CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should I dilute clarifying shampoo?

5 posters

Go down

Should I dilute clarifying shampoo? Empty Should I dilute clarifying shampoo?

Post by NewlyNatural 29th October 2009, 10:32 pm

First I would like to know why shampoo, conditioner etc should be diluted?

And...

I'm in the process of going natural and will use micro braids to grow my hair out till a desired length and I bought Avalon Organics Lemon Clarifying shampoo and conditioner to clean my braids of build up.

So since it is natural and clarifying should I dilute the conditioner and shampoo?

Please and Thank Smile

NewlyNatural

Back to top Go down

Should I dilute clarifying shampoo? Empty Re: Should I dilute clarifying shampoo?

Post by krenea 29th October 2009, 10:43 pm

I don't think it's necessary to dilute the conditioner, but the shampoo might be okay. It will be easier to rinse if you do dilute it.
krenea
krenea

Back to top Go down

Should I dilute clarifying shampoo? Empty Re: Should I dilute clarifying shampoo?

Post by *CurlyNikki* 30th October 2009, 1:43 pm

I dilute my Suave Clarifying shampoo whenever I use it (2-4 times a year). Clarifying poos can be harsh and very concentrated...all you need is a little, so squirt it in your hand, add a bit of water, and then apply.

I dilute my conditioner because it works better (for whatever reason), when water is added to the situation. It gets slipperier and helps the detangling process.
*CurlyNikki*
*CurlyNikki*
Admin

http://www.curlynikki.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NewlyNatural 30th October 2009, 2:00 pm

Thank you so much. Today marks the day I go natural!!

Starting with the BIG chop and then micro's in the next 3 weeks.

NewlyNatural

Back to top Go down

Post by curly+kinky+fierce 14th November 2009, 10:12 pm

what is the difference between a clarifying shampoo and sulfate free?
curly+kinky+fierce
curly+kinky+fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 14th November 2009, 10:43 pm

i actually used the suave clarifying poo and it does remove the buildup but i find it leaves it too squeeky clean and dmn near hard.

me personally, i dnt have a problem with sulfate poo's, then again my hair is still extra short and i have a slight case of ocd so i NEED to see suds to verify the clean-ness; yes im weird! so i guess ill see the difference in sulfate free poo's once my hair is longer, lol
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down