CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kids Say the Darndest Things

+4
deeply_rooted_chick
DreamMerchant
Niqui36
NaturalG.R.I.T.S.
8 posters

Go down

Kids Say the Darndest Things Empty Kids Say the Darndest Things

Post by NaturalG.R.I.T.S. 6th March 2011, 1:38 pm

My son was watching me pick my hair the other day then proceeds to ask "Mommy what are trying to get out of your hair?" LOL Razz

For all the natural mommies out there...what's some of the funny things your kids have asked or said as they watch you care for your hair?
NaturalG.R.I.T.S.
NaturalG.R.I.T.S.

Back to top Go down

Kids Say the Darndest Things Empty Re: Kids Say the Darndest Things

Post by Niqui36 6th March 2011, 4:10 pm

That is funny! LOL! My daughter says funny things alot! Nothing to do with hair, but......we were talking about why my son had to have surgery on his back and I told her it was to make his back straight. She asked if her back was straight and I told her yes. Then she says, "Well how did Kwami's back get.........wrinkled?" Very Happy I thought it was funny how she had to pause for a minute to come up with the word wrinkled for crooked.
Niqui36
Niqui36

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamMerchant 7th March 2011, 12:39 am

Mine is not about hair but I am posting these bad boys. Julian is 2 and 1/2 and here is what she has said in the past couple of months. She is too grown.

1. (Standing in line at the store) Julian says, "Momma, where did that man's hair go? Up his nose momma? He has alot of hair up his nose"

2. (This was at Walgreen's when she was 1 and 1/2) We were on our way to look at hair products when she gets super excited, points and yells "Shamooo, Shamoooo". That would be fine if a rather large lady was not standing in front of the shampoo shelf. The lady turned around stunned. Her face turned red and she stormed off. My daughter was not calling that woman Shamu. Julian could not say shampoo at the time.

3. (On campus). Julian yells as loud as possible "Momma, why does that boy have red pimples on his face?"

4. (At Wal-mart in the checkout lane) "Momma, why does she have dirty finger nails momma? And where are her teeth? What happened to her teeth momma?"

5. (At the grocery store) Julian see's a little girl that had to be 6 with a pacifier in her mouth. This little girl was talking from the side of her mouth without taking the pacifier out. Julian says (as loud as possible mind you), "Momma, I thought you said pacifiers were for babies. That girl is NOT a baby. She is bigger than me. Why does she still have a pacifier momma?"

6. (At the health food store sampling a fruit leather. Julian says "Oooh momma I can't eat this. It smells like daddy's flip flops"

7. (At the automotive store) Julian is pointing to random men saying "Is that my daddy?" Now, Weston (my dear sweet hubby) was there with us. He went to another lane for something. She even pointed to a short haired woman and said "There is my daddy!". I was done.

Those are the only Julian-isms I can think of right now. She is trying to get me stabbed out in public. She is so loud. I know whenever she starts with "MOMMA" and it is a high pitched shrill, I better re-direct her attention somewhere else. I will get her back when she is a teenager!
DreamMerchant
DreamMerchant

http://public.fotki.com/DreamMerchant/

Back to top Go down

Post by deeply_rooted_chick 7th March 2011, 1:27 am

LOL the daddy flip flops is hilarous!
deeply_rooted_chick
deeply_rooted_chick

Back to top Go down

Post by gemofacurlgirl 7th March 2011, 2:54 am

My four yr old has said when trying to insult her sister " her hair is messed up she has an afro mommy I don't like it " and I guess she saw the look on my face and she quickly said " but your afro is nice mommy " ! Oh and another one not hair related I was running late for work and asked hubby to give me a ride to work he was tired Crying or Very sad and said no well the 4 yr old says " Mommy if daddy does not take you to work he does not love you " Evil or Very Mad I was done I left got to work work on time and instead of taking the bus home he called to say he was picking me up lol amd smdh !
gemofacurlgirl
gemofacurlgirl

Back to top Go down

Post by MelMelBee 7th March 2011, 6:01 am

LOL!!! My godsiblings and cousins say some crazy stuff too!

I picked my hair out into an afro and walked into my godsister's room. She actually didn't say anything. She looked at me and stared for a long time, then she just shook her head in disappointment and turned back around to what she was doing...LOL! She's only 5! Once when her mom did her hair and she looked in the mirror, she said "Mommy, I know you can do better than THIS!" I was cracking up!

My godbrother who is 3 and can't quite pronounce Melanie (sounds more like Ma-ma-nee) saw one of my new hairdoos recently. He climbed up in my lap and smiled and said "Ma-ma-nee, I don't like your hair". Then he kissed me on the nose, patted my head and got down! Hahaha!!

My cousin who is now 9 once went up to a little Asian girl gave her a big hug and said "I love Jewish people"...LOL she was 3 at the time.

My other cousin who is now 6 went to church and said all proud and loud "When I brush my teeth, my pee pee wiggles"...he was 4 when this happened!

A mess I tell you!

________________________________________________________________________________
Enter to Win!
MelMelBee
MelMelBee

http://www.experiencestmattsumc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MsJay1121 7th March 2011, 11:46 am

My little brother this weekend:

**A Song for You by Donnie Hathaway plays in background**
my little bro: 'cause we are alone now.....'
Me: Eli, you don't even know who this is...
Eli: Yes I do!!! It's Jesse Pendegrass!!! Duh!!!!

*Dead*
MsJay1121
MsJay1121

Back to top Go down

Post by MsJay1121 7th March 2011, 11:50 am

Another Eli story:

"Janay, who's you're all time hero?"
"Um, Jesus most likely..."

"Jesus? Why?
"Aside from the obvious, the man did turn water to wine."
"Yeah, yeah, and bread into crackers..."--WHAT?!!!!

Oh, another one:
Eli loves picking on my little blemishes. I told him, "boy I can't wait til you hit puberty! Braces and pimples galore!"

Eli: "um, no! I'm only gonna have ringworms and eczema!!!"
my husband: "Wait, you have standards for you skin ailments?!"

Baby bro is a trip, I tell ya!
MsJay1121
MsJay1121

Back to top Go down

Post by cocowantshealthyhair 7th March 2011, 1:12 pm

My baby cousin Sa'Rayah who was 2 almost 3 , at the time told me after i did her hair that she looked like Mickey Mouse. Then she went on to say i don't like mickey mouse anymore . So i guess that was her way of saying she didn't like her puff balls. lol

Last edited by cocowantshealthyhair on 7th March 2011, 1:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
cocowantshealthyhair
cocowantshealthyhair

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down