CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WHERE ARE MY TYPE 4 LADIES?? KKKC or Enhancing Smoothie??

+11
v3tt3
Luscious Mahogany
naturallynola
smaddox
Atasteofcaramel
naturalqtpy
Sebastain13
WalkingInDestiny
MsArabia
yldthng
amchang
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

WHERE ARE MY TYPE 4 LADIES??  KKKC or Enhancing Smoothie?? Empty WHERE ARE MY TYPE 4 LADIES?? KKKC or Enhancing Smoothie??

Post by amchang 2nd March 2011, 11:16 pm

Okay, so I bought Hair Rules Kinky Curly Cream from Ulta yesterday...it's crap. Did not define my curls and my hair isn't as soft as I know it has the potential of being. I see a lot of you ladies rooting for the Shea Moisture Curling Enhancing Smoothie and the Kinky-Curly Curling Cream (I hear it works best in unison with the Kinky Knot Today Conditioner). Now, I have type 4 hair. ONE VERSUS THE OTHER WHICH DO YOU SUGGEST AND/OR PREFER?? I'm thinking for the sake of my bathroom closet and the evil looks I'm starting to get from my husband (quickly becoming a PJ), I'll stick with the coconut oil I bought today and the MYHoneyChild products I got from Sophia Sunflower until I get some length. Also, are there any suggestions as to how to use the coconut oil? Thanks girls!
amchang
amchang

Back to top Go down

WHERE ARE MY TYPE 4 LADIES??  KKKC or Enhancing Smoothie?? Empty Re: WHERE ARE MY TYPE 4 LADIES?? KKKC or Enhancing Smoothie??

Post by yldthng 2nd March 2011, 11:33 pm

I prefer the Kinky Curly Curling Custard - it's my favorite thus far. But, I also like the Shea Moisture Curling Smoothie.

They give me different results.

The KCCC gives me very distinct defined clumpy curls.

The SheaMoisture gives me curls, but not as clumpy, and it makes my hair "feel" thicker.
yldthng
yldthng

Back to top Go down

WHERE ARE MY TYPE 4 LADIES??  KKKC or Enhancing Smoothie?? Empty Re: WHERE ARE MY TYPE 4 LADIES?? KKKC or Enhancing Smoothie??

Post by MsArabia 3rd March 2011, 12:13 am

I cut my hair on Valentine's Day and have tried both of those products. My Avatar is of my hair with KKCC. It looked okay in the front but I wasn't thrilled about the back where my hair is shorter so I'm thinking of giving it another try when my hair is longer. And as yldthng stated the SM smoothie gives me curls but not well defined ones like the KKCC but that's okay for me b/c right now I just want to ensure that my hair is properly moisturized. I'm not even sure if I used the KKCC correctly Wink b/c my hair felt very producty to me after it dried (which took a very long time). As for the dryness and your hair not being soft, it could be from your recent cut (congrats) or that product not being for your hair. I've been co-washing everyday and shampooing and DC only once a week to battle the dryness and my hair has definitely become softer and noticeably more moisturized. As for the coconut oil, I use it on my hair to seal at night after I moisturize. I also use it in my DC. Before I cut my hair I would use it to DC by itself. I just rubbed it in my hands until it melted and applied to my hair and let it sit for about two hours. It will really soften the hair.

Last edited by MsArabia on 3rd March 2011, 12:18 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : left a few words out silly me)
MsArabia
MsArabia

Back to top Go down

Post by WalkingInDestiny 3rd March 2011, 12:54 am

amchang wrote:Okay, so I bought Hair Rules Kinky Curly Cream from Ulta yesterday...it's crap. Did not define my curls and my hair isn't as soft as I know it has the potential of being. I see a lot of you ladies rooting for the Shea Moisture Curling Enhancing Smoothie and the Kinky-Curly Curling Cream (I hear it works best in unison with the Kinky Knot Today Conditioner). Now, I have type 4 hair. ONE VERSUS THE OTHER WHICH DO YOU SUGGEST AND/OR PREFER?? I'm thinking for the sake of my bathroom closet and the evil looks I'm starting to get from my husband (quickly becoming a PJ), I'll stick with the coconut oil I bought today and the MYHoneyChild products I got from Sophia Sunflower until I get some length. Also, are there any suggestions as to how to use the coconut oil? Thanks girls!

