CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Henna with hibiscus, paprika or beets?

4 posters

Go down

Henna with hibiscus, paprika or beets? Empty Henna with hibiscus, paprika or beets?

Post by Cassandref 2nd March 2011, 3:42 pm

I'm doing another henna treatment soon and I'm thinking about switching it up a little.
Instead of green tea, I think I might add hibiscus, paprika or beet juice so I can get more color.
Everything else- henna, honey, and conditioner.

I don't mind what color I get. I want the color to last between henna treatments.

Which one have you done? In which form: powder, or tea?

Thanks!
Cassandref
Cassandref

Back to top Go down

Henna with hibiscus, paprika or beets? Empty Re: Henna with hibiscus, paprika or beets?

Post by Estiscurls 17th March 2011, 7:06 am

Where do you get the hisbiscus?
Estiscurls
Estiscurls

Back to top Go down

Henna with hibiscus, paprika or beets? Empty Re: Henna with hibiscus, paprika or beets?

Post by MsKayDee 22nd March 2011, 10:54 pm

Oh I wanna know the answer to this too as I am planning my 3rd henna treatment and want to switch it up as well to get more color as my hair is so dark you barely see the color except in the sun, but yet again i am a newbie and I know the more often I do it, the color will accumulate on my hair.
MsKayDee
MsKayDee

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 23rd March 2011, 11:01 am

I make a strong hibiscus tea and add to my henna for a richer color. I use the hibiscus flower petals. Some ppl use the powder. A health food store like WF or some local health food store or cooperative. Here is a tip. If hibiscus is unavailable on the ground, buy Red Zinger Tea by Celestial. Its red b/c of the hibiscus. Also, you can check out your local Indian or Mediterranean Markets. Hibiscus is Jaswand. If you have Caribbean or Jamaican stores, look for sorrel. Also, in Latin or Mexican markets, look for Jamaica like the name of the drink in the soda bottle. These are the only ones I know about personally.

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down