CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I am desperate for a big sister

2 posters

Go down

I am desperate for a big sister Empty I am desperate for a big sister

Post by Preezie 14th December 2009, 12:21 pm

I've been natural for 2 going on 3 years, but right now will be the longest since I have been natural that am wearing my hair out. I normally wear it in a weave simply because I cannot do hair and it's VERY easy for me. I have had it out now for a week and it is very healthy, but I need some pointers. For starters, my hair is not the texture that I assumed it would be once I went natural. I was expecting it to be much coarser and it's not so it sort of bothers me because I'm not sure what to do with this texture hair. It is maybe a 4b (I think that's what it is) but I was expecting a much tighter curl pattern. This morning was an absolute mess for me. I had flat twists in until yesterday and took them out to wear the curly/wavy look to go to a dinner party, which was so cute. I hadn't wore that style since I was transitioning and thought that if I slept in a satin bonnet it would last at least 5 days. Well, I woke up and my hair was a tangled and the pattern was nothing like I expected. I did manage to untangle it an get it pulled back into a pony-puff. I don't mind wearing my hair like this because it is easy for me and because I'm not a morning person I don't want to put a lot of time into my hair in the morning. I still plan to go to the salon about twice a month, but for the weeks that it isn't salon perfect I need to know how to do something. Tonight I plan to try the Curly Afro. I watched Heather Nicole's entire video yesterday and it seems a lot easier than double strand twist (which I tried once and it was horrible) or a twist and curl. I will post pictures here soon. Unfortunately I lost the cable to charge my camera and need to get to Bestbuy ASAP for a new one so I can post pictures and give everyone a better idea of what I am dealing with. Thanks for everyone who has helped so far.

Preezie

Back to top Go down

I am desperate for a big sister Empty Re: I am desperate for a big sister

Post by NylaCoils 14th December 2009, 3:21 pm

Preezie! Hurry up and get the pictures up! I think that would help- a big sister to determine if she can help- We need to see length and texture to see if we can help you.

I love the curly fro! Quicker and simpler to do!

A little about me..I have gone natural 3 times, This time I am more equipped at what to do. I know how to take care of my hair but I am constantly learning.
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

http://coilyencounters.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down