CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Green Drinks?!

+34
Ainsleytom
arjunbarbosa
terrymole
boycemory
guerillamilk
juliaanthen
stevenson
Neems
gemofacurlgirl
BekkaPoo
Kimmie0810
Talisa3636
Mllebutterfly
Illumination
Preezie
Tiffy2
blessedone
StacyB
makeupvixen
naturallydestined
Naturally Nu*
niknak19
kichca
rebelrocks
Hollis
krenea
Beautiful
gammainme
StacyWash
cutephantasm
Iomer
TerraD
AfrikanLatina
*CurlyNikki*
38 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Green Drinks?! Empty Green Drinks?!

Post by *CurlyNikki* 23rd October 2009, 7:30 pm

Who is drinking them, and what have your results been?

I just started drinking Green Vibrance and Macro Greens. I love both, and mix them into my V8 Fusion. I'm hoping for improved energy (Lord knows I need it...plus, I can't drink coffee), and the ability to get in some servings of fruits and veggies since I don't really have time to eat or prepare them.
*CurlyNikki*
*CurlyNikki*
Admin

http://www.curlynikki.com

Back to top Go down

Green Drinks?! Empty Re: Green Drinks?!

Post by AfrikanLatina 23rd October 2009, 10:09 pm

I actually haven't started a green drink regimen but I want to. The only green drink I've had and love is by Bolthouse Farms. The Green Goodness smoothie contains wheat grass, spirulina, spinach, blue green algae, apples, kiwi, mangos, bananas, pineapples, and dragon fruit. Its soooooooo tasty. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Nothing artificial in it either which I love. I've been comparing juicers because I want to start drinking some of my vegetables which will allow me to consume them in their raw state. Cooking vegetables gets rid of a lot of the nutrients that I'm trying to get. I prefer getting my nutrients from foods as much as possible.

Last edited by AfrikanLatina on 24th October 2009, 11:02 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : misspelled word)
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by *CurlyNikki* 23rd October 2009, 10:41 pm

haha, I want to start juicing, but I feel that I may be too lazy to even do that! I'll check out the brand you mentioned, and start googling green drink recipes Smile
*CurlyNikki*
*CurlyNikki*
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 24th October 2009, 2:34 am

I just became a fan of green smoothies! If you're anything like me too much veggie juice is too much! LOL. I add a handful of frozen spinach to my fruit smoothies. Your fruit will make it taste great, but you will feel like you're being good because you are sneaking in some veggies!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by Iomer 24th October 2009, 2:44 am

I have been drinking Naked and V8 for a while. My dad likes Bolthouse Farm Smoothies. My favorite Naked drink is Power-C. To me it has the effect of an energy drink (maybe it's the Vitamin C). Some people don't like Naked because they don't have sugar and taste like real fruit, but I love them.

I have a blender now so I'm going to try some new recipes. Right now I have been making strawberry-banana and mango-pineapple smoothies. I just blend ice, the fruit, fat-free sugarless yogurt, orange juice, and honey.

They just built a Smoothie King down the street from me and I already have a Verry Berry and Tropical Smoothie down the street, so are there any vitamins or protein supplements anyone would recommend? I am joining the track team for outdoor season and the basketball practice squad I need to build some muscle. haha. Basketball
Iomer
Iomer

http://naturaleighc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 24th October 2009, 11:43 am

*CurlyNikki* wrote:haha, I want to start juicing, but I feel that I may be too lazy to even do that! I'll check out the brand you mentioned, and start googling green drink recipes [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

There are some juicers that you don't even have to cut the fruit and veggies up for. I already own a small smoothie maker and just love making strawberry/banana/orange or strawberry/banana/pineapple OR strawberry/banana/mango smoothies. I usually buy two cartons of organic strawberries, wash them, cut them stems off and then freeze them. This acts as my ice and fruit at the same time. I also do this with the bananas. I'll add either almond milk or orange juice depending on how I'm feeling that day.
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by cutephantasm 24th October 2009, 12:41 pm

I juice daily...it really is pretty quick (most time is spent prepping the food, but some juicers you can put in whole)

Just a word of caution, be wary of too many sugars! Fruits contain a whollee lot of sugar (albeit better than processed sugars, but still, sugar) so I wouldn't reccommend more than 1 fruit smoothie a day. Sugars=calories!

What I usually do is in the mornings I make my drink with whatever tasty fruits I want and try to add in a little bit of broccoli (or beets, or whatever veggie I have on hand). I hate the way veggie juices taste! I find that if I also add a little bit of lemon, you don't even taste the broccoli.

So experiment with different mixes and adding in those yucky veggies that are really good for you (that you probably don't eat enough of) Try to use whole, raw foods rather than frozen/preserved foods, that way you get most of the nutrients out of it.

