CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The best Sulfate free Shampoo for type 4 ladies

+6
Sequoia
Berry3674
fanmnatirel
LCnewjourney
ImLovinIt
Blackdoll83
10 posters

Go down

The best Sulfate free Shampoo for type 4 ladies Empty The best Sulfate free Shampoo for type 4 ladies

Post by Blackdoll83 1st February 2011, 3:43 pm

So im going to give the kimmaytube way of hair care a go. Already going to get her leave in ingredients, now i need great shampoo suggestions. One that is sulfate free and gentle enough for dry hair. And if you have a suggestion of a great conditioner to pair wiith it that would be even better.
My hair i would say falls in the 4b -c cateogory. Some tight coils at the top and more puffy/ little definition on sides and back and the shrinkage is unbelievable. So anyone that shares similar hairtype please spill it. Thanks in advance!
Blackdoll83
Blackdoll83

Back to top Go down

The best Sulfate free Shampoo for type 4 ladies Empty Re: The best Sulfate free Shampoo for type 4 ladies

Post by ImLovinIt 1st February 2011, 3:54 pm

If you find a good one, please let me know. I've been using Organix sulfate free shampoo since going natural a 7 months ago. I would say my hair is about a 4c. It gets it clean but it leaves it very dry.
ImLovinIt
ImLovinIt

Back to top Go down

The best Sulfate free Shampoo for type 4 ladies Empty Re: The best Sulfate free Shampoo for type 4 ladies

Post by LCnewjourney 1st February 2011, 4:20 pm

Organix left my hair very dry too, so I've switched!

Keracare hydrating/detangling shampoo is sulfate free and extremely moisturizing for me. I'm in love! Make sure you get the tan-colored bottle cause I think the old formula has sulfates.

LCnewjourney

Back to top Go down

Post by fanmnatirel 1st February 2011, 4:24 pm

Hi Ladies-
My hair type is 4c so i will be following this thread closely...lol.

Ok...I have been using a shampoo called "Coconut Kreme Moisturizing shampoo" from a small company called Natural Epiphany...and i must say that this shampoo is freaking AMAZING!!!!

The ingredients are as follow:
Peppermint Oil, cinamon oil, tea tree oil, lavender oil, citronella oil, almond oil, casscia oil, neem oil, aloe vera, caellia, sunflower oil, rosemary oil, vanilla oil...

But i think technique is also very important when washing your hair...
I usually put my shampoo in an applicator bottle so that when i'm applying it i only apply it to my scalp.
Then i do NOT rinse my hair...I apply my conditioner to the body of my hair if you will...
Then i rinse my hair... and remove excess water before applying my leave-in condish.

Its been working like a charm

fanmnatirel
fanmnatirel

Back to top Go down

Post by Berry3674 1st February 2011, 4:37 pm

I'm mainly 4b and I've been using the herbal shampoo from butters and bars. i love how well it lathers and it smells great. Doesn't leave my hair dry either. I also like the clarifying conditioner from v05. I use it in place of shampoo every other week.
Berry3674
Berry3674

Back to top Go down

Post by Sequoia 1st February 2011, 5:06 pm

Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Shampoo is the best shampoo I've ever used!
Sequoia
Sequoia

Back to top Go down

Post by alessialele 1st February 2011, 5:10 pm

I'm only transitioning but I'm almost 11 months into my transition. I love a shampoo called Shikai
http://www.vitacost.com/Shikai-Natural-Everyday-Shampoo#IngredientFacts
alessialele
alessialele

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 1st February 2011, 6:43 pm

fanmnatirel wrote:Hi Ladies-
My hair type is 4c so i will be following this thread closely...lol.

Ok...I have been using a shampoo called "Coconut Kreme Moisturizing shampoo" from a small company called Natural Epiphany...and i must say that this shampoo is freaking AMAZING!!!!

