CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Green Drinks?!

+34
Ainsleytom
arjunbarbosa
terrymole
boycemory
guerillamilk
juliaanthen
stevenson
Neems
gemofacurlgirl
BekkaPoo
Kimmie0810
Talisa3636
Mllebutterfly
Illumination
Preezie
Tiffy2
blessedone
StacyB
makeupvixen
naturallydestined
Naturally Nu*
niknak19
kichca
rebelrocks
Hollis
krenea
Beautiful
gammainme
StacyWash
cutephantasm
Iomer
TerraD
AfrikanLatina
*CurlyNikki*
38 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Green Drinks?! - Page 2 Empty Re: Green Drinks?!

Post by Naturally Nu* 18th November 2009, 8:58 pm

blessedone wrote:I would rather drink my veggies than eat them can that be good for me?

Sounds gooood to me! I mean, I would eat them from time to time haha..but shoot, they all go down and come out the same way. Ok maybe TMI..
Naturally Nu*
Naturally Nu*

Back to top Go down

Post by StacyB 18th November 2009, 10:08 pm

I tried Naked Green Machine and did not really like it. I thought it taste similar to Bolthouse Farm Green goodness but it is a lot sweeter than Green goodness. While I was thinking Green Machine I was also drinking water, it was just too sweet
StacyB
StacyB

http://naturalbloggingsofayoungsocialworker.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Iomer 18th November 2009, 10:11 pm

@StacyB I haven't tried Green Machine, but I tried Red Machine, and I don't really know. I still like Power-C better.
Iomer
Iomer

http://naturaleighc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by niknak19 18th November 2009, 10:25 pm

@blessdone yes drinking them is so much better. The blender does most of the work for you by breaking down the greens and releasing all the goodies for you to absorb. The mixtures are endless. I made a green smoothie the other day with swiss chard, red grapes, spinach and a apple. Just add about 2 cups of water. It was really good. You can add ginger, lime, lemon etc to give it a kick. I usually use lime because that is my favorite and the lime tree is yielding some great limes. Got to wait for the lemons. Also if you are looking to lose some weight this is a great meal replacement. It also curbs the appetite for the sweets. Great thing to know with the holidays coming up. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Hope that helps.
niknak19
niknak19

http://www.helixwellness.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiffy2 21st November 2009, 1:15 am

@Naturallydestined, I too drink only green tea. I wanted to know if you lost 40 pounds drinking green tea only? or were you working out too? because I've been drinking green tea for almost a year and I haven't seen much of any change in my weight.
Tiffy2
Tiffy2

https://facebook.com/cherrikissez

Back to top Go down

Post by Preezie 9th December 2009, 4:21 pm

I drink Bolthouse Farms, Green Goodness.

Preezie

Back to top Go down

Post by Illumination 13th December 2009, 5:50 am

I am definantly a newbie here but Ive been juicing for a few years, so Id like to send some tips. Jack Lalane's juicer($100) is awesome. You can put in fruits and veggies whole(just make sure you cut out the seeds). It also diassembles fairly quickly and can be put into the dishwasher to clean. Bottled juices are not really that good for you and they often have too much sugar. Natural is so much better. As for green drinks...adding one apple to just about any drink should sweeten it enough to be palatable. Wheat grass is also a simple drink that can put pep in your step. Make sure when you begin this regimen that you hydrate. Also if you have never juiced before your body will want to move the toxic stuff that is inside your gut out:) Keep an out for the restroom! I hope this helps!

Illumination

Back to top Go down

Post by Illumination 13th December 2009, 5:58 am

Tiffy2 wrote:@Naturallydestined, I too drink only green tea. I wanted to know if you lost 40 pounds drinking green tea only? or were you working out too? because I've been drinking green tea for almost a year and I haven't seen much of any change in my weight.

Hi Tiffy2,
Im a black lady living in Japan so I drink lots of green tea! I think it does wonders for the body, but I dont think drinking it alone will help reduce weight. It should help curb the sweet tooth which helps in losing weight. Id encourage you to try to add some cardio to your regimen and reduce processed foods. Some times people ask me what I consider processed foods...anything that you can buy in the grocery stores thats wrapped in plastic. I generally dont do canned much either. If I do it's half canned tomatoes, half fresh. I hope this helps!

Illumination

Back to top Go down

Post by Mllebutterfly 23rd December 2009, 3:06 pm

Curly Nikki I can't drink coffee either but, I've heard that grapes improve alertness.

