CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

hair products help

3 posters

Go down

hair products help  Empty hair products help

Post by creolebeauty1 4th March 2011, 6:49 am

Hey ladies i plan on hitting target for some hair stuff but i need a little direction i have my staple leave in already witch is the giovanni brand but i want to try the jane carter style and nourish moisturizer and the shea moisture curl enhancing smoothie i have tried the jane carter conditioner and i loved it but i'm a bit reluctant on the leave in since its a spray and my hair likes thicker leave ins but i have heard great things about the moisturizer should i try it in conjunction with my giovanni or do i need the whole line for it to work ? i guess that's my question when it comes to product do trying the whole line work better than trying one product here and there and combining them ?
thanks a bunch Smile
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

hair products help  Empty Re: hair products help

Post by Prinsis 4th March 2011, 11:15 am

Not for me...I haven't found a line that I like in its' entirety so I mix products. Currently, I'm using the Giovanni SAS Shampoo, Tresemme Naturals as my detangling conditioner, and I either use the Giovanni Direct or Yes to Cucumbers as my leave-in and add avocado butter and jojoba oil.

It is trial and error finding the right products for your hair but I would suggest using it at least three times before deciding if it works or not. I didn't like Yes to Cucumbers the first time I tried it, but tried it again and realized my hair loves it. Another tip is not to try more than one new product at a time...don't try a new shampoo, conditioner, leave-in all at the same time...just try one new product at a time, that way you can isolate what is and is not working. HTH.

Prinsis

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 4th March 2011, 11:20 am

Great advice ^^^^^^^

My question for you is how do you plan to use the products you're interested in? What kind of style are you trying to achieve?

When I first BC'd, I used a spray leave in and Giovanni Direct Leave in and I didn't notice a big difference. I was using the Beyond the Zone Leave in.

I would like to think using the the entire line of products would work great together but that hasnt been my finding.

Since you have found products your hair likes, start writing down the first 5 ingredients of those products. That will help you in the future when making product purchases. You will look for products with those same ingredients in them.

I hope this helps.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by creolebeauty1 4th March 2011, 11:36 am

yes that helps a great deal Smile ooooooooffff lol trial and error
i want to get the jane carter moisturizer styler because so far i don't really have a moisturizer or styler and since i want to try twist outs braid outs and such i figure that particular product can help me out a deal as far as the smoothie it's for the exact same purpose as a styler Smile so far everything else i tried seems to work pretty good but i have been sticking to the basic i feel the need to explore a little bit but i will get the styler by jane carter for now try it out and than depending on my result try the shea moisture i have a good feeling about jane carter being that i liked her previous products crossing my fingers
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down