CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Terressentials Mud wash 10/10!

5 posters

Go down

Terressentials Mud wash 10/10! Empty Terressentials Mud wash 10/10!

Post by thetiffany 8th March 2011, 5:12 pm

Terressentials Mud wash shampoo
I used this shampoo last night and have nothing but great things to say about it. I ordered the lavender kind in a 20oz bottle, it was $20 and $8 for shipping. When I first smelled it, I was kinda suprised. I had heard that it had a lovely smell, but I thought the smell was kinda intense, almost like a strong perfume. It didnt smell bad, it was just a strong smell lol.

I applied the shampoo to my hair that was in small two strand twist, I put my twist in 12 braids. I must say it was kinda difficult to apply, I tried using just my hands but felt like I was wasting so much, next I used a baby sized brush. This didnt work to well either. Finally, I began dipping each braided section in the wash mixture. After I saturated each braid, I poured the remainder on my scalp and then massaged it in. To rinse it out, I just hopped in the shower and ran my head under the water.

While washing, my hair felt "minty" it felt like I had toothpaste in my hair, almost like a "cool burn" sensation. Im not sure what that was about, but I rinsed a second time because I thought I didnt rinse well. That minty sensation eased up and was gone by the morning.

Now, the best part. This stuff left my hair feeling so so soft. It felt like I pre-pooed, deep conditioned, sealed and all, lol. but is was just the shampoo. I didnt apply anything to my hair after because I wanted to see if the shampoo alone would keep my hair feeling soft and moisturized once it dried. In the morning , my hair still felt great Smile

The website refers to "detoxing" your hair. I dont think I will have to because, during and after the wash my hair didnt feel sticky like the site said it may. Granted, I hadnt been using too many chemicals, so the wash didnt have much chemical/plastics to remove from my hair.

Overall this mud wash gets a 10/10! I cant keep my hands out of my hair lol. I am tempted to take my twist out and do another was tonight..... just for fun lol

anyways, heres a link to the site terressentials.com and for more reviews naptural85 of youtube has 2 videos on it

I will post a video soon of either my application or just my rambling and pics of my hair after the wash!
thetiffany
thetiffany

http://embracingmycurly.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Terressentials Mud wash 10/10! Empty Re: Terressentials Mud wash 10/10!

Post by Naturalme72 12th March 2011, 10:58 pm

I absolutely LOVE Terressentials! I also use the Lavendar one. Only issue is the price...it's expensive so you must make it last!!! But overall I give it a 10/10 as well!
Naturalme72
Naturalme72

http://www.meetup.com/Hampton-Roads-Nappturals/

Back to top Go down

Post by Niqui36 13th March 2011, 12:21 pm

OMGosh!!!! I SO want to try this.........but that price. Well, it is tax time..... Very Happy
Niqui36
Niqui36

Back to top Go down

Post by thetiffany 13th March 2011, 7:54 pm

the price is a little on the high side, but think about not needing all the other products. this is a shampoo, conditioner, deep conditioner, henna, styler all in one. lol i may be exaggerating a little, but i seriously used this along with a shea butter mix and that was all i need. i did two strand twist, which really don't require much but just saying Smile
thetiffany
thetiffany

http://embracingmycurly.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybug 13th March 2011, 10:30 pm

I tried the mud wash and I am not thrilled with it. It doesn't have any slip at all, and I feel like I need more slip because I noticed more breakage during shampoos.
ladybug
ladybug

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 13th March 2011, 11:20 pm

Ladybug, not sure where you live, but you can make a marshmallow root spritz and add it to the wash, you should solve your slip problem. I simple make a tea using 1t of marshmallow root (they look like wood shavings) and add it to 1 c. of boiling distilled water. I let it cool and then refrigerate so it is ready for my wash day. I have mine in a spray bottle. So, you can spray it directly on the hair or mix it in the wash. Marshmallow is the third ingredient in KCNT and it has mucilage, so it has plenty of slip. Let us know if you try it. This is a cheap fix!

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down