CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you put in the moisturizer prior to putting in the leave in conditioner? Or vise versa?

+2
shortnsweet
laurenanaisi
6 posters

Go down

Do you put in the moisturizer prior to putting in the leave in conditioner? Or vise versa? Empty Do you put in the moisturizer prior to putting in the leave in conditioner? Or vise versa?

Post by laurenanaisi 7th March 2011, 11:54 am

Hello!

My hair is COMPLETELY damaged from heat to the point where my curls will no longer curl Sad . I made a promise to myself and my hair that I am not going to use heat anymore. What do you all suggest that I do to moisturize my hair? What moisturizers and leave-in conditioners do you all suggest? I usually use mixed chicks, and I wash my hair with aussie moist. Also, is the moisturizer placed in your hair prior to putting in the leave in, or after? Any suggestions for different shampoo's and conditioner's to wash my hair with? Protein treatments? When my hair did curl, I had 3B curls. I hope I am able to get them back.

Thank you all (=
laurenanaisi
laurenanaisi

Back to top Go down

Do you put in the moisturizer prior to putting in the leave in conditioner? Or vise versa? Empty Re: Do you put in the moisturizer prior to putting in the leave in conditioner? Or vise versa?

Post by shortnsweet 7th March 2011, 1:53 pm

well me personally i love, love, love aussie moist condish for co-washes. i usually apply KCKT as a leave-in then i moisturize. one night before bed after i had co-washed i forgot to apply the leave-in to one side of my hair. so half my head had a leave-in and moisturizer (Bleanded beauty curl styling butter). and the other just the moisturizer. ill have to say it when my hair dried there was little to no diff. im trying to find products that can help me minimize the steps as much as possible. im still trying to find a good 'poo' search the forum im sure you'll find a lot of reviews for diff products. but if you're a PJ (like myself) beware...lol

HTH
shortnsweet
shortnsweet

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/tamara.e.gulley

Back to top Go down

Do you put in the moisturizer prior to putting in the leave in conditioner? Or vise versa? Empty Re: Do you put in the moisturizer prior to putting in the leave in conditioner? Or vise versa?

Post by NhappyJackie 7th March 2011, 2:10 pm

I use my leave-in (Giovanni Direct Leave-in) as my moisturizer. Then I seal with coconut oil.
NhappyJackie
NhappyJackie

http://members.fotki.com/jackiejones205/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 7th March 2011, 7:05 pm

laurenanaisi wrote:Hello!

My hair is COMPLETELY damaged from heat to the point where my curls will no longer curl Sad . I made a promise to myself and my hair that I am not going to use heat anymore. What do you all suggest that I do to moisturize my hair? What moisturizers and leave-in conditioners do you all suggest? I usually use mixed chicks, and I wash my hair with aussie moist. Also, is the moisturizer placed in your hair prior to putting in the leave in, or after? Any suggestions for different shampoo's and conditioner's to wash my hair with? Protein treatments? When my hair did curl, I had 3B curls. I hope I am able to get them back.

Thank you all (=
First, if you have experienced heat damage, you may want to do protein treatments following by moisturizing treatments. Protein helps strengthen the hair and may cause the hair to curl again. Good protein treatments are Nexxus Emergencee & Aphoghee Two Step System. It is very important to follow the directions carefully. Also follow the protein treatment with a moisturizing conditioning treatment.

As for leave ins, I like Curl Junkie, Karen's Body Beautiful and Darcy's Botanicals. You may not need a moisturizer and leave in based on your curl's texture and porosity. I would say to try a moisturizer/leave in and then seal with a light oil (EVCO, avocado, grapeseed, sweet almond).

There is really no difference between a leave in conditioner and moisturizer. Both are used to impart moisture into the hair. I think they are simply marketing terms. Some, particularly those with dense and/or coarse hair, do need a lighter product then a heavier product to help achieve optimum moisture levels.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by shortnsweet 10th March 2011, 2:51 pm

ChrsLvsBks wrote:
laurenanaisi wrote:Hello!

Thank you all (=
First, if you have experienced heat damage, you may want to do protein treatments following by moisturizing treatments. Protein helps strengthen the hair and may cause the hair to curl again. Good protein treatments are Nexxus Emergencee & Aphoghee Two Step System. It is very important to follow the directions carefully. Also follow the protein treatment with a moisturizing conditioning treatment.

As for leave ins, I like Curl Junkie, Karen's Body Beautiful and Darcy's Botanicals. You may not need a moisturizer and leave in based on your curl's texture and porosity. I would say to try a moisturizer/leave in and then seal with a light oil (EVCO, avocado, grapeseed, sweet almond).

There is really no difference between a leave in conditioner and moisturizer. Both are used to impart moisture into the hair. I think they are simply marketing terms. Some, particularly those with dense and/or coarse hair, do need a lighter product then a heavier product to help achieve optimum moisture levels.

ty! very helpful...
shortnsweet
shortnsweet

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/tamara.e.gulley

Back to top Go down

Post by bkd2j 10th March 2011, 9:45 pm

For me, a leave-in and a moisturizer are 2 different things because of my style choices. When I want a loose, soft, and lightly moisturized fro I use a leave-in alone, which to me is a more watery consistency. But when I'm using a styler/gel I use a leave-in, the styler/gel on top, and then the moisturizer is used to refresh everyday. And a moisturizer to me is still water-based but much thicker than my leave-in.

But like I said that's just for me and my mind. Smile
bkd2j
bkd2j

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 14th March 2011, 5:32 pm

Depending on what I'm doing with my hair, I choose to use both. If it's a wash n go, I just use a leave-in conditioner because I tend to remoisturize my hair daily.

If it's twists or braids, after deep conditioning I use Giovanni Direct Leave-In and wait until my hair is about 50% dry and add a moisturizer - lately it's been the Qhemets Burdock Root Butter (I love this stuff) and then twist or braid with ecocustard or one of my other many twisting products. But if I choose to twist with Afroveda Curl Define I skip the extra moisturizer. That product needs no help. So for me it's about whether or not I think a product needs help keeping my hair moist.
Renny
Renny

http://www.rhondamcknight.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down