My hair type is 4a some areas mainly 4b. I use the Sally's brand knock off Paul Mitchell THE CONDITIONER. I do the shingle method..Basically on damp hair or most hair apply the conditioner in sections going from root to tip of hair applying product lightly or somewhat heavier depending on hair. After you have completed allow to dry without manipulating the hair,if I want to unclump I will just shake my head to loosen curls. Generally the next day you just remoisten,then your hair stays soft and there isn't any sticky buildup becasue of gel. It also mixes well with hair oils if thats your preference. I hope this helps. Smile
WalkingInDestiny
WalkingInDestiny

Back to top Go down

Post by Sebastain13 3rd March 2011, 10:11 am

I really havent found a product that helps w/curls I wear my hair mostly in two strand twist out in a fro I dont know what I will do with it when the summer comes Love the MyHoneyChild deep conditioner
Sebastain13
Sebastain13

http://<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/">

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalqtpy 3rd March 2011, 12:51 pm

I have not tried the enhancing smoothie yet because I refuse to keep giving into my PJism until I get rid of some of what I have, lol. KCCC was one of the many products I bought when I first BC'd and I hated it at first. So then I went to eco-styler. But a few days a go I decided to give KCCC another go and got great results cheers . As many already know, with KCCC its about using the right amount and not being heavy handed with it. I got beautiful defined curls. I used the kimmytube leave-in, applied a little oil after that and then small amounts of KCCC at a time until I got the look I was going for. It dried to a nice, soft, defined twa. Very Happy I still have some frizz in between but it still looked great Smile
naturalqtpy
naturalqtpy

Back to top Go down

Post by yldthng 3rd March 2011, 1:03 pm

I tried my Curls Curl Creme Brule today - I love the curls it gives too - here's a pic.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
yldthng
yldthng

Back to top Go down

Post by amchang 3rd March 2011, 5:32 pm

Hey everybody thanks for the input. I see many of you have short hair like me. How do you work the product into your hair? I do circular motions. Is that how you guys do it to get definition?
amchang
amchang

Back to top Go down

Post by yldthng 3rd March 2011, 5:44 pm

Yes - I do circular too. Also, once I put the product in my hair and get it worked in good, I leave it alone - I don't mess with it anymore until it dries - and it doesn't frizz.
yldthng
yldthng

Back to top Go down

Post by amchang 4th March 2011, 2:43 pm

Hey Ladies, did you experience random frizzy hairs after your BC with clippers? I used the KCCC and like the results, but they're hidden by the longer frizzy strands of hair. Maybe it will take longer for my to "train" my hair to curl? Did anyone else get frizzies and was there anything you used that got rid of them??
amchang
amchang

Back to top Go down

Post by Atasteofcaramel 4th March 2011, 3:57 pm

I have tried both, I was not impressed with neither of them but the SheaMoisture CRAP! it did not define my curls at all. I was highly up set. The KKC defined my curls it just took FOREVER for my hair to dry.
Atasteofcaramel
Atasteofcaramel

Back to top Go down

Post by smaddox 5th March 2011, 11:13 pm

I have tried Eco Styler Olive Oil, Crystal Clear and the Pink. I am really happy with the pink. I am on day 3 of my wash n go. Check it out. I must say that the Olive Oil is my least favorite. I like the Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie as my daily moisturizer, and then scrunch in coconut oil.

https://www.youtube.com/user/momtomy3ms?feature=mhum
smaddox
smaddox

Back to top Go down

Post by MsArabia 5th March 2011, 11:34 pm

The more moisturized my hair became the less frizzies. For the long ones, I just pull them out straight (after applying my products) and they will usually pop down into place. For the ones that don't I just kind of pat my head and keep it going lol
MsArabia
MsArabia

Back to top Go down

Post by amchang 6th March 2011, 11:33 am

@MsArabia. Did your frizzies eventually go away? Or do you still have them?
amchang
amchang

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 6th March 2011, 7:53 pm

Amchang - Have you watched the video demonstration Shelley Davis (Kinky Curly founder) did? I like how she addressed some of the common frustrations some have with KCCC. Also, as you noted, it is best used in concert with KCNT.

yldthng - Your curls looks great!

http://kinky-curly.com/tips.php

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by amchang 8th March 2011, 3:35 am

@naturallynola...very helpful, thanks!
amchang
amchang

Back to top Go down

Post by Luscious Mahogany 9th March 2011, 5:05 pm

@yldthng, i'm so glad you posted the pic about the creme brulee because i was wondering about that one too when I saw it. I am a fan of both KCCC and the shea moisture they have been my starter products and have worked great for my curls.

@amchang, I have 4a textured hair to but I think you have to train your hair a bit to get it used to curling, I used to just wet my hands as if I was washing them rub them through my hair then apply the smoothie in a circular motion all over my hair and that helped it curl. As previously noted by another sister, the KCCC is meant to be used in conjuction with the KCKT as a system and it works great. Usually when I use the KCCC I put the KT on first, then the CC and then I use a sealant (a serum, olive oil or coconut oil) so that the curl doesn't yield a really crunchy curl, that's me. The next day with the KC products in, all I have to do is use a sealant then I'm out the door! Good luck with it you'll get it!!
Luscious Mahogany
Luscious Mahogany

Back to top Go down

Post by yldthng 9th March 2011, 5:12 pm

@naturallynola - Thank you!