The ingredients are as follow:
Peppermint Oil, cinamon oil, tea tree oil, lavender oil, citronella oil, almond oil, casscia oil, neem oil, aloe vera, caellia, sunflower oil, rosemary oil, vanilla oil...

But i think technique is also very important when washing your hair...
I usually put my shampoo in an applicator bottle so that when i'm applying it i only apply it to my scalp.
Then i do NOT rinse my hair...I apply my conditioner to the body of my hair if you will...
Then i rinse my hair... and remove excess water before applying my leave-in condish.

Its been working like a charm

do u have a link to do the company?

i also co-sign that it's about technique. i swear up and down washing hair in sections and using an applicator. i try to focus mostly on my scalp when cleansing and let the suds run down the hair and then lightly rub the hair.
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 1st February 2011, 6:45 pm

Berry3674 wrote:I'm mainly 4b and I've been using the herbal shampoo from butters and bars. i love how well it lathers and it smells great. Doesn't leave my hair dry either. I also like the clarifying conditioner from v05. I use it in place of shampoo every other week.

yeah, i like butters n bars medicated shampoo, as well! very gentle. good stuff. and pretty economical, as the bottle will probably last me till sometime next year.
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 1st February 2011, 6:46 pm

Sequoia wrote:Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Shampoo is the best shampoo I've ever used!

ur hair is so pretty!
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 1st February 2011, 6:48 pm

also, i have heard that shikaki herb and poo bar work well, as well as raw african shea butter black soap soap and the poo bars from chagrin valley.
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by fanmnatirel 1st February 2011, 7:06 pm

Hey Dajewel-
Here is the link:
http://www.natural-epiphany.com/index2.php

And yes- i only wash my hair in sections....less tangles and i definitely don't lose that much anymore...
fanmnatirel
fanmnatirel

Back to top Go down

Post by creolebeauty1 2nd February 2011, 12:31 am

I'm still transitioning, it has been 11 months today but my hair is 4a/4b mixed together very weird
But as far as the kimmaytube leave in i have been using that for 6 months not i love my results but i replaced Knot today with Giovanni leave in
As a shampoo i have been using African black soap instead it cleans my hair and does not dry it out as far as conditioners i use the jane carter solution as my deep conditioner i add honey and EVOO to it Smile , thanks for this thread
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackdoll83 2nd February 2011, 2:01 am

hey ladies!
@imlovinit- we in this together!
@lcnewjourney- keracare- i will def look into it. im glad that u found a shampoo that works amazing for you. its always exciting when something works well. Thanks for the sugg.
@fanmnatirel & berry3674- those shampoos do sound amazing- but the only thing that concerns me is i dont like to order stuff online or get stuff from small comp. bc i want to be able to always have access to things you know? Like if i run out or something, i would want to be able to pick it up quick and easy. and i would want it to be available at a few stores.
thanks for the tip on technique is everything fanmnatirel- i am going to pick up a couple of applicator bottles asap and i cannot wait to try that technique! Berry- the vo5 claifying conditioner i was def looking at bc i already use vo5 moisture condish.
@Sequoia- that shea moisture sounds good, do you use it with a shea moisture conditioner too? and if so, which one?
@alessialele & dajewel & creolebeauty1- I have tried shakaki and african black soap on my hair- they get my hair clean but unfortunately then leaves it really dry and hard. So im avoiding those for now. And the jane carters for deep condish huh - def a possibility.

P.s- All you ladies are hott- wow! great hair and style. Thanks for the great feedback Smile
Blackdoll83
Blackdoll83

Back to top Go down

Post by KnottyKinkyMommy 2nd February 2011, 3:42 am

Lorea'l Everstrong Reconstruct Shampoo is also good. Awesome lather...nice fresh clean scent...doesn't strip hair.
KnottyKinkyMommy
KnottyKinkyMommy

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackdoll83 2nd February 2011, 7:43 pm

knottykinkymommy - do you use the conditioner as well?
Blackdoll83
Blackdoll83

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down