CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Terressentials Mud wash

+3
butterfly3000
Intelligentbeauty
thetiffany
7 posters

Go down

Terressentials Mud wash Empty Terressentials Mud wash

Post by thetiffany 8th March 2011, 5:11 pm

Terressentials Mud wash shampoo
I used this shampoo last night and have nothing but great things to say about it. I ordered the lavender kind in a 20oz bottle, it was $20 and $8 for shipping. When I first smelled it, I was kinda suprised. I had heard that it had a lovely smell, but I thought the smell was kinda intense, almost like a strong perfume. It didnt smell bad, it was just a strong smell lol.

I applied the shampoo to my hair that was in small two strand twist, I put my twist in 12 braids. I must say it was kinda difficult to apply, I tried using just my hands but felt like I was wasting so much, next I used a baby sized brush. This didnt work to well either. Finally, I began dipping each braided section in the wash mixture. After I saturated each braid, I poured the remainder on my scalp and then massaged it in. To rinse it out, I just hopped in the shower and ran my head under the water.

While washing, my hair felt "minty" it felt like I had toothpaste in my hair, almost like a "cool burn" sensation. Im not sure what that was about, but I rinsed a second time because I thought I didnt rinse well. That minty sensation eased up and was gone by the morning.

Now, the best part. This stuff left my hair feeling so so soft. It felt like I pre-pooed, deep conditioned, sealed and all, lol. but is was just the shampoo. I didnt apply anything to my hair after because I wanted to see if the shampoo alone would keep my hair feeling soft and moisturized once it dried. In the morning , my hair still felt great Smile

The website refers to "detoxing" your hair. I dont think I will have to because, during and after the wash my hair didnt feel sticky like the site said it may. Granted, I hadnt been using too many chemicals, so the wash didnt have much chemical/plastics to remove from my hair.

Overall this mud wash gets a 10/10! I cant keep my hands out of my hair lol. I am tempted to take my twist out and do another was tonight..... just for fun lol

anyways, heres a link to the site terressentials.com and for more reviews naptural85 of youtube has 2 videos on it

I will post a video soon of either my application or just my rambling and pics of my hair after the wash!
thetiffany
thetiffany

http://embracingmycurly.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Terressentials Mud wash Empty Re: Terressentials Mud wash

Post by Intelligentbeauty 9th March 2011, 4:39 am

Oh wow, this is awesome. I plan on purchasing this for my summer wash n gos. I am glad you posted this. Next time give us pics....... Laughing
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by butterfly3000 10th March 2011, 4:43 pm

Ooooohhh. I just got mine in the mail yesterday and I'm so excited to try it! And you are right about the smell but if you are accustomed to and like the smell of lavender then its all good. So do I need to alot my normal 3 hours of time on wash day or will I have extra time on my hands? I hear the detangling process is close to zero.
butterfly3000
butterfly3000

Back to top Go down

Post by thetiffany 10th March 2011, 5:16 pm

butterfly3000 wrote:Ooooohhh. I just got mine in the mail yesterday and I'm so excited to try it! And you are right about the smell but if you are accustomed to and like the smell of lavender then its all good. So do I need to alot my normal 3 hours of time on wash day or will I have extra time on my hands? I hear the detangling process is close to zero.

i did a second wash on loose hair and it took me about an hour to detangle, twist, then rinse in the shower. the hardest part was trying to find the best way to apply the product without wasting it. I dipped sections of my hair into my mixture bowel and then drenched it onto the roots of the section. this seemed to work best, as i dont have an applicator bottle or little applicator brush.
thetiffany
thetiffany

Back to top Go down

Post by butterfly3000 10th March 2011, 6:51 pm

Cool sounds good. I think I'm gonna pour some in an empty KCNT bottle, dilute with water, apply to sections, twist and rinse. So no DC huh? I cant imagine not applying anything after washing. I'm addicted to my Kimmay Leave-in though.........Can't wait til the weekend.
butterfly3000
butterfly3000

Back to top Go down

Post by thetiffany 10th March 2011, 7:18 pm

you wont need anything after. the first time i washed i didnt put anything in after. the second i added shea butter mix, but it was just for fun and added shine/softness
thetiffany
thetiffany

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 11th March 2011, 1:57 am

wow, you ladies are getting me excited. I am ready to buy now. To be able to leave all other products behind is awesome!!!!
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Niqui36 11th March 2011, 10:57 am

I've been wanting to try this too. I think I'm going to go ahead and take the plunge.....
Niqui36
Niqui36

Back to top Go down

Post by fanmnatirel 11th March 2011, 12:16 pm

I've been wanting to buy it but i think it's kinda pricey!
Oh well, i'll enjoy it through you ladies Smile
fanmnatirel
fanmnatirel

Back to top Go down

Post by shawnie03 11th March 2011, 4:22 pm

it's true, I love Terresentials - Lavendar, I tried it for the 1st time last week. It's hard not doing a dc because that's what I am accustomed to. After the wash I did follow up with my shea butter mixture and I used kimmay-tube leave in later in the week because I had some left over from doing my daughter's hair. I used an applicator bottle to apply it, and let it sit on my head for 30min with a plastic cap (i read somewhere you can let it sit to use as a dc) may not be necessary but it made me feel better, it's hard to break the dc habit Very Happy

shawnie03

Back to top Go down

Post by Jo Somebody 14th March 2011, 10:57 am

*adds to ever-growing 'to try' list* No
Jo Somebody
Jo Somebody

Back to top Go down

Post by butterfly3000 14th March 2011, 2:55 pm

Some things in life are just totally worth it.
dance

Im a junkie for all things natural, organic ingredients, muds, clays, hennas, oils, anything I can make with kitchen ingredients....my husband calls the bathroom my science lab. This is my new favorite hair cleanser. On a 1-10 scale, I give it a 10 for cleansing abilities. The added bonus is the softness, conditioning, shine and easier detangling. I didn't apply any extra products just because I wanted to see what my hair would feel/look like when my twist were dry and I was impressed. However, because I'm addicted to the way my Kimmay Leave-in makes my hair feel, I will be applying that next time right after I rinse the mud wash out.

Pricey but will stretch if you add water and use an applicator bottle. I filled a KCNT bottle about 1/4 full of mud wash and 1/4 full of water. That got my entire head clean.

butterfly3000
butterfly3000

Back to top Go down

Post by Niqui36 14th March 2011, 6:05 pm

Well I took the plunge. So I'm eagerly waiting for it to get here so I can try it. lol. I plan to use it on me and my daughters hair. @butterfly3000, thanks for the tip on how to stretch it too!
Niqui36
Niqui36

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down