A great mix for a juice that is good for the skin - green apple, orange, and ginger. YUMM

BTW lots of fruits lose their integrity when chilled (I know oranges lose a lot of the vitamin C when you put them in the refrigerator) so try not to store them there if you dont absolutely have to [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cutephantasm
cutephantasm

Back to top Go down

Post by StacyWash 24th October 2009, 8:24 pm

*CurlyNikki* wrote:haha, I want to start juicing, but I feel that I may be too lazy to even do that! I'll check out the brand you mentioned, and start googling green drink recipes Smile

I also want to start "green" juicing. I create smoothies for the kids already and will try to sneak in some fresh veggies. Please keep sharing the information!
StacyWash
StacyWash

Back to top Go down

Post by gammainme 25th October 2009, 12:41 am

I concur, spinach in your smoothies are GOOD! Hubby and I started drinking wheat grass w/ water (nothing else) a couple of months ago...and man alive! 1. you will be come more "regular" and 2. more energy/ more focused. However...I must say, i think my body is getting use to it b/c im having that "slow mo" mambo jumbo going on... Rolling Eyes
gammainme
gammainme

Back to top Go down

Green Drinks?! Empty Juicing

Post by Beautiful 25th October 2009, 4:03 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Hi Ladies,

This is my first post, but the subject "Juicing" is my love

I juice everyday

1 Organic Carrot
2 Stalks Organic Celery
1 Raw Mature Ginger
1 Organic Green Apple
7 Radishes
4 Organic Kale leaves
4 Organic Collard Green Leaves
1 piece Brocclli

I use the GreenStar Juicer (2000) this is the model not the price [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] the price varies depending on where you purchase the juicer

After my workout I juice, my skin, hair and nails are amazingly beautiful, most importantly, I'm healthy.

Juicing, from start to finish including clean up of juicer takes 15minutes tops!!! that's it!!!

The beneifits of juicing

1. You don't have to swallow pills, which I don't like except for Biotin and Zinc

Longer thicker hair,longer thicker stronger nails, clearer brighter shinny eyes, removal of cellulite,

I'm 5'9" 120lbs no cellulite and even though one may be slim, you can still have cellulite, I know because I had it on my thights stage 1 which means when you pinch your thighs, arms, waist or any part of your body you see dimples like cottage cheese. Not anymore thanks to juicing.

Additional benefits include; removal of toxins and chemicals traped in the body. I could go on writing about the benefits of juicing. Try it you will love it!!!

Beautiful
Beautiful
Beautiful

Back to top Go down

Post by krenea 25th October 2009, 4:15 pm

Green Machine and Naked Juice (green versions) are my favs. I tried juicing, but it's messy, expensive (moreso than purchasing pre-bottled) and time consuming!

Wow! Naturals are so intelligent and conscientious! We truly are on a holistic journey to improve ourselves physically, mentally, spiritually, and intellectually!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] LET'S TAKE OVER THE WORLD!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
krenea
krenea

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautiful 25th October 2009, 4:34 pm

Hi Krenea,

I love juicing, I don't find it messy and it's definitely not expensive (IMO).

I pay $25 for a full week and 1/2 of fresh organic fruits and vegetables, sometimes I have to purchase less because the fruits and vegetables will go bad if not used promtly.

Not to convince anyone, but will encourage raw juicing over pre bottled products anytime, for the reason of the source of the product.

I agree many pre bottled products are fine, however, through my research most are insufficient and does not deliver the proper nutrients for absorption. As for time it takes 15 minutes top!!

Either way eating healthy is the way to go!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Beautiful on 25th October 2009, 4:41 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Spelling error)
Beautiful
Beautiful

Back to top Go down

Post by krenea 25th October 2009, 5:09 pm

I agree with you totally! But in my world, time is of essence in the morning when I have to leave my house at 7:30! I guess I could juice at work?
krenea
krenea

Back to top Go down

Post by *CurlyNikki* 25th October 2009, 5:27 pm

Until I start juicing, I'm really enjoying Green Vibrance. It tastes like swamp ass, but when mixed with v8 fusion light berry/pom it's tolerable and I feel like I'm doing something good for myself. It's much less time consuming and may be an option for the non-juicer/curly on the go.