@Luscious Mahagony - PERFECT! That is exactly why I post pics when I try something new - so maybe if you're interested, you can see how it looks close up.
yldthng
yldthng

Back to top Go down

Post by amchang 12th March 2011, 5:45 am

Hey Ladies. Just got back from a week of spring break in L.A. It's been almost two weeks since my big chop. My husband just said my hair has grown a lot...which is good. Anyways, I've been using the KCCC and the KKNT (sealing with coconut oil). I've had some pretty great results. I don't have those straggly hairs I did before (I guess my hair needed training). The curls I get are soft to the touch; fun to play with. I also went to Claire's and got a ton of huge earrings decorated with feathers and what nots...never knew I was such a huge fan of feathers! But I am learning so much about my hair and myself since I freed myself from the politically correct ideal image of the American black woman lol! I don't want to become a PJ and I'm pretty satisfied with the results I get from the products and regimen I use now. BUT I do want to try the Smoothie, I'll wait at least a couple of weeks for that. I'll let you guys know my results!!
amchang
amchang

Back to top Go down

Post by Luscious Mahogany 12th March 2011, 9:56 am

@Amchang that's great you seem like you have a pretty good regimen to start don't forget to incorporate your cowashing an deep conditioning you'll want that as it grows! But I had to stop myself from buying products I started with Shea Moisture then went back for the KCCC and KCKT now I've stopped until I use those things up! But good luck an happy growing!
Luscious Mahogany
Luscious Mahogany

Back to top Go down

Post by amchang 12th March 2011, 4:19 pm

@Luscious Mahogany. Yeah I deep condition with MyHoneyChild's Olive you deep conditioner once a week. I co-wash about twice a week with Design Essentials moisturizing conditioner (I had it from my relaxer days, I want to use it up before getting a more natural conditioner.) I use the design essential shampoo about once a week. And I water my hair about everyday - I just run plain water through my hair, then follow with a leave in (also by Myhoneychild) and coconut oil. My hair seems to respond well to my regimen now. Any tips?
amchang
amchang

Back to top Go down

Post by Luscious Mahogany 12th March 2011, 9:36 pm

@Amchang that sounds good to me. I can't shampoo my hair weekly tho I feel like it dries out but with the DCing an cowashing weekly that helps. It was an article on naturallycurly.com that talked about how often certain hair types should wash their hair you should check it out some time.
Luscious Mahogany
Luscious Mahogany

Back to top Go down

Post by v3tt3 13th March 2011, 10:09 am

amchang wrote:Okay, so I bought Hair Rules Kinky Curly Cream from Ulta yesterday...it's crap. Did not define my curls and my hair isn't as soft as I know it has the potential of being. I see a lot of you ladies rooting for the Shea Moisture Curling Enhancing Smoothie and the Kinky-Curly Curling Cream (I hear it works best in unison with the Kinky Knot Today Conditioner). Now, I have type 4 hair. ONE VERSUS THE OTHER WHICH DO YOU SUGGEST AND/OR PREFER?? I'm thinking for the sake of my bathroom closet and the evil looks I'm starting to get from my husband (quickly becoming a PJ), I'll stick with the coconut oil I bought today and the MYHoneyChild products I got from Sophia Sunflower until I get some length. Also, are there any suggestions as to how to use the coconut oil? Thanks girls!

Hey dear how'z the product search coming?! I do have to say I'm a cheap PJ LOL! Other cheaper products I've tried never gave me that silky, shiny look I wanted to achieve. So I definetly wanted to try the Smoothie 1st(KCCC is higher n price and I hear it works best with KCKT-another highly priced product). I've been using it twice a day to two strand twist(for a twistout) my hair and sealing in the moisture with castor oil. I would definetly say my hair is the softest/shiniest it's been! The Smoothie works wonders as a moisturizer/styling product(when doing twists)! Hope that helped!!!
v3tt3
v3tt3

https://facebook.com/vette.hughes

Back to top Go down

Post by amchang 14th March 2011, 9:56 pm

[quote="v3tt3"]
amchang wrote:

Hey dear how'z the product search coming?! I do have to say I'm a cheap PJ LOL! Other cheaper products I've tried never gave me that silky, shiny look I wanted to achieve. So I definetly wanted to try the Smoothie 1st(KCCC is higher n price and I hear it works best with KCKT-another highly priced product). I've been using it twice a day to two strand twist(for a twistout) my hair and sealing in the moisture with castor oil. I would definetly say my hair is the softest/shiniest it's been! The Smoothie works wonders as a moisturizer/styling product(when doing twists)! Hope that helped!!!

Hey, I haven't tried the Smoothie yet, I want to use up a little more of my KCCC first, just so I won't have a closet packed of full jars. The smoothie is definitely next on my list. I'll let you know how I like it!
amchang
amchang

Back to top Go down

Post by yldthng 14th March 2011, 10:30 pm

So . . . I've been using my SheaMoisture CE Smoothie for the last 3 days. I really like how moisturizing this stuff is.
yldthng
yldthng

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next