CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Post your Hair recipes

+4
Marche'
AfrikanLatina
Erica5417
Mimi
8 posters

Go down

Post your Hair recipes Empty Post your Hair recipes

Post by Mimi 24th November 2009, 6:59 pm

I bought the following products, but now I need some recipes to use it on my hair! Feel free to share your recipes, with this product or add products if you think it is useful!

I didn't buy shea butter because I think it's really hard to spread it on my hair, any tips about this. If you mixed it with conditioners please explain why you choose that brand and what it does for your hair!

I'm still learning! I really appriciate your recipes! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

-Jojoba oil
-Castor oil
-Avocado oil
-Glycerin

Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post your Hair recipes Empty Re: Post your Hair recipes

Post by Erica5417 24th November 2009, 7:46 pm

I mix avocado oil with my deep conditioner, Organic Root Stimulator. ORS is my favorite DC. Nothing else works as well for me so far. I also whip my shea butter with coconut and jojoba oil (and tea tree and vitamin E). If you whip the shea butter it's easier to use.
Erica5417
Erica5417

http://ericathurman.ennoir.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 24th November 2009, 8:21 pm

I agree with Erica. If you whip the shea butter with an electric hand mixer its much easier to use. I just made some whipped shea butter using shea butter, coconut oil, almond oil, olive oil, honey, and tea tree oil. Whip it all together until its the consistency you like. Smile
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Marche' 25th November 2009, 1:34 am

The only thing I have used on your list is the Glycerin which I mixed with water and used as a daily spritz during the summer. I just recently (as in a few wks ago) had success with shea butter in my hair. I made a whipped mixture as AfrikanLatina mentioned and put a small amount on each section of my damp hair. It came out wonderful. I got 3 day hair. One downfall is that is causes build up and can weigh your hair down if you use too much.
Marche'
Marche'

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 25th November 2009, 1:37 am

I whipped shea butter, coconut oil, jojoba oil, vitamin e (natural preservative), lemongrass eo, and lavendar eo. I havent used it yet but I whipped it until it was light and fluffy like whip cream. I cant wait to use it.

I mix my veggie glycerin with water in a spray bottle. I spritz my hair with it every other day or as needed. It really hasnt gotten cold here in MS yet. I've heard veggie glycerin should only be used during the warmer months because it draws moisture from the air. During the cold months the air is drier so the glycerin draws moisture from your hair. I dont know how true this is but I am gonna test it out and see how my hair responds.

I hope this helps.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Mimi 25th November 2009, 4:49 am

Thank you all, so the whipping shea butter mix you all use as a cream for your curls or do you wash it out?

Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 25th November 2009, 10:57 am

I use the shea mix for my two strand twist/twist out.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Natural Wheezes 25th November 2009, 6:30 pm

Glycerin I use in my daily spritz (with distilled water and Lavender EO) as well. My hair looooves it in the summer. Winter.... not so much. So now I'm going back to my castor oil. I neglected it over the summer. I apply the castor oil right to my scalp when its wet after washing or co-washing, and then to seal after styling. Absolutely nothing else helps my scalp stay moisturized as well.
Natural Wheezes
Natural Wheezes

Back to top Go down

Post by Marche' 25th November 2009, 9:59 pm

Mimi wrote:Thank you all, so the whipping shea butter mix you all use as a cream for your curls or do you wash it out?

I use a small amount as cream. I'm still working on the twist out thing.
Marche'
Marche'

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 25th November 2009, 10:58 pm

aloe, shea, castor oil and evco. great for my twists!!!
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post your Hair recipes Empty PREP00

Post by CostaKink 26th November 2009, 11:30 pm

Hey curlies I have created a mixture that worked awesome for my hair. This is the first time that I've used and it worked incredible. I've never done a preepoo and always wanted try so this is what I have come up with:

2Tbs EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
2Tbs EVCO (extra virgin coconut oil)
2Tbs Honey
Organix Coconut Conditioner
HE (Herbal Essence)Totally Twisted

I heat up the two oils for 25 sec and then add in the rest. You dont have to use the exact measure depending on how long of short ya hair is. It smells like skittles!!! No joke!!! If anyone tries this and it works like it did for me let me know! Enjoy! X-D
CostaKink
CostaKink

http://www.loudmouth269@aol.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down