I'm still pushing for a juicer for Christmas. I'm thinking I can add my Green Vibrance to my smoothies Smile
*CurlyNikki*
*CurlyNikki*
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by *CurlyNikki* 25th October 2009, 5:32 pm

I also like that the green vibrance has probiotics in it...good to prevent yeast infections and stomach issues. I sound like a commercial, lol!
*CurlyNikki*
*CurlyNikki*
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hollis 28th October 2009, 10:08 pm

I've Vitamix is one of the best blenders for juicing or anything for that matter. It is expensive but I witnessed a demonstration and you don't really have to chop anything to much. You can even leave the seeds and it gets everything it does not leave anything behind. It also cleans itself. The woman demonstrating made green juice with spinach, cabbage, parsley, grapes an apple and other veggies and my 2 and 4 year old loved it. Check out the website vitamixlady.com for recipes.
Hollis
Hollis

Back to top Go down

Post by rebelrocks 30th October 2009, 12:59 pm

i love love love bolthouse farms green goodness Smile and actually anything they make
rebelrocks
rebelrocks

Back to top Go down

Post by kichca 9th November 2009, 2:03 pm

I try to drink a green smoothie every morning. I usually add either spincach or kale, 1 frozen banana, handful of frozen berries (which eliminates the need for ice), 1 c of almond milk (no cow's milk for me) and a scoop of protein powder (because I workout and do not consume animal flesh). It's definitely an energy and immunity booster.

I started juicing a few weeks ago and find that it does not take long at all. Most mornings, however, my smoothie is my first meal, and I need it to keep me satisfied until 10:30 or 11am. Juices don't seem to do that (maybe because the fiber is missing) unless I have something like whole grain toast with almond butter and banana on the side. I ususally don't even have enough time to throw that together.

I cosign with the other poster on the benefits of fresh juicing over the pre-bottled stuff. It's said that the full benefits (vitamins & nutrients) of juicing/smoothies are greatly diminished within 15 minutes of juicing/blending. The time spent during the bottling process and sitting on the shelf pretty much only leaves you with great tasting fruit juice without all the possible health benefits. If that's your only goal, go for it. Otherwise, you should really look into making your own in order to reap the benefits (healthy hair, nails, skin, overall nutrition, energy, etc.) much faster and efficiently.

Sorry to be so long-winded! This is a topic I absolutely love!

kichca

Back to top Go down

Post by niknak19 9th November 2009, 7:26 pm

I have been drinking green juices/smoothies for a few years. I always like the way they tasted but I can't say I felt any significant difference. I was at Whole Foods a few weeks ago and they charged $9 for a green drink. You can get two of the same from Costco. So I decided enough was enough and I would make my own green drinks. But first I had to do some research. I found "Green for Life" by Victoria Butenko. I did a review of the book on my blog. She suggests 1 quart of green smoothies/juices a day. I have a Vita Mix at home so it is very easy to make great smoothies.

I actually just picked up some veggies and fruit to make my smoothies. I try to make them at night so I have it ready for the next day. Saves time. BTW buying the produce fresh and making the drink myself saves so much money.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
niknak19
niknak19

http://www.helixwellness.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturally Nu* 16th November 2009, 5:41 am

I'm gonna try adding the spinach in my fruit smoothies. Thanks TerraD!
Naturally Nu*
Naturally Nu*

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallydestined 17th November 2009, 1:15 pm

I want to start juicing. This sounds so yummy and such a great way to get my fruits/veggies. The only "green" drink that I've tried has been green tea. LOL! I'm awfully addicted. Just liked the taste but lost 40 pounds since it's an appetite suppressant. Went from 180 to 140 lbs. in seven months. I just need to eat more veggies. :-)
naturallydestined
naturallydestined

http://members.fotki.com/NaturallyDestined/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by makeupvixen 17th November 2009, 2:12 pm

I want a juicer so bad now. I have been all the way organic for my son since he was born, now 1 years old. So for Christmas I want a juicer, or the save up the money for one. Until I can afford a really good juicer I just ordered Olympian Labs Inc., Ultimate Greens Protein 8 in 1, w/Hemp Protein, Vanilla-Banana-Berry Flavor, 1 lb 3 oz, (546 g) from iherbs.com I'm hoping this will be a great start for me. I'm about 100 pounds overweight and now 30 years old. I feel that my lightbulb has turned on for me and it's time to live more "green". Natural hair, natural food, recycling, organic mom, praying for better health and a long healthy future for me and my son Jayden.

Thanks for this blog spot. I will be posting some updates to it on how I like juicing, ideas, and searching for help fronm you gals.
makeupvixen
makeupvixen

http://makeupvixen.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 17th November 2009, 5:46 pm

You're welcome Naturally Nu!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by StacyB 17th November 2009, 11:12 pm

Ok so you guys were my inspiration.. so I went and brought the Bolthouse green goodness and it was wonderful.... it looks disgusting and gross but it was good. Son I am looking to "juice' more as you guys were saying. I was trying to find ways to overall become more healthy and lose wieght.
I am a walking in the Avon walk for Breast Cancer next October in Charlotte so I need to start a fitness regimen (more info about that later ladies)
StacyB
StacyB

http://naturalbloggingsofayoungsocialworker.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Green Drinks?! Empty green drinks

Post by blessedone 18th November 2009, 8:40 pm

I would rather drink my veggies than eat them can that be good for me?

blessedone

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next