CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A good cone free routine...shampoo, conditioner, leave in, moisturizer, and seal

5 posters

Go down

A good cone free routine...shampoo, conditioner, leave in, moisturizer, and seal Empty A good cone free routine...shampoo, conditioner, leave in, moisturizer, and seal

Post by MoCurls7 6th August 2010, 11:39 pm

Hey curly girls!!!! I need your help. Can you all give me some product suggestions on good cone free shampoos, conditioners, and moisturizers that I can buy at the beauty supply store, wal-mart, target, or whole foods. I've been trying to look through the discussion board archives but I haven't found any useful information. I really need a whole new routine. Right now I co-wash with Hello Hydration...use Olive Oil growth moisturizer...add some eco gel...and then seal with different types of oils. Any advice will be greatly appreciated, THANK YOU!

MoCurls7

Back to top Go down

A good cone free routine...shampoo, conditioner, leave in, moisturizer, and seal Empty Re: A good cone free routine...shampoo, conditioner, leave in, moisturizer, and seal

Post by Free2BMe :) 7th August 2010, 2:12 pm

Well I use Tresemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture and it IS cone-free with excellent slip. After a couple of uses my hair(which is usually extremely dry!) was incredibly soft. I also use Olive Oil Hair Lotion which moisturizes my hair really well throughout the day. Both of these products I bought at Wal-Mart.
I think both items were around $4.75

HTH!
Free2BMe :)
Free2BMe :)

http://xoxo-chichi.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

A good cone free routine...shampoo, conditioner, leave in, moisturizer, and seal Empty Re: A good cone free routine...shampoo, conditioner, leave in, moisturizer, and seal

Post by Curlock Holmes 7th August 2010, 2:47 pm

I like Giovanni Deeper Moisture as a deep conditioner, and I also have been using their Tea Tree shampoo... I like the shampoo, and it has lasted me a long time, but I'm trying out other options. A lot of people like Giovanni's Direct Leave-in, but it wasn't moisturizing enough for me.

I really like Aubrey Organics Honey Suckle Rose conditioner too, I think it's great.

For a leave in, you may want to look up Kimmaytube (on youtube), she has a leave-in recipe that a lot of people have had great results with, and you can use any leave-in conditioner that you have and like as the base. Actually, her whole channel is very informative, so watch a few of her videos, they might help you out.

As far as an oil to seal goes, I recently have discovered and fell in love with castor oil... it makes my hair feel really soft, moisturized, and even bouncy!
Curlock Holmes
Curlock Holmes

Back to top Go down

Post by Priss Pot 7th August 2010, 3:21 pm

Shampoo:
Elasta QP Creme Conditioning Shampoo (I love this shampoo, and it's so gentle)

Conditioner:
Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner (you can get it from the salon in Wal-Mart)
Aubrey Organics Honey Suckle Rose
Sally's GVP Biolage Conditioning Balm
Nature's Gate Conditioners (mainly the Jojoba Revitalizing one)

Leave-in:
I tend to use regular conditioner as a leave-in. Trader Joe's Nourish Spa is my favorite, but I'm not sure if you have one in your area. Another conditioner that can double as a leave-in is the Kenra MC.

Oils, sealing, etc:
Castor Oil is a great sealant. I like to mix EVOO with a conditioner to use as a deep conditioning treatment under a heating cap. You can add oils to your conditioners that you'd like to use as a leave-in also. One of my current leave-in mixtures consists of Trader Joe's Nourish Spa, distilled water, and rice bran oil.

Moisturizing:
As far as moisturizing dry hair, I'd say shea butter. Some say that shea butter only seals the hair, but from my experience it provides some type of moisture to my hair. What you could do is lightly spritz your hair with a distilled water/vegetable glycerin mix and then apply the shea butter on top. That works too!
Priss Pot
Priss Pot

Back to top Go down

Post by KnottyKinkyMommy 8th August 2010, 5:26 pm

Shampoo:
Renpure Organics Shampoo (sulfate free red bottle) find in drugstores

Conditioner:
Renpure Organics Conditioner (cone free red bottle) find in drugstores
Suave Tropical Coconut (cone free) find it everywhere

Deep Conditioner:
Queen Helene Cholesterol (cone free) find in local bss/drugstore
Taliah Waajid's Herbal Conditioner (local bss)

Leave-In:
Taliah Waajid Protective Mist Bodifier (local bss)
Jane Carter Solution Revitalizing Leave In (local bss)
Darcy's Botanicals Herbal Leave in Spritz (online)

Moisturizer:
Carol's Daughter Healthy Hair Butter (in stores/Sephora/online)
Oyin Handmade Whipped Pudding (online)

Sealant:
Castor Oil (drugstore/local bss/online)
KnottyKinkyMommy
KnottyKinkyMommy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down