CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

frizz frizz go away!!

4 posters

Go down

frizz frizz go away!! Empty frizz frizz go away!!

Post by Atasteofcaramel 17th February 2011, 11:39 am

Hello ladies,

love my curls when I am fresh out of the shower.I co-wash 2-3 times a week deep condtion every 2 weeks( im trying to get to the point where I can do it every week) clairify once a month( Dr. Bonners castle soap). I shampoo with Canut or Cream of natuer. after I dry with a old t-shirt my curls are FAN-TAB-U-LOUS I apply my evoo and the styling moose to my hair and I'm gone out the door. As the day goes on and my hair dries it get frizzy Sad . What can I dont to help reduce the frizz
Atasteofcaramel
Atasteofcaramel

Back to top Go down

frizz frizz go away!! Empty Re: frizz frizz go away!!

Post by pyt2280 17th February 2011, 7:25 pm

Have you tried Kinky curling custard...I have heard it doesnt play well with butter based conditioners but I use it with Kinky curly knot today leave in and I have zero frizz...I have a twa but I've experiemented with other products but nothing has worked quite as well..... I've heard some people found success with eco-styler gel...i've never tried it though.
pyt2280
pyt2280

Back to top Go down

Post by Atasteofcaramel 18th February 2011, 12:45 pm

I did try the kkc but not with the leave in. Maybe I'll try that this weekend and see how that goes. this weekend I am treating my hair to a pamper day so we shall see what happens.

Thanks
Atasteofcaramel
Atasteofcaramel

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunt_Lola 18th February 2011, 12:54 pm

Hair mousse tends to have a lighter hold.
Maybe you need something a little stronger like a gel?

A lot of ladies seem to be having success with eco styler gels but I haven't tried them personally.

Aunt_Lola

Back to top Go down

Post by Atasteofcaramel 18th February 2011, 12:57 pm

Good idea. what products do you ladies use and you leave in condtioner. I think that my hair might be EXTRA thirsty thats why its frizzy. I am thinking about DOO grow but I dont know
Atasteofcaramel
Atasteofcaramel

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunt_Lola 18th February 2011, 1:59 pm

My hair is crazy thirsty too.
It frizzes like nobody's business when it's not as moisturized as it needs to be.

The 2 products that I like the most so far are Nubian Heritage's Raw Shea Butter Conditioner & the Shea Moisture leave-in.

I'm still a bit of a PJ, but after finding these 2 products my hair is mostly frizz free.
I like that you can find them in most BSS and/or Whole Foods.

I've never tried DOO Grow.

Aunt_Lola

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleur 18th February 2011, 3:49 pm

What kind of mousse are you using? A lot of mousse tends to promote a drying effect because they're alcohol-based. Do tell, please.
Fleur
Fleur

Back to top Go down

Post by Atasteofcaramel 18th February 2011, 3:54 pm

it's called curls moussse, not to be confused with the other curls line. but it does not have alcohol in it.
Atasteofcaramel
Atasteofcaramel

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleur 18th February 2011, 4:36 pm

Ok I know about that one, but the mousse may still be the culprit. The previous ladies are right that you still may need a heavier water-based cream or a gel to help to hold the style up as the water in your hair evaporates throughout the day. I used to keep a water bottle mixed with a leave-in, water, and oil to spray my hair twice a day to keep the curls saturated.

Henna can also help to reduce frizz. I haven't tried it because I pretty much mastered frizzies without it, (and let me tell you, my hair can be out of control if I don't take the proper measures to reduce it)

Try using a leave-in, evoo, and a moisturizer/gel. For me, I don't use a leave-in anymore because I used a lot of water-based products for moisture anyway so I didn't need an extra product. On damp hair, I seal with castor oil, apply KCCC and a cream gel. This style lasts me all week. The first day is a stiff, but defined hold. The trick to make it soft occurs after my hair dries. I put oil in my hand, rub it through my hair, then spritz with my water bottle. This softens the hair up and I don't lose the style because the water makes the curl loose, but the gel counteracts that by locking the style back in place. On day 3 I may spray with glycerin and water for extra softness. Works for me everytime. I only style my hair once a week thanks to hold, but I tweak it throughout the week. I never used gel in my relaxed days and I never thought I would use it as a natural, but I figured that oil and water softens it up bigtime.
Fleur
Fleur

Back to top Go down

Post by Atasteofcaramel 18th February 2011, 4:46 pm

I might have to give the kkcc another try so many peopole have said such good things about it. I dont want to go product crazy but these damn frizzies are about to be the death of me! when you say srt using the evoo leave in are you talking about the brand out the oil its self? when you use the castor oil do you apply before you use the kkc? Yeah I didnt use gel when i had my relaxer so i didnt think i would be useing it now as well
Atasteofcaramel
Atasteofcaramel

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleur 18th February 2011, 5:06 pm

Don't go product crazy. Use what you have, but add something for more moisture, hold or definition. Try using a leave-in, evoo, then your cream/gel. It's not all about product, but technique as well. I use castor oil first because it provides a barrier from any crunchiness from the gel. I figured that out during the first 2 months post BC. Practice over the weekend. Divide your hair in sections and alternate the way you apply products on your hair post-wash. Don't rub the products in your hair using your palm or scrunching with your fingers because you'll be asking for frizzy trouble. Afterwards, see which section works best for you. It's really all about trial and error!
Fleur
Fleur

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down