Mllebutterfly

Back to top Go down

Green Drinks?! - Page 2 Empty Green Drink: You can make your own

Post by Mllebutterfly 23rd December 2009, 3:15 pm

Naked juice is pretty expensive for me. Especially when you can make your own green drink. Has anyone tried the Dr. Oz green drink? Here is the recipe. I like to store juiced drinks in freezer jam jars. Ball makes really good jars and their sold at most grocery stores and Walmart.

Dr. Oz's green drink

* 2 cups spinach
* 2 cups cucumber
* 1 head of celery
* 1/2 inch or teaspoon ginger root
* 1 bunch parsley
* 2 green apples or ½ pear & ½ apple
* Juice of 1 lime
* Juice of 1/2 lemon (optional)
* papaya (optional)

*** add 1 bunch of wheatgrass (optional)

After everything is combined in a blender, this recipe makes 28 to 30 ounces—about three to four servings (divide recipe in half or thirds.

Mllebutterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Talisa3636 31st December 2009, 4:31 pm

I plan on investing in a Vitamix in the new year! Pricey but if it would last me for years of heavy use, im down lol. I have the macro greens which is yummy but I have to put it to use!! I do plan on making detox smoothies and green smoothies based off of these recipes on her site (http://kimberlysnyder.net/) since they seem a bit tastier than the ones I have tried and the detox smoothie incorporates tumeric for a nice cleansing. Wish me luck and I hope you all improve and maintain health!
Talisa3636
Talisa3636

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiffy2 2nd January 2010, 3:49 am

@Illumination,thanks for the response! I'm sorry it took this long to write this lol.I started doing pilates thanksgiving night,and I continue to do them 5 days a week along with drinking the green tea(without sugar or honey) and drinking plain water. I have lost a few inches and I feel great!
Tiffy2
Tiffy2

https://facebook.com/cherrikissez

Back to top Go down

Post by Kimmie0810 23rd February 2010, 5:39 am

I used to do green smoothies (frozen berries, frozen banana, handful of spinach, flaxseed oil, & fiber powder), but I got so lazy!! I'm not a morning person and when I cook, I usually do it at night when I get off from work at 1 or 2am. So I gave up on the smoothies b/c I'm always rushing to get to work on time. (as you can see by the time of this post, I'm a night owl. I don't sleep much so I sleep "in" and then go to work).

I wanted to know if the green smoothies can be made in advance & stored in the fridge? Since I used frozen fruits, I didn't need to add ice and it was kinda thick. If I let it sit on my desk or in the fridge a minute, it just seemed flat and watery.

Is there a way to make enough for a day or 2 (or 5) so that I can get the goodness in w/o having to make a fresh batch and clean my blender everyday?
Kimmie0810
Kimmie0810

Back to top Go down

Post by BekkaPoo 21st May 2010, 2:35 pm

blessedone wrote:I would rather drink my veggies than eat them can that be good for me?

I think as long as you use the whole veggie you should be fine.. you want as much of the fiber, phytonutrients, vitamins, etc. in your drink so you get all the benefits.

I do green smoothies too and I just made another one today with my lunch.

Ingredients:

1 or 2 big handfuls of fresh spinach
chunk of peeled ginger
mint leaves
overripe banana for sweetness
and a handful of any fruit or berries I might have around
blend with any of the following: water, green or black tea, orange juice, lemon water

Usually I don't even have to add any sweeteners, but if I do it would be honey or a spoonful of brown sugar. My smoothies are so filling I usually can't even finish my lunch, and I love the feeling of the mint and ginger in my stomach. (I'm weird.. but I'm fine with that..lol [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
BekkaPoo
BekkaPoo

http://suprnatural.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by gemofacurlgirl 5th July 2010, 11:39 pm

I can't wait to get a vitamix or blendtec blender so I can make green smoothies at home for myself and my kids I come from a family of juicers but have not been doing it myself my dad always made carrot juice and wheatgrass juice when I was a kid so I have no excuse. I like the idea of using the blender instead of the juicer beacause you get to consume all the fiber which is good too ! Greensmoothiegirl.com has alot of good info !
update I finally got my blender and it's not an expensive one i did not have 400 to spend on a vita mix or blend tec so I did some research on blenders under $50 that can make green smoothies and i got one onsale at Kmart for $22 it's a hamilton beach wave station http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/p_10151_10104_011W826040110001P?vName=Appliances&cName=Small+Kitchen+Appliances&sName=Blenders+%26+Juicers&keyword=small+kitchen+appliances&prdNo=1&blockNo=1&blockType=G1 And while it can't do what the top of the line models can do like make super smooth smoothies , it does blend greens as well as raw carrots i used baby carrots and they blended up just fine !

