CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hair Care Recipes

+2
ajsimmons8
Madeaj
6 posters

Go down

Hair Care Recipes Empty Hair Care Recipes

Post by Madeaj 15th February 2011, 9:03 pm

Hey fellow formulators (sounds dirty doesn't it? Laughing)

I found a web site with some great recipes. OMG, I can't wait to try them. I even have some of the ingredients already so I don't have to test my PJ monkey. hehehe

Hair care recipes afro

Thought I'd share. Anyone else have some recipe websites?
Madeaj
Madeaj

Back to top Go down

Hair Care Recipes Empty Re: Hair Care Recipes

Post by ajsimmons8 15th February 2011, 11:20 pm

Thanks for sharing Madeaj Very Happy I'm going to try the Ayurvedic hair cream this weekend. Have you checked out this site?

http://hairrecipes.homestead.com/
ajsimmons8
ajsimmons8

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeaj 15th February 2011, 11:37 pm

Bookmarked! woot! thanks I love recipes. I have a cookbook software program and I use it to keep my favorites.

Madeaj
Madeaj

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybird 16th February 2011, 12:39 am

Hey curlis

Thanks for the info. I love mixing up stuff and i my hair has been acting up lately so i am def gonna try a couple of these soon!!!

Bookmaking...YAY!!!!
Ladybird
Ladybird

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeaj 16th February 2011, 12:59 am

ajsimmons8 wrote:Thanks for sharing Madeaj Very Happy I'm going to try the Ayurvedic hair cream this weekend. Have you checked out this site?

http://hairrecipes.homestead.com/

Post your results. I would love to try this one, but I promised myself I wouldn't buy anything new until March. Sad
Madeaj
Madeaj

Back to top Go down

Post by ajsimmons8 16th February 2011, 8:48 am

I definitely will let you know how it turns out; luckily I've got all of the ingredients and won't have to buy anything. I've tried adding aloe vera gel to my shea butter before and ended up with a clumpy mess No keeping my fingers crossed this time. Wink
ajsimmons8
ajsimmons8

Back to top Go down

Post by Jo Somebody 16th February 2011, 9:50 am

I've also bookmarked although I'm not really a formulatress (hehe!) yet. When I get my own place it's going to end up looking like a lab isn't it?? Laughing
Jo Somebody
Jo Somebody

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeaj 16th February 2011, 10:53 am

ajsimmons8 wrote:I definitely will let you know how it turns out; luckily I've got all of the ingredients and won't have to buy anything. I've tried adding aloe vera gel to my shea butter before and ended up with a clumpy mess No keeping my fingers crossed this time. Wink

I just realized you said adding aloe vera to shea butter. But Shealoe butter is an actual butter you can buy. It is shea already mixed with an aloe vera. It is much better than trying to mix aloe vera gel or juice with shea yourself. It won't separate and has a nice melting point and skin feel.

From nature with love Shealoe

The Herbarie Shealoe

MMS Aloe Butter This is aloe butter, I have this and I really like the feel. Its Aloe Extract and coconut oil.

New directions Aloe Butter

If you definitely want to mix your own shealoe. Try this, it makes emulsions work better.
The Heat and Hold. I learned a lot on this site. I have a test whipped cream that I made seven months ago and it is doing fine. No separation, no beasties. Feels great. The only thing I will change is the fragrance I used.
Madeaj
Madeaj

Back to top Go down

Post by ajsimmons8 16th February 2011, 1:43 pm

Thanks again for the additional resources Madeaj; I like, as much as possible, making my own mixtures vs. buying them - it's more cost effective for me. I'll try making my own shealoe cream again and instead of using the "must be refrigerated" aloe vera gel, I'll use the store bought kind that you find in the sunscreen section since it already has preservatives in it and see how that works.
ajsimmons8
ajsimmons8

Back to top Go down

Post by CarlaAR 18th February 2011, 1:46 am

I just made sheaaloe and I love it. I cant wait to try other recipes. Thanks for the link!
CarlaAR
CarlaAR

Back to top Go down

Hair Care Recipes Empty Chamomile Fields Shampoo

Post by essentialoils 21st February 2011, 1:22 am

The Ingredients

4 bags of Chamomile tea (or 1 handful of fresh Chamomile flowers)
4 tablespoons pure soap flakes
1 1/2 tablespoons glycerin*
The Instructions

Let the tea bags steep in 1 1/2 cups of boiled water for 10 minutes. Remove the tea bags and with the remaining liquid add the soap flakes. Let stand until the soap softens. Stir in glycerin until mixture is well blended. Pour into a bottle. Keep in a dark, cool place.

* Glycerin: A transparent sweet liquid, a by-product of soapmaking. Glycerin is used in many cosmetic products. It acts as a humectant. Which means it retains moisture. You can purchase it at most drug stores or health food stores.

Chamomile - Anthemis nobilis L. (Roman) -Matricaria chamomilla (German) Relaxant, great bedtime drink, slows down central nervous system.

Hope you like
essentialoils
essentialoils

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybird 21st February 2011, 7:01 pm

Hey guys....

Thanks for all the recipe. Off i go to mix again!! Laughing
Ladybird
Ladybird

Back to top Go down