CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Color Treated Natural Newbie

4 posters

Go down

Color Treated Natural Newbie Empty Color Treated Natural Newbie

Post by 70's BabyGirl 12th February 2010, 12:59 am

Hi everyone, Im Roxi, a total newbie here form Jerz. When I say total newbie, I mean, I dont do my own hair. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I have watched my grandmother, mother,aunts, and sisters in envy all do their own hair. I just didnt have the steady hands or the patience. So I always came out of pocket for anything I wanted done. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now that im older and wiser, I have decided enuff! I have always liked the look of my curly roots in between the relaxers, and decided my last relaxer was well over a year ago. I transitioned via box braids, again more $$. anyways the braids did the trick for the most part, but it put my edges thru hell!

My natural hair is tightly coiled for the most part, but loose coils in the front crown of my head. Im color treated, mostly on the ends now. My coils are very thirsty,frizzy and again tight, hard to manage.

When I wash, I have to detangle after each rinse, or it will be hell to pay when its over. I have tried the pre poo treatment..no luck..hair still feels stripped and dry,rubbery like.

I would love some help,tips, products to try to help me get my hair under control,moisturized, and able to be styled for the office.

Is there any product out there to help loosen my coils.

Im really trying to hang in there with this. I have a box of relaxer hidden in my linen closet. I want to throw it away, along with those Lindor Truffels I hid in the fridge... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Thanks for any help...
70's BabyGirl
70's BabyGirl

Back to top Go down

Color Treated Natural Newbie Empty Re: Color Treated Natural Newbie

Post by 70's BabyGirl 13th February 2010, 9:32 pm

11 views and no offers? wow. did I say something wrong? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
70's BabyGirl
70's BabyGirl

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 14th February 2010, 2:53 pm

I'm color treated as well - transitioning. I keep my hair moisturized and sealed. I co-wash weekly and do a DC weekly as well. I use sulfate free shampoos once a month, eliminate products with cones, sulfates, mineral oil and petroleum in them. I don't use heat at all - only to DC. I use Giovanni Direct as a leave-in and I moisturize with shea butter/coconut oil. Qhemet has a very popular moisterizer called Amla & Olive Heavy Cream. I don't comb my hair only during co-wash days. Little to no manipulation.

What products are you using?

Also look up Blondie on BNB forum - she's a fierce color treated natural. She could provide more info as well. She's my Big Sis on here as well.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by shazzy 19th February 2010, 3:09 pm

this color issue is difficult. I love my hair color but am now wondering if it's really havoc on my hair. My ends are also dry and brittle. I wish I could offer some advise, but I'm struggling through this as well.

shazzy

Back to top Go down

Post by 70's BabyGirl 22nd February 2010, 7:18 pm

thank you for the replies!! I think I may have finally found something to control that frizz..Carols Daughter Loc Butter seems to be doing the trick as a "seal" for me. my bantu knots looked a lot better last night. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
70's BabyGirl
70's BabyGirl

Back to top Go down

Post by shazzy 23rd February 2010, 11:06 am

I use carol's daughters products on my daughters hair. I have to check out the loc butter. Is it a natural butter? I'm trying to stay away from the bad stuff.

shazzy

Back to top Go down

Post by 70's BabyGirl 23rd February 2010, 10:58 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
70's BabyGirl
70's BabyGirl

Back to top Go down

Post by blondie 6th March 2010, 2:25 pm

Hello!

I'd be willing to help if you'd like! I'd need to know your current hair care routine and all the products that you are currently using to get started. Many times we unknowingly cause or exacerbate our own problems by the products or things we do to our hair.
blondie
blondie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down