Last edited by gemofacurlgirl on 19th August 2010, 4:11 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : update)
gemofacurlgirl
gemofacurlgirl

Back to top Go down

Post by gemofacurlgirl 19th August 2010, 4:29 pm

I can't wait to get more ingredients to make some green smoothies ! My pantry is running low, so I made a few smoothies from what I have on hand a banana , romaine lettuce, egg ,one with a dash of vanilla and two tbs of peanut butter,and a carrot and banana one . They are so filling and refreshing ! I really want to get some brown rice protien powder
almond milk
fresh spinach
raw honey
agave necter
sping mix
and some more fruit frozen berries and mango's etc i can't wait !
gemofacurlgirl
gemofacurlgirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Neems 20th August 2010, 2:48 pm

StacyB wrote:I tried Naked Green Machine and did not really like it. I thought it taste similar to Bolthouse Farm Green goodness but it is a lot sweeter than Green goodness. While I was thinking Green Machine I was also drinking water, it was just too sweet

Ooo, I like both the Naked Green Machine and Bolthouse farm. On the other hand between my grandmother and mother I've tried enough green drinks to last a lifetime. When I was younger my mother used to juice wheat grass, cucumbers, garlic, carrot and broccoli stems. It was disgusting, but it kept the colds away. My grandmother likes to juice cucumbers and aloe vera, it taste just as bad but she doesn't have much ailments at her age so i guess it works.

Last edited by Neems on 8th November 2010, 1:17 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typos)
Neems
Neems

http://neemsnthings.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by stevenson 21st October 2010, 3:03 am

I try to make a green smoothie every morning. I usually add or spincach or cabbage, a frozen banana, a handful of frozen berries, 1 cup almond milk and a scoop of protein powder. It is certainly a boost of energy and immunity.

stevenson

Back to top Go down

Post by juliaanthen 3rd November 2010, 1:59 am

Right now, I made a strawberry milkshake and banana mango-pineapple. I also mixture of ice, fruit, nonfat yogurt with no sugar, orange juice and honey. It is very good for health, its test will more testy after freezing.

juliaanthen

Back to top Go down

Post by guerillamilk 3rd November 2010, 2:33 pm

I've been on a health kick and drinking lots of smoothies and I feel great! woot!

I'd like to add green stuff to my drinks (preferably a supplement) but I'm not sure where to start with how to pick one. I guess I'll try Green Vibrance, but any other suggestions? I'd rather make the smoothie myself than buy a prepackaged one.

guerillamilk

Back to top Go down

Post by guerillamilk 3rd November 2010, 2:37 pm

Do you just store them in the fridge? How long do they keep? I think i wanna try this!

Mllebutterfly wrote:Naked juice is pretty expensive for me. Especially when you can make your own green drink. Has anyone tried the Dr. Oz green drink? Here is the recipe. I like to store juiced drinks in freezer jam jars. Ball makes really good jars and their sold at most grocery stores and Walmart.

Dr. Oz's green drink

* 2 cups spinach
* 2 cups cucumber
* 1 head of celery
* 1/2 inch or teaspoon ginger root
* 1 bunch parsley
* 2 green apples or ½ pear & ½ apple
* Juice of 1 lime
* Juice of 1/2 lemon (optional)
* papaya (optional)

*** add 1 bunch of wheatgrass (optional)

After everything is combined in a blender, this recipe makes 28 to 30 ounces—about three to four servings (divide recipe in half or thirds.

guerillamilk

Back to top Go down

Post by boycemory 5th November 2010, 1:00 am

I drink green juices for a few years. I always like its test but I can not say I felt a noticeable difference. I was at Whole Foods a few weeks ago and they charged $ 9 for a green glass. It is very beneficial for health and very good for health if you take it in the morning.

boycemory

Back to top Go down

Post by terrymole 13th December 2010, 10:14 am

Since it uses frozen fruit, it is not necessary to add ice, and was a little thicker. If I sit at my desk or in the refrigerator for a moment, seemed flat and water.

terrymole

Back to top Go down

Post by arjunbarbosa 14th December 2010, 8:34 am

I have been drinking Naked and V8 for a while. My dad likes Bolthouse Farm Smoothies. My favorite Naked drink is Power-C. To me it has the effect of an energy drink. Some people don't like Naked because they don't have sugar and taste like real fruit, but I love them.

arjunbarbosa

Back to top Go down

Post by Ainsleytom 22nd January 2011, 3:37 am

Usually the use of lime, because lime is my favorite and provides some large files. You have to wait for lemons. So if you looking to lose weight is an excellent meal replacement.

Ainsleytom

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next