

Do you have spring/summer regime or is it basically the same?
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by blondie 25th February 2010, 10:51 pm

You are very welcome! I am happy to help! Smile

I use thesame products year round. I am convinced that it is your location that is the main factor in what you can or can't use and during what season. I am in VA Beach, so generally we don't have severe winters. For example, I am able to use glycerin year round with no problem.
blondie
blondie

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 11th March 2010, 2:12 pm

I need to do a really good moisturizing DT this weekend overnight on my hair. I would like to incorporate some of these products:

coconut milk,
(maybe?) 1/2 avocado
1tsp honey

What conditioner would you suggest I mix with it. Or should I eliminate something?

Also I'm not sure how much coconut milk to use? I also read they have coconut cream? Have you ever tried that?

Plus, I asked you this in your BNB thread - do you DC overnight on dry hair or do you co-wash first?

I have AOHSR and AO White Camilla conditioners
MHC - Organic Shea Butter Hair Paste

I need to stock up on some more DC's
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by blondie 11th March 2010, 11:57 pm

BlondeByDesire wrote:I need to do a really good moisturizing DT this weekend overnight on my hair. I would like to incorporate some of these products:

coconut milk,
(maybe?) 1/2 avocado
1tsp honey

What conditioner would you suggest I mix with it. Or should I eliminate something?

Also I'm not sure how much coconut milk to use? I also read they have coconut cream? Have you ever tried that?

Plus, I asked you this in your BNB thread - do you DC overnight on dry hair or do you co-wash first?

I have AOHSR and AO White Camilla conditioners
MHC - Organic Shea Butter Hair Paste

I need to stock up on some more DC's

I would say the AOHR...it's much thicker and less chance for dripping. I would put the Shea Butter paste on like a leave in then the AOHR mix on top. But that's just me! Smile
blondie
